Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 18th Tournament (tenative)

+5
Terran
Veyure
System Commander
Paz
Lore Weaver
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

April 18th Tournament (tenative) - Page 2 Empty Re: April 18th Tournament (tenative)

Post  Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 am

lol that IS quite a brush up..

Back to top Go down

April 18th Tournament (tenative) - Page 2 Empty Re: April 18th Tournament (tenative)

Post  Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:05 pm

is this going to be a cheese fest or a fair balanced tournament

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:26 pm

bensutherland333 wrote:is this going to be a cheese fest or a fair balanced tournament

I think 1000 pts std force org with no special characters doesn't lend itself well to cheese. That and with two of the four matches requiring objectives, it makes it tough to min-max.

There's cheese to be made, for sure, but I wouldn't call it blue-stilton Smile
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 pm

depending on how the tournament is scored you may be penalized for bringing unbalanced lists. It all depends on what you want when you play in tournaments. If you just want to win all your games, then take a power list. If you want best painted or sportsmanship, then you know what to do. IF you want best overall they you will really have to put allot of thought and work into it.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:17 am

Winning all your games gets you a "Best General" prize, and puts you two points ahead everyone who has only lost one game. If they make up those two points for painting and sportsmanship, then the person who wins best general may not place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. (although, it's likely they will)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Just to clarify for my own sake.

The listings have some of the missions with Additional special rules such as infiltrate/deepstrike. I notice reserves isn't included in any of them, and infiltrate/deepstrike are likewise somewhat limited. This is intentional, and not an oversight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Reserves are permitted, sorry for the oversight.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Reserves are permitted, sorry for the oversight.

since my answer didn't get spotted in the above thread, and looks somewhat covered here. I'll ask again here.

Since reserves are going to be used, that means the option to scout outflank, jump pack deep strike, teleport deep strike, infiltrator outflank, and basic reserves are all going to be used?

If so, I don't understand the purpose of the "addional special rules" sections.

If they are not going to be used how is this fair to newer armies (blood angels) that in a sense use the deepstrike rules as a "backbone" to their army?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I wanted to be clear that certain rules were in addition to those mentioned in the rulebook. I think the only case where it's actually "additional" is where I mention that the last battle is night fight for the entire match.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Thank you very much Smile
I can't wait for the tourny Sunday Smile
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Yep! Should be fun!

I might bring my Tau army just to show off some painting, we'll see.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2