Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th edition box content

4 posters

Go down

5th edition box content Empty 5th edition box content

Post  System Commander Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 am

The main news located at the Bell of Lost Souls site has some news regarding the new box set for 5th edition. I'm a little leary over the stated price, $59.99 !!! Wow, and do you see what you get with it. Maybe I'll just post it here.

According to Games Workshop USA Sales Representative Mark Koscielniak, the new Warhammer 40k 5th Edition Starter Boxed Set will include a “Crap-Ton of miniatures”.

The new boxed starter, due out in September of this year, will include the popular “mini-rulebook”, dice, measuring sticks and the proverbial French “Crap-Ton” of miniatures including:
1– Space Marine Commander (full sprue)
1– Space Marine Tactical Squad
1– Space Marine Terminator Squad
1– Space Marine Dreadnought

AND THAT’S NOT ALL!
The set will ALSO include:

1– Ork Warboss
2– Ork Boyz Mobs
1– Ork Nob Mob
3– Death Koptas

The retail price on this tremendous deal will be a ridiculously low $59.99! A quick analysis of the retail value of this set is valued at a cool $262 bucks, and that’s not even counting the retail value of the 3 Death Koptas, the “mini-rulebook”, or the dice!
The new 5th Edition starter will be called “Battle for Black Reach”.
The regular hard cover 5th Edition rulebook is due out in July, with a retail price of $49.99.
Even with this great value, Games Workshop Inc. has instructed their retailers to warn consumers that in order to off-set this incredible value,GW is forced to break the promise of not raising any prices for 5 full years. As a result, all of the GW starters (40k, Fantasy and Lord of the Rings) will now be sold at $59.99, rather than the former $49.99.
Even so, the values of these starters are astounding, as entire armies can be built for the cost of a couple of starters.
Be sure to place your pre-orders early so that you don’t miss out on this incredible deal!

www.belloflostsouls.blogspot.com

Looks like good news to me, might be a fast way to get those Road Warrior Orks on the board. But holy smokes, can you believe that price. Who wouldn't buy the box set? That's just nuts. It's beyond a good deal, it's like an insane deal.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

5th edition box content Empty Re: 5th edition box content

Post  Guardian Angel Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 pm

I will buy it for that price.

Is there a place where you can place an order already? I dont wanna miss out on that

Ryan
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

5th edition box content Empty Nope

Post  System Commander Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:22 pm

No pre-orders yet, but this is still just something in the "rumour" column. I'll believe it when i see it, it still seems like the best deal ever in the world.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:32 pm

To be honest, I find it a bit odd that they would release space marine in both of their "Starter" packs. I know that SM are their base units.....but, I think it would make more sense from a business perspective to get people into a new army.....perhaps the Guard for example.

However, I will get one either way....if it is only $10 more then a book
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

5th edition box content Empty Marines

Post  System Commander Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:47 pm

The Space marines are the bread and butter of the 40K universe. They are also very simple to learn and are most forgiving to mistakes. Plus, you dont have to paint alo of models, and the models are easy to paint. In particular no flesh and etyes which tends to be the hardest thing to paint for new people.

The old box set had marines/nids and it sold well. All the old editions though did havge Orks/marines, so with the new codex out and new models available, they probably wanted to take advantage of the updated look and get some new Orks out there.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jer Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 pm

System Commander wrote:The main news located at the Bell of Lost Souls site has some news regarding the new box set for 5th edition. I'm a little leary over the stated price, $59.99 !!! Wow, and do you see what you get with it. Maybe I'll just post it here.
System Commander

Typical, absol-bloody-lutely typical...

dole out the first couple of hits cheap and then jack up the price...

is it just me or is this basicly what drug dealers do?

not that I am complaining, I need me some cheap 40k fixes
The Jer
The Jer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Buhler Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:10 am

The Jer wrote:is it just me or is this basicly what drug dealers do?

not that I am complaining, I need me some cheap 40k fixes

Yeah the only thing is I think it's backwards; I think the models are merely the paraphenalia it's the dice rolling that really jacks you up. =)

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:54 am

There is gonna be a massive population explosion of Orks hitting our league.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum