Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi i'm New

Go down

Hi i'm New Empty Hi i'm New

Post  Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 am

Hello I'm new to Warhammer. I've allways wanted to play I have even collected figs and read a few books but I only played 2 games total. I have an Imperial guard army and a space marine army.

so... that is about it for me other then I dont know how often I can play but I would very much like to learn.

Also I was wondering what kind of armies do most people play, how many people play, and where can I learn tactics online? And any if there was anything I need to know for playing 40k here?

Back to top Go down

Hi i'm New Empty Re: Hi i'm New

Post  Paz Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:29 am

Hey Stormaker. Whats your name? I'm Paz, I play daemons, tyranids and blood angels. You can request games here, or PM any member for a game. Tactics can be garnered from many sites, though I most frequent warseer. Its the largest 40k site out there to my knowledge, so there is good and bad, but it will have everything GW, and then some.
Right now, our league is running out of steam. Lots of ppl still play, but the structure is pretty much not there. Which is a break I think many of us need. Doesn't mean you can't play though! I will be down at the den today, battling Tom, if you wanna come down and chat.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Hola new guy!

Paz as usual does a pretty good job of covering the basics, but I'll go a little more in depth if you'd like.

We've got a core of about ten players who regularly hit up the Den every Wednesday, and about another twenty who swing by infrequently for games at various times of the week or only the occasional Wednesday. For races I'm pretty sure you can find a minimum of one of everything in terms of races, with some of the older races (Necrons, Dark Eldar, and inquisition) being less frequently played or played by only one person.

Since you mentioned you played marines I suppose I'll throw out http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/ As its a site that focuses primarily on imperium forces.

Like Paz mentioned the current iteration is a little lagging. Robyn, who is in charge of the league, has been swamped with work and a new baby so he's got next to no time to devote to the league sadly. On the fortunate side he'll be passing off the administrative duties at the end of this current league which should give a boost to our pretty strong community.

My best suggestion for you, if you want to play some 40k is to just come and visit the League on Wednesdays. There are always people milling about between games, chatting and most likely looking for someone to play. We're all a pretty friendly bunch so don't be shy. =)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh sorry my name is Mark i would come on down today but i'm hosting Dark Heresy today

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey Mark.

Im always up for playing anyone I have not played before; would you be up for Wednesday afternoon or evening? (June 16)

And as for learning tactics, I've always found that the two best ways to learn a strategy game is to learn what every one of your unit's strength and weakness is, and how to deploy your army.

Online, people just seem to go over army lists; which is still important

--Adam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum