Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Niddy Rumors

+7
System Commander
Cjihad
Administratum
Lord_Commander_Stash
master of the deathwing
Paz
Guardian Angel
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More Niddy Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: More Niddy Rumors

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:19 pm

I just have to say one thing.

STR 10 AP 1 LANCE

DAMN YOU GW!!! LEAVE MY TANKS ALONE!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Jemal wrote:I just have to say one thing.

STR 10 AP 1 LANCE

DAMN YOU GW!!! LEAVE MY TANKS ALONE!!!!

screw you now there is a F$I%ing chance us nids can kill them all!!
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 pm

After looking into... err "sources" it appears that the Tyrannofex has two s10 ap4 shots, not a single large blast. Removed some of his duality, but still fairly nice as it's a more reliable vehicle killer. Either combined with the Hive Guard or Zoanthrope, they compliment each other fairly nicely.

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 pm

HolyCause wrote:The closer and closer we get to the release of this codex the more and more excited I am.

~300 point 6 wound T6 2+ regenerating monstrous creature that fires off a S10 AP4 48" template? Yes please. If this guy gets cover he's going to be a total pain to get rid of. At least, go ahead and fire your big guns; you ain't killin' anything else more killy.

Two S10 AP1 Lance weapons from T4/W3/3++, all from a drop pod, all for around 170 points? Yes please.

Death Leaper? Yes please.

Mawlocs? Oh I'll take two!

Potentially infinite amounts of Gaunts with FNP and re-rolls to wound? TYVM (potentially gimmicky, but immediately hilarious)
a) costs as much as LR
b) good as it sounds
c) not quite as good as sounds as it cant assault during deepstrike
d) realise that you can get 3 templates from each of these guys if you go to turn 6... ya... no...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:06 pm

A) Yes I know how much the Tyrannofex costs, but he has six wounds, a 2+ save, and fires off two strength 10 shots. If people are going to waste their time shooting him they're not killing anything else more killy, but if they don't kill him there's some S10 shots going your way. A sort of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

C) Deathleaper is for utility. As some psyker defence. To annoy certain squads. Oh, and good luck shooting him.

D) L2 Deathleaper/Lictor and Insight.

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 pm

actually the tyranofex is more scary than most think, thats only one bioweapon. its a MC so it can shoot 2 ranged weapons. so str 10 ap 4 x2 and str 5 ap - x20 in one round of shooting. and ya i agree the death leaper will drive some armies crazy.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Picked up the codex today. After a quick readthrough, my thoughts:

Story= holy moly is there more... like 3 new hivefleets. I liked Naga, tyranids killin off just xenos.. cool beans. Also, the ruin of malantai makes sense now, it was an assassin run!

Tervigon= cool, but I just KNOW I'm gunna roll doubles first turn and waste this creature's best power: making sweet baby termies.

swarm lord= HOLY BALLZ. costs a lot, but with his powers, is gunna murder SM captains and any SC's without EW.

Carnifexi= makes sense, and forces ppl to make some cool choices

shrikes, harpies= yeah!

all the special characters= eff yeah! so cool!

final thoughts= GW, thou hast made me proud. You did away with faceless bugs, and added some real character! Wierd psychic aliens, who actually eat worlds! And all the cool special rules like "whats wrong with sarge" and "he's behind you" are so... aliens-ish. BIG THUMBS UP.

I also really like the fact they added sooo many new creatures over the models they can make. They knew we love to scratchbuild, and they added some reaaaallly cool ideas.

Two funny things=
1.first story bit mentions that the nids are the penance of the old gods... huh?

2. It's always been a huge area of speculation about why the nids left their galaxy for ours. One fringe theory was that they were fleeing something. The book talks about origin theories, and now this one is in there! Adding fan speculation to fluff= pretty cool.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 pm

AHHH THE CODEX IS AT THE DEN? YOU MAKE ME SAD THAT I DIDN'T GO TODAY Sad

Yes that required all caps. that's how excited I am to have an actual print copy. lol

And yes, the copy I do have downloaded has some very good fluff and the rules are... quite good, if there are some bugs (pun not intended)

@judchic, the assault 20 thing is 12" range with bolter stats. not worth taking at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 pm

better hurry, when I was there, Allen said they sold 6, mine being the seventh, and last on the shelf, I dunno if they have more, or more coming. also, like, 4 boxes of Trygons! I don't think I'll start this army just yet, other than scratchbuilding all the unique creatures, for fun.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:09 pm

When I talked to him (and Darren) a while back he said they'd be getting at least 12 copies of the codex.

Did they have Carnifexes there? I pretty much have all of the models except for 2-3 carnifexes for Tervigons and harpies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 pm

HolyCause wrote:When I talked to him (and Darren) a while back he said they'd be getting at least 12 copies of the codex.

Did they have Carnifexes there? I pretty much have all of the models except for 2-3 carnifexes for Tervigons and harpies.

You assume that GW actually but some thought into their production and made enough copies....
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 am

yeah, because gw doesn't like to make money Stash... riiiight.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 am

I think they only put seven copies out cause both Darren and Al like to see the disappointment on people's faces. It probably makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside! haha Sounds like a real winner of a codex paz, looking forward to some of those scratch builds... And from you too Cam...
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Paz wrote:yeah, because gw doesn't like to make money Stash... riiiight.
Given how !@#$ty some of their earlier codices are, it doesn't seem to be that way.

Remember kids, rules sell models. If you have crap rules, people aren't going to buy a model as much as they would if it had good rules.

The fact that GW still hasn't made a Thunderwolf cavalry model is just... headache inducing.

There were no carnifexes there, but there were at least five copies on the shelf. One of them is now sitting beside me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Paz wrote:yeah, because gw doesn't like to make money Stash... riiiight.
The just dont know how to do it alot of the time

IG advisors,
psycher battle squads,
valkyries,
and something else were all on limited run and took 2-3 months to become available again. These of all the guard range should have been on priority run!
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:16 am

it kinda sucks that so much of the new stuff doesn't have a model available...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:45 pm

judchic wrote:it kinda sucks that so much of the new stuff doesn't have a model available...

That seems the way that GW is doing things now. On one hand it offers a chance to personalize a model by scratch building it and many players enjoy the challenge of making their onw conversions. On the other hand conversion often reguires multiple boxed sets as well as the extras (green stuff, tools...) so GW would most likely benifit from from not having a model out right away. In the past I have seen drop pods made from scratch and everyone was different. Now that the GW drop pod is out alot of these unique and well made models are not used because some people feel that playing with them is breaking an unwritten rule and they must have the proper model. I hope that GW is finally seeing that conversion is a big part of 40 k and are finally giving the players the chance to create what they want. This is my oppinion on the subject but if you are not into conversion and modeling but just enjoy playing the game then yes "it kinda sucks"

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:37 am

Well, GW can only produce on such a massive scale: 3 plastics and 3-6 metals per release, they have stated this a couple of times. As far as customization= I don't agree! For psyker battle squads, by not making new models, they can convince ppl to buy all those sanctioned psyker squads. Valkyries? Still on shelves. And the fact that each codex is coming with waaayy more varients (nids!) than there are models for, well, GW is proving that they know ppl love to scratchbuild.

I agree with Urlec, by not releasing, say, the nid Harpy, tyrannofex and tervigon, 3 huge creatures, and subtly hinting what other creatures they resemble, they know someone crazy is gunna go out and buy 2 carnifex's or a trygon or Fex to scratchbuild. Then they can fill up the next year somewhere with extra releases, if they can sell well.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=0&aId=5100032a&start=1

lol, psychic powers on cards. Total callback to first/second edition, nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum