Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOCUS!

4 posters

Go down

FOCUS! Empty FOCUS!

Post  System Commander Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:40 am

*sigh* So I have a problem. I've got 5 new terminators that need paint and a bit more modelling work. 2 are modelled to be Slaneesh, and 2 Khorne. I plan on buying another box of terminators to put to use those great new terminator bodies I plan on buying from forgeworld. I've got 4 plague marines painted, but still need another 4 painted for the squad and I still have another 8 that need priming and painting. I also have to put together and model a new rhino for the second squad, and paint the awesome rhino I got from Cam several months ago. As well, I have 2 Oblits to finish up painting, as well as a Khorne predator. I'll probably buy the vindicator box with Ryan and will have to do that. I've also got a Khorne Lord with wings and Demon weapon that is modelled, but of course needs paint. I've got one last Khorne biker to finish up for the squad, and I'm thinking about adding a squad of 8 raptors to the army, which I'd have to buy, model and paint.

So, thats the Chaos stuff I have to do. I've also got that idea for a Ork army and have modelled up 10 boyz and 3 bikes so far. No paint on them, but I though the escalation league might be a good chance to get them going. Thats alot of new stuff to paint if I go that route. I plan on having as many bikes as boyz, so that would save some time painting, but of course when you get a larger model, you want to spend a bit more time on it so I may be out of luck anyway.

And, last but not least I have some imperial forces. I've got a landraider to finish up for the daemonhunters, as well as 5 more regular grey knights. I've also been working on a new Inquisitor squad that needs to be finished and painted. Annnnnnd, I have a completly modelled, yet unpainted Imperial Guard army. Well, I think I almost have one full platoon painted (25 guys). With the rumours of a new codex in the future, I was thinking I could beat the rush and start painting all my gereral troops and a few lemans.

Did I mention I still want more regular berserkers with Forgeworld torsos, I might buy a chaos landraider off a friend AND I still have the Baneblade to paint... !!

I need some direction... argh! Right now I'm trying to finish up the one squad of plague marines and the two Oblits. After that, I'll probably do a rhino for the plague marines and the predator, but for the Calgary tournie I was thinking about bringing Daemonhunters so would need to do the Landraider first. However, with the rules being so outdated for the Grey Knights and without faq's to update the rules, I'd rather not cause any rules debates and go with something straightforward.

So I guess my question is, who else has this problem and how are you dealing with it!?!?!

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

FOCUS! Empty Re: FOCUS!

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:11 pm

I still have a ton of models to put together (Orgyns, CC Vetran squad and about 18 or so Roughriders).....My Dark Angels still have an unconstructed Razorback and Predator.....

As for Unpainted.....lol....I have a ton of those....and even more then need to have their finishing touche put on.

I just kinda paint what I feel like at the time....or what I will be using in the near future....but I only have 2 armies.

If I were you.....I would polish off the Chaos stuff that you are going to use for a tourney army, then finish up the Daemonhunter stuff....but stop whatever you are doing to leave yourself enough time to get your 500 point worth of Orks painted for the league start then do the extra 250 points as you add them in. From there, you can pick away at the leftover Chaos stuff as you can.

The imperial guard are likely going to have to sit....unless of course you decide you no longer wish to be married..... :-)

That would be my suggestions.....
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Well, once I get started on one thing I can usually keep momentum going. However, my biggest problem is when I first down at the table. What do I work on first.. ! Sometimes if I only have an hour, I dont really wnat to get into painting anything so I do a bit of modelling.. and once you've done enough modelling on it, you end up wanting to paint it right away because you've already got momentum going for the miniature.

All it comes down to is that I need more TIME! Time to go Darren.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:05 pm

While I haven't bought anything of consequence for nearly a year and have a relatively low model count to boot, I can still offer some advice I've used.

What I've done is parcel up the tasks at hand into bitesized bits, like choosing one section of an army to work on at a time.
Say every week you work on something new, starting with the more urgent or the easiest to complete. For example, one week you'd concentrate on that Deamonhunter Landraider and those five Greyknights, then next week finishing up that Inquisitor. That'd finish your Deamonhunters and then you can move on to working on the Orks or Chaos, whichever you want. And, if things get a bit tedious with one army, you can always spend a week working on a squad from the other armies to change it up.

Large goals are good, but it's always good to have weekly goals to help you get there. Wink
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:43 pm

I have similar problems.
Right now im trying to finalize some work on the chaos marines . I need finish modelling and painting 5 raptors, 2 obliterators and 6 plague marines, oh also a daemon prince.
I also have the stompa project. While the modeling is done with the exception of the supa rokkits, i still anticipate also o0f time spent painting.
Then there are the tyranids. I have built 8 genestealers and a painted one carnifex, so there is a ton of work to do there. I also have some ideas for apocalypse including a tittyblade.
To top this off i have developed an unhealthy obsession with building a chaos dwarf army for warhammer fantasy.
The basic plan right now is to get the chaos done because that is the smallest project, and it will also provide a more effective list for anticipated tournaments. After that it will be the stompa, in hopes that i can have it ready for some painting competitions. Then it is a toss up between the nids and the chaos dwarves. I think i am leaning towards the dwarves though. The idea of creating a new and original army that is totally different from 40k is somewhat appealing, even if it is heresy.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down