Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Gk FAQ up~

+5
Veyure
gluvzer
miv305
System Commander
Paz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~Gk FAQ up~ Empty ~Gk FAQ up~

Post  Paz Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:34 am

FAQ

BIG CHANGES:

Daemon princes, possessed, obliterators, mandrakes, all now count as Daemons for Gk special rules. Cuz, you know, they are daemonic.

GK Falchions do NOT give +2 attacks, only +1.

Doomfists remain s6, as dreadknight is not walker.

shabamo!

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~Gk FAQ up~ Empty Re: ~Gk FAQ up~

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 am

Awesome.. good to hear they got it up sooner trather than later...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 am

Good for them.. its looking like they addressed most of the issues.

One question I had been curious about, which I'm sure has been addressed somewhere was psykers embarked on vehicles. If they use a psychic power, is it measured form the hull of the vehicles they're being tranported in.

I ask because of shrouding and the librarian. Initially I'll probably be using a couple of landraiders.. with the librarian in one. If hes in a landraider, casts shrouding.. then everything within 6" of the actual landraider gets shrouding? Is that right?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 am

It is great to see that they FAQ'd the book in reasonable time, although they didn't do it fast enough to prevent me from modeling 4 GK Terminators with Falchions....
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:33 am

Im rather impressed with how soon this FAQ came out, The Dark Eldar one was pretty fast as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 am

And.. there also a main rulebook FAQ that went up to.. and its a big one.

Strangely enough, they actually answered my question about psykers embarked in that.. awesome.
Rulebook FAQ
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Hmm, the rulebook faq says May 16 2011.. but it looks new.. maybe they just decided to relase it now? Lots of good clarifications in there though.. lots.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Only the purple is new and they didn't change the date.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Ahh, ok.. thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to figure why some were purple and some weren't...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm not sure if people were still thinking about the scout move shunt with personal teleporters, well it disallows it. Also, Terminators in a Chimera is cool.

I noticed in the MRB FAQ that you can use all grenades a model carries in the same turn, thus if you have krak and melta against a vehicle you can use em both. Might mean lots of other things for the fancy grenades of GK, haven't read them yet.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm

That's a debatable one.. I dont have the wording from the book in front of me but dont you only get to make 1 attack when using grenades anyway? Id argue you have to choose one or the other... I would think.

All those awesome GK grenades forced a faq on this one..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Mike you beardy =I=censor=I= I can't believe you thought falcions were +2 attacks, I looked at the falcions entry a few weeks ago and it never even crossed my mind that they'd be +2 attacks it just looked like +1 attack because you have 2 special weapons of the same type, like 2 power fists etc. FOR SHAME!!!
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Um... is it just me or did they faq that you can stack hammerhand and might of titan for as many times as you can cast it per squad? so a paladin squad with 2 librarians can cast hammerhand 3x and might of titan twice to gain 5str and 2d6 armor pen? i really want someone to prove me wrong but based on the wording of the new faq its legal...

faq page is 3 with;
Q: Do the effects of the same psychic power cast
multiple times on the same unit stack? (p50)
A: Yes, unless specifically stated otherwise

and the powers do not state otherwise. regardless if i'm screwing up the wording or not i hope we don't allow this if i'm right...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 am

I really don't see the issue.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 am

Sounds like a new DeathStar: STR 9, Armor destroying, Feel No Pain, Unique Models, LandRaider Transport, Grey Knight Paladins

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 am

It was clear form the book that Titan and Hammerhand could already stack, I think people were a slight bit unsure about Hammerhand.. but now it's for sure.

Yeah, you can cast all three for a unit.. but.. that's getting to pretty heavy overkill considering your risking the perils test on your librarian. But yes, its definitely possible.

However, I'd have to double check, but I thought hammerhand was cast in the same "phase" as hammerhand.. I thought you were only allowed one psychic power per different phase.. one in movement, one in assault.. etc. If Hammerhand and Titan are both cast in the assault phase, I didnt think it was possible. Ill have to double check after work though.

Like Tim, I dont see a problem with it. Thats alot of psychic powers your pouring into one unit.. not to mention alot of big dudes all wrapped up in one squad...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 am

canadin wrote:Sounds like a new DeathStar: STR 9, Armor destroying, Feel No Pain, Unique Models, LandRaider Transport, Grey Knight Paladins

i really dont see anyone but idiots doing this. not only are you chancing alot on your psychic rolls (check those dice to see if they're loaded boys) but this is retardedly cost heavy. If you took the bare minimum in these units to field that, you're spending 240pts for a 3man paladin unit of a demonhammer apothecary and 2 demonhammer paladins, plus another 310pts for a pair of librarians paying extra points for the might of titan power (GK libbies pay points for every psychic power they want to know past hammerhand) plus 255pts for a basic land raider. thats over 800pts for a death star. your death star will eat over half your points in a normal 1500pt game, and thats before taking anything even capable of scoring. 2 HQ, a 3man elite slot, and a heavy slot (paladins cant take dedicated land raiders as transports)

throwing over half your point limit into 5 models with a 5+ unvul is not even close to a death star. you're better off taking a 640pt death star of vulkan he'stan, 5 hammer/shield terminators, and a crusader/redeemer. at least then they all have a 3+ invul so you know they can last more than 1 phase.

and to clear up the powers, yes, Hammerhand and Might of titan are both used in the assault phase. Hammerhand could be casted by the paladins, giving everyone str 5 before demon hammers. this is how the codex says to do it btw; you apply hammerhand before any other modifiers such as hammers and so forth. so now your hammers are Str 10, since they double w/e your str value is. so now both libbies cast might of titan each. well, the +1 str from that is useless because str caps at 10. but. the extra D6 for armor pen is not stacking; its just the +1 str that stacks. sorry, no 3D6 armor pen for you, though i admit i'd enjoy that. so realistically, that sort of death star is overpriced and useless when you realise thats how the powers work.

if you wanted a death star of some overpriced terminators with only a mere 5++, then take this:
take the libby, pay for might of titan, and give him the warding stave so in melee he's a 2+ with a 2++ invul since this is where you'll need your invuls the most. 190pts

a land raider for 255pts.

and a 4 man paladin unit with an apothecary with demonhammer, a model with a halberd, one with a warding stave, and one with a hammer for 315pts.

your down to 760pts, but now you can allocate your invul saves better, cause no opponent is gonna be stupid enough to send so few powerweapon wounds on this unit that their 5++ will be enough. your apothecary will help with basic wounds and bolter fire, assuming you roll so poorly that having a 2+ wasnt good enough for you so your paying 130 pts (75pts more than a normal paladin) to make a 4+ reroll on on those 1's you'll "maybe" roll every so often. you'll also have a pair of str10 demon hammers rolling 2d6 pen, and a pair of str 6 staves, and a str6 init6 halberd all rolling 2d6 pen.

more practical, but still overpriced, and i say a 130pt terminator apothecary is a complete joke. i would personally drop the apothecary to a normal paladin with a halberd or hammer (as both are free) to lower the unit to 685pts overall, as a deathstar shouldnt be more than 700pts. a single unit should never be worth more than 40-45% your point limit, and even then, this unit is so small that in larger point games above 1500pts, the players that bring more hurt for less points than what GK can do it in are still gonna make this a bad unit to take.

that all said, i dont mathhammer my units, i take what looks awesome when its posed and painted. but for those of you that do the math on point effectiveness, no, its not worth taking that unit. (and dont fib, if you do mathhammer, you know you do and your armylists show it Razz )
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

@tiger - well said.

@ SC - Unless the GK Rules are different for psykers, you can cast your limit in psychic powers in any phase just not the same power more than once (as added in the updated FAQ) Unless i misunderstand your meaning....
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am

Here's a riddle. From the Rulebook FAQ:

Q: Do psychic shooting attacks need to roll to hit? (p50)
A: Yes.

Jaws of the World Wolf. From Codex Space Wolves pg 37:

“As a psychic shooting attack…..”

Do you now have to roll to hit then draw your line?
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 am

as of yesterday, the wolves on the bolter and chainsword already have several pages of arguement purely on that ruling with the world wolf. its split right down the line. basically anyone that uses it alot say codex trumps brb, BUT it only trumps when there's a conflict. to which they fall back on "well its like a template weapon cause you draw a line". no. if the words "a psychic shooting attack" are in the description of the power, then unless it states "automatically hits" in the description of the power, then you have to roll to hit with it. i would say cause it "hits" everything the line touches, roll a hit die for each unit, if passed, then they do the leadership test or w/e it is world wolf makes you take. otherwise, that unit on the line is safe from the power. thats how i read it with the current FAQ. that's also how i will be playing my Blood Angel's Blood Lance power now since it's also affected by the new FAQ
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey Greg.. nope, your prob right. I think it was jsut one of those things that was stuck in my head for who know where. I can't remember why I thought that at all.. Ill check out my book when I get home and see what I was looking at.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:22 pm

The Eldar Vibro Cannon works the same way, you have to roll to hit first, then you draw a 36" line and hit everything it touches. I don't see why the SW psychic power wouldn't work like this.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I would say that any non-flamer template attack doesnt claim to automatically hit at range should need to roll to hit.

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 pm

@tiger - I stopped reading your post because you said that you're risking alot of perils by stacking hammerhand. The chance of rolling perils is 1/18, so roll it 3 times and you have 1/6 so that deathstar will take 1 wound across 6 turns rolling hammerhand 3 times per turn, absolutely not a stupid thing to do.

I have played against triple hammer hand death stars since the codex came out and they're unstoppable to most armies. Honestly this codex has broken warhammer almost as bad as demons did for fantasy. 40 purifiers on foot with a librarian and two dread knights, and that's just one list that is stupidly hard and not fun at all to play against. If it stands still it puts out 64 psycannon shots per turn, the librarian can make them have stealth so they can sit in cover with a 3+/3+ and all the non psycannons take halbreds and they absolutely knock the brains out of anyone who assaults them... this codex is retarded.

Altho like IG you just have to play an opponent that isn't a piece of =I=censor=I=, so it all balances out.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:37 pm

actually, i didnt once mention perils of the warp; i was refering to rolling with the hope you successfully roll to activate the power. and a fail rate of casting is 1/6.

and if you stopped reading my reply that early in, then you missed my point; a 5man paladin squad with an apothecary, and 2 librarians with a land raider is an overcosted, and unreliable deathstar.

do read the entire post before commenting on whether the point someone's making is jibberish, as you missed the point that was being made all together.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum