Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

agh Bloody Hell

+2
Viserion
Commander James of the Ul
6 posters

Go down

agh Bloody Hell Empty agh Bloody Hell

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 am

Okay last weekend I spent 70 bucks on the new Starcraft Game. Brought it home and the bloody computer didn't even meet min requirements. Okay no problem It badly needed a good cleaning, and I could get the upgrades and write it off as a business expense. So that what I did... BUT when I got it back thats when the problem happened. I hooked everything up and the dam screen would even get a signal from the computer.
Since most of you know more about computers then I do. Are there any suggestions on what the hell is wrong. I badly need to play the Starcraft game. Been waiting 10 bloody years for this game to come out and after paying for "enough" for the upgrades, I STILL CAN'T PLAY the DAM GAME AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

agh Bloody Hell Empty Re: agh Bloody Hell

Post  Viserion Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

is the monitor the only issue? ie. the PS is running, any lights on your keyboard and case are lit up and it passed POST (power on self test ~ generally a single beep before your OS starts up)?
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

agh Bloody Hell Empty Re agh bloody hell

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 pm

No there is no sleeper light thingy on the keyboard, and yes the monitor is the only one for that computer. There is a different outlet for the screen. I'm thinking maybe because of the new graphic card and and other upgrades it needs that other outlet to operate

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:27 pm

interestingly enough, i too have the same problem. it started for me before i bought the upgrades though. my computer does not even POST. i spent a good 2 days trying to fix it and even bouht a new motherboard and cpu and RAM. in the end i just took it into OTV for them to figure it out. once i get it back working, i'll let you know what the problem is so you can get it going. if you figure it out before then, let me know.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:02 am

questions to answer:

1) does the computer turn on? (do the fans spin when you push power?)
2) remove the side panel from the computer, when the computer is plugged in (on or off) there should be a green LED on the motherboard lit up, yes/no?

Answer those and I can come back with more specific questions.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 am

What "upgrades" did you install? Video card and RAM I'm assuming? Hopefully you didn't get a new chip .. did you install all these upgrades yourself?

Once we know if your actual computer itself is spinning up, then we can probably help out easier.

However, from what I was told the Starcraft 2 requirements weren't that excessive.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

agh Bloody Hell Empty Re agh bloody hell

Post  Commander James of the Ul Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:32 pm

I got the pro's at JPK Computer in Humboldt to put in a sweeter graphic card and Ram. But Stupid me I had the monitor cable in the old port, Not the new port. Just got it working and dam it is fast... But my wife some how locked herself in the room and is now playing SIMS blast it any way. Been waiting 10 bloody years for this game. She did that just to piss me off aaaggggrrrhhhh. If I didn't have to do a weight sort in 5 minutes I'd smash in there and pork her... lol piss me off. Oh well just going to have to wait tell later to play the game...

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:58 pm

The Sims. The only game more addicting than WoW-crack.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down