Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God damn it's cold..

+3
ScottRadom
Freezingoon
System Commander
7 posters

Go down

God damn it's cold.. Empty God damn it's cold..

Post  System Commander Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 am

Like above, it's freakin' cold.

This poses two problems for me.. it's much warmer in front of the TV, with the fireplace running and playing video games then it is painting mini's .. Ive done literally nothing with min's for the last few weeks.. I opened my model cabinter once to loook at a few things, but thats was it.

On a lighter note,, I finally made er through Dragon Age last week, I loved that game..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

God damn it's cold.. Empty Re: God damn it's cold..

Post  Freezingoon Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 am

Cheers to all points of this post, though I do wonder if a fireplace would increase the comfort factor over my toaster sized space heater. Also cheers to a good story with tolerable voice actors, Dragon Ages is one of the few games that I did not skip over the dialog, and its got some good game play too.
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:45 am

I paint in my garage, and it is heated, but it's still retardly cold. The floor just gets the cold into my feet so fast. I think I am gonna move a small station into my basement behind the furnace today. I hate not painting.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 am

my room is the second coldest room in my house and that is where i paint xD before i would have to check if my paint dried up (house is freakishly hot in summer) but now i have to check if i can move every once in a while Razz and i have yet to play that game so now im saddened Sad
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 am

The cold makes me unable to cycle everywhere which I normally do; my brakes refuse to work in the cold 'cause they're oil/disc brakes.

It doesn't get cold in my room, in fact I leave the register closed and sealed. I just turn on my computer - with a GTX 295, it keeps the place nice and warm Laughing

I've heard nothing but good about Dragon Age, perhaps I should just get it...

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

When I finished it, I had put in just under 70 hours.. about 69.. a few hours here and there type of thing over the past couple months. That includes doing the majority of the quests, minus a few annoying ones I didnt want to go back across the country to do. Thats of course playing a straight good warrior.. you get the different story lines if you play a different class and of course do things the bad dude way.

The basement wouldnt be that bad, but it has laminate flooring in it.. I dont know why the dude who owned the house before us put laminate in the basement.. we have throw carpets and the like around, but it gets pretty cool when it dips down to -40.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 pm

I dont know why the dude who owned the house before us put laminate in the basement.
Drugs. o.o

And I did finally cave in and bought it today over Steam, including the digital deluxe edition.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 pm

We rent a basement apartment, so its cold, but Luckily the landlord was not crazy, and put carpet in.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:08 pm

I just moved my painting stuff into the house. It's on a cement floor, but it beats the garage cement floor. It's slippers for me! I am looking forward to getting some painting done as it's been a couple weeks. That's been a long time!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 pm

My problem is its not where I paint that is cold its the garage where I need to prime stuff up. I have been wanting to get rolling on getting a color scheme down for my new space wolf army but its just to cold to properly prime anything.
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:43 am

Dana wrote:My problem is its not where I paint that is cold its the garage where I need to prime stuff up. I have been wanting to get rolling on getting a color scheme down for my new space wolf army but its just to cold to properly prime anything.
Aye, all of my Tyranids are currently... Games Workshop Plastic Grey Laughing It will be until spring before they'll see some colour.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Dana wrote:My problem is its not where I paint that is cold its the garage where I need to prime stuff up. I have been wanting to get rolling on getting a color scheme down for my new space wolf army but its just to cold to properly prime anything.

At least for you, 6 months of winter is just a blip on the timeline for you to finish an army Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:30 am

Hey now. I have got lots done I have a 1500 pnt list im going to post up soon and see what people think. from there ill put up a 1700 and 2000. I have a test base made that I want to bring down and see what people think of it. So by my standards om off to a pretty good start.
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down