Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift)

3 posters

Go down

Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift) Empty Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift)

Post  Terran Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:45 pm

So the wife got me a whopping gift certificate for the Den as my Christmas gift, so I decided to get everything I would need to make a Fluff-list around my favorite character in the Chaos codex: Fabius Bile.

So, here is the rough list I have been sketching out. Input from seasoned Chaos vets, newly converted Cultists, and random passerbys named Phil is much appreciated.

HQ:
Fabius Bile: 160
and either/or
Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Slaanesh , Familiar, Warptime, Lash of Submission: 155
or
Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Deamon Weapon, Plasma Pistol, and Melta Bombs: 155
or
Lucius the Eternal: 160

Troops:
10 Chaos Space Marines w/ Icon of Slaanesh, Melta gun, & Flamer, inc. Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, Enhancement: 255pts
- Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher: 50pts
10 Chaos Space Marines w/ Icon of Slaanesh, Melta gun, & Flamer, inc. Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, Enhancement: 255pts
- Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher: 50pts
9 Chaos Space Marines w/ Icon of Slaanesh, Melta gun, & inc. Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, Enhancement: 232pts
- Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher & Daemonic Possession: 70pts
Elites:
8 Chosen Marines w/ Icon of Slaanesh, 1 Meltagun, 2 Power Weapon, 4 Meltabombs Inc. Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist: 259
or
9 Possessed Chaos Marines w/ Icon of Slaanesh, inc. Asp. Champion: 264
Heavy Support
1 Chaos Predator w/ Lascannon, Las-cannon side sponson & Daemonic Possession: 185

Total: 1750...ish. (I can make any of the flip-flops work with minor changes to non-wysiwyg wargear).

So the theme for the army is fairly straightforward: These are the 'children' of Fabius Bile, his perfected Marines. When it comes to the Elites choices, here is the rationale. The Chosen would be his favored successes, epitomizing the apex of his dark craft. The Possessed would be his greatest failures, warriors so altered that they have become genetically unstable (resulting in random, drastic, frequent mutations). The accompanying Chaos Lord/Sorcerer would be representing his apprentice, who one day hopes to exceed the accomplishments of his dark master.

With regards to game-play terms, I went with the following choices for a reason:
Fabius/Enhancement: Grants me a fairly tough Chaos HQ (like 6 S5 attacks on the charge, at I5, which inflict instant death). He makes normal CSM strike at S5 (S6 if a 6 is rolled for Enhancement), and makes them Fearless. This gives the potential for S9/S10 powerfists, and even vanilla CSM are wounding Marines on 3+.
Mark of Slaanesh: Went with this because it lets my guys hit first against most opponents outside of some HQ's, most Eldar units (but on par w/ many), Dark Eldar, and some Nids (I know I have forgotten some, but meh). I have often found that hitting first is often as effective as hitting hard. This combo of Enhance/MoS lets me do both.
Lots of Marines: Lets me start my collection with models that will be useful anywhere.

The only part of the list that bothers me is that damn Predator. I think all the Lascannons could be useful for popping tanks from afar. However, I think it also has a giant bullseye painted on it. I am thinking a Defiler may be better, or maybe Las-cannon/ML toting Havoc squads.

Anyway, I am done presenting my thesis for the evening. Comments, criticisms, random statements about the weather; they are all welcome. But remember, I am not looking for a min/maxed tourney-list from hell.

Last edited by Terran on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift) Empty Re: Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift)

Post  Paz Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 am

Fluff= YES. Super cool idea, and something I always wanted to see on the table. The possessed as failures is perfect,

Rules= Also really good! enhancements is just too good, an entire army utilizing them= powerful. I likes!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift) Empty Re: Fabius' Children (My Christmas Gift)

Post  Veyure Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 am

I think switching to havocs with LC would be better. everything else is infantry so it would make sense to have a heavy infantry, i do like the pred model though. your call.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 am

Another possibility could be to squeeze in 2 (possibly three if points allow) Obliterators. That would give me a decent amount of flexibility in terms of armament. It could also go with the theme, because they are definitely of deviant genetic stock. Thoughts?
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:43 am

oblits ARE awesome.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down