Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~

+3
System Commander
Administratum
Paz
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~

Post  Cjihad Sat May 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Su-weet.
Cjihad
Cjihad
Mystic

Back to top Go down

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~

Post  Paz Wed May 14, 2008 5:14 pm

thank yew kinds sirs for your comments!

First test daemonette (going for a totally diff look from the norm, part eldar influence, and undersea fish look. idea is that when the warp breach occurs, all goes pitch black,a nd the only light is teh kind you have to worry about!)
~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010776

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010778

And pyramid head is coming along nicely! should be doen the sculpting and base in a few days, then on to painting this dewd. not sure if i should use him as a daemon prince or greater daemon.

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010779
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed May 14, 2008 5:43 pm

Nice man, beautiful work on the left hand on the prince.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Damn.. first thing... what do you use for sculpting tools.... second thing, how did you sculpt that hand.. impressive.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 15, 2008 12:14 am

cam= thanks dewd, yeah that hand gave me a lot of trouble. I sculpted the basic shape of it too big, so now he has bear paw sized hands! ah well, better for tearing off skin and doing nasty things to ppl right?

Robyn= i use a reg. gw sculpting tool i got a billion years ago,
~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 Sculpt

My usual method is as follows.

1. build armature. for the hands, that meant sculpting the basic shape of the hand, letting that dry, then drilling and placing wires for each finger and the thumb. then, i just stuck on bitz of green stuff, shaped it into the basic shape i wanted.
2. then went in to each digit with some spit and polish, to really get it looking realistic. as an artist, i have a lot of knowledge on basic anatomy, so this wasn't so hard, but its easy to find ref for hands on the net.
3. i let the fingers dry for a bit (say 1-2 hours), so they are cold and starting to harden. then i go in and try to smooth out the gs, make any final touches.

For the main body, i sculpted a lot of the muscles one at a time, letting them harder separately so that i could sculpt the others without worrying about messing up old work. This is by no means the way to do things, as this is my first fully sculpted figure, and my first time going in hardcore with plasticard.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 am

Awesome, well it takes alot of work but the payoff is good.

My problem is the time. I dont get alot of time to paint these days (and I don't even have kids yet!) So when I do, it takes me 30 minutes to decide what to paint since I have 1000 things on the go and I want to paint everything at once.. Smile So for me to do the sculpting properly, it would probably take me FOREVER to do anything, but I would definitely ike to give it a try.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 21, 2008 3:01 am

DONE!!!!!

this sculpt took me way longer (2 weeks) than i thought it would, mostly cuz im lazy, and easily distraced Razz

without further ado, the finished sculpt (paint soon to follow!)

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010805

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010804

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010806

My slaanesh and tzeentch force is coming along well (well, its only S and T until i get some bloodletters and sculpt some plague bearers..). so far, it has: pyramid head, a keeper of secrets greater daemon counts as, The masque, herald of slaanesh, Kssashisssakh herald of tzeentch on disc, a squad of daemonettes, a squad of horrors with the changeling(im using the chaos sorcerer), a squad of flamers, and a fiend of slaanesh.

slaanesh faction

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010807

tzeentch faction

~Paz's Log, pyramid head finished pg 3~ - Page 2 P1010808
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed May 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Wow man, pyramid is looking pretty sweet. I see you will be treating us to some daemons in the tournament, how thoughtful of you What a Face

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:03 pm

So I was inspired by this thread to pick up and watch "Silent Hill".

Someone owes me something! That movie ate rough nuts. The pyramid head guy looked really cool, and Pascal you've done an outstanding job creating your own. What a crap fest though.

The thing that I would be tempted to create a model after was the crazy barbed wire demon thingy at the end of the crappy movie. A suitable fig (Maybe one of the demonhost models) mounted on someting then suspended with barbed wire maybe.

But what ever, I just wanted to bring to t light the harm this thread cause me, and the loss of 2hrs painting time.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 pm

Pssh! I loved silent hill! sure there were some crappy bits, but the cinematography, music and monster design= top notch. Its one of those movies i watch for certain parts, not the whole package.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2