Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex)

3 posters

Go down

Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex) Empty Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex)

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Was just snooping around bolterandchainsword and came across this thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=194578

Dante
4 sanguinary guard squads with a few upgrades
4 Sanguinary priests

~1500 points

Basically, when you take Dante, sanguinary guard are troops. With the models looking so badass, I think I would totally put an army like this together for kicks, and just to have a damn good excuse to pick up a bunch of winged marines. Furious charge and FNP all around due to priests, and power weapon toting madness everywhere. It might not be very competitive, but man would be it fun!

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex) Empty Re: Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex)

Post  Terran Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 pm

It would be a pretty slick looking army. I am very much going to get my hands on a Sang. Guard kit, just to convert them into Raptors for my Chaos army.

I must agree with the comments many people made though. It would be tough to play, as it suffers from the same Deep-strike problems as Deathwing. Though, in all fairness, you still have a bunch of Jump Infantry. 18" assault range plz and thanx.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex) Empty Re: Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (with new dex)

Post  Paz Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

hehe, codex is not even out, and the ridiculous lists come out.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:42 pm

[quote="Terran"]It would be a pretty slick looking army. I am very much going to get my hands on a Sang. Guard kit, just to convert them into Raptors for my Chaos army.

k i have to steal that idea

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Paz wrote:hehe, codex is not even out, and the ridiculous lists come out.
final version of the codex (or very close to) was leaked a loooonng time ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Um, no it wasn't. That was a fake dex, with different names, and wrong rules. didn't have the magna grapples, the blood talons etc.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Games workshop stores all have Copts at the store but not allowed to sell Sad
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm

sewerstalker wrote:Games workshop stores all have Copts at the store but not allowed to sell Sad

Which is what this list was based off of. This would be one hell of a fun little side project, but by no means would it be very competitive. If i put something like this together, I may just see myself mysteriously acquiring an entire blood angels force. Damn it! Not while I'm trying to get an eldar force off the ground and wrap up my guard!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Paz wrote:Um, no it wasn't. That was a fake dex, with different names, and wrong rules. didn't have the magna grapples, the blood talons etc.
I think we're referring to different copies

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Okay HC, Show me a link, or a reference to the actual rules now being talked about, from people who have seen the preview copies in stores in the last week or so, to this "leaked codex" that was released a "looooong time ago". Please.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 am

it was on scribd or some random torrent site (piratebay most likely). I downloaded it once, looked over some stuff, and then deleted it 'cause vanilla marines make me content (or I still have the copy, it's just spread across the three computers that I use). there were a bunch of discussions on ytth about it.

point being is that there will always be lists done before the codex is released, it helps sales by fueling excitement Razz I had the tyranid codex about a week and a half before it was released and could have gotten it even earlier, probably 1+ month before (but didn't know where to look Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 am

HC, that was a fake leak. The entire point that paz was making is that the leak you are talking about was not in fact the correct leak as it was missing wargear and had hugely different rules.

Also, it sucked. =)

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:47 pm

caros= exactly. silly people were building lists off it, and calling it broken, and it was, because it was fake. It didn't have the storm raven, or the special weapons or characters. We now have the army lists as the codex was released as a sneak preview last week, but they have kept a tight lid on it.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm

It did have its own flier that was nearly the same thing.

Truth be told, it was a relitively well put together codex for a fan-dex, about the best I've seen which is why a lot of people believed it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down