Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

next codex release

4 posters

Go down

next codex release Empty next codex release

Post  Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

After blood angels, what is the next codex planned to be released by GW?

Back to top Go down

next codex release Empty Re: next codex release

Post  Paz Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Grey Knights most likely. There have been sightings of the 3-ups for plastic terminators and marines, and they will apparently get the storm-raven as well, allowing this major vehicle for the BA to be released.
DE and Necrons still fighting for end year, but I doubt anything until January, as GW usually drops 3 codex's a year on average.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:40 pm

Most of the rumors I have seen tend towards DE, then Necrons, with A combined Inquisition codex slotted for 2011.

However, one has to remember that Codex rumors are almost all entirely opinion-based. Nobody really ha any clue except GW. And even if they provided honest leaks, said leaks would still be over-whelmed by the huge amounts of s**t-rumours on the good ol' interwebz.

Some useful links:

Inquisition Rumour Compilation Thread (courtesy Heresy-Online): http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55212

Dark Eldar & Necron Rumor Threads:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57214
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35582

Last edited by Terran on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:45 pm

I trust in Harry from Warseer. He has been right 100% of the time for Rumors. he cryptically said earlier this year that after blood angels, another Astartes force would be "winging" its way in. Some people thought Dark angels, and he said "think Shinier". Now, with the confirmed sightings of GK 3-ups being shown at warhammer world, I can't see DE coming out before the knights. It seems though, that inquisitors may really be reduced in this 'dex, marginalized over the Knights themselves.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:51 pm

I have tended to steer clear of Warseer, personally, but that is just a preference thing more than anything. So far, the rumor mill on Heresy has been smack-on as well.

Truth be told, though, we likely won't be seeing a new 40K codex until the sumer at least, if not later. What with Spearhead coming out in June, and I do believe they are doing a new version for Warhammer Fantasy Battles this year as well.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 am

ya they are this will probobly be more of a wfb year

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 am

I think everyone's getting hasty, as much as I would like to see a new necron's dex it's about as likely as a new season of firefly. The next dex is mostly likely not going to be released until late this year (the last 12 months has already seen an unprecedented amount of new codex's, not seen since the release of 3rd edition) More likely than not the next dex is a space marines dex because we're not sick of them yet right? it's not like we've all heard enough blood angels rumours to puke blood already...

My vote is next space maines (any flavour they all taste like =I=censor=I= anyways) then chaos space marines early 2011.

I look forward to being pleasantly surprised.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 am

*shrugs* who knows. I cant even reasonably guess what would be next, as theres quite a few that need a redo right now.. but if I had mo vote, it would of course be the Inquisition... but I wouldn't be dissapointed if Necrons could a facelift. I like the necrons as an army..

as for the DE.. they are still elves.. and I hate elves.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down