Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player questions

5 posters

Go down

New player questions Empty New player questions

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi, I don't really know how to start so I guess I will just speak my mind.

I'm rather new to the Warhammer 40k experience however I have played a few games with a friend. last Wednesday (25 of November) I went to the den to see how I could begin to play on a semi-regular basis. I learned that there is a league night every Wednesday. I figured that I could come next league night and maybe pick up a game just to get a better hang of the rules. here are a few of my questions.

Are there any rules that forbid me from coming to league night without a membership.

How many points should I bring.

will someone be willing to have a game with me despite my lack of experience.

Back to top Go down

New player questions Empty Re: New player questions

Post  sewerstalker Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:31 pm

hey here are some answers, no you can come to league night without a mebership, bring as many points as you want( how many can you field in what army), and yes everyone there is willing to pay with the newcomers to this great game. BTW i am rhett(nids and daemons)
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Membership is $5, and from what I understand you cna start any time (though you will be a bit behind everyone point-wise). I would just get the membership, it is cheap as dirt. Plus, Darren (who owns the Den) may or may not be doing a league discount. Not sure if he continued with that or not. Regardless, I would just join the league.

You can usually find people to have a quick game with you. The forum is a good tool to use to find games.

Points limits entirely depend upon what kind of games you are playing. Usually games run 750pts for Recon, ~1750 for strategic, and lots of Control (~3000). There are specific rules for each points limit (HQ restrictions, model restrictions, etc.) posted on the website.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:42 pm

If you are looking for a game, just use the Thunderdome thread (usualy a thread dated for games per week) or PM someone. You can throw out general requests for a game, just put down how many points you want or can play. If you are not part of the league, you should also let people know it would be considered a "fun game" and not for league points. Lining up a game with someone who can help explain the rules well as you go along always helps too.

btw, Welcome!
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:13 pm

WELCOME!!! oh and BTW you're not just limited to wednesdays to play 40k. Alot of people play on ther days throughout the week too. Very Happy
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Welcome im josh and i play chaos put also have a ork army.
Good Luck!! Hope i can play you
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:27 pm

i forgot to say this in my last post, but anyways, i'm Kieran and play Dark Angels.
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:00 pm

welcome to the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes, welcome. I'm Jim, and as has been said before - Join the league (It's cheap), Play whenever you want, and just tell people how many points you've got, and I'm sure it won't be hard to find people to play any size army.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:07 am

As a fellow newbie I am always willing for a game - I'm there every Wednesday and sometimes I'll show up Thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down