Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tau Human Auxiliaries

4 posters

Go down

Tau Human Auxiliaries Empty Tau Human Auxiliaries

Post  gluvzer Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:28 pm

I always take these guys at their 42pts. Dont want to fight any Imperials though. The legs and torso's are Tau Fire Warriors, and the boots, arms, and heads are Cadian. The feet were a major pain in the ass to line up properly with the legs.

Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01646
Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01641
Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01640

Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01636
Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01634
Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01633
Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01632
Tau Human Auxiliaries DSC01631

Last edited by gluvzer on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : get pics on)
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Tau Human Auxiliaries Empty Re: Tau Human Auxiliaries

Post  Justin Buhler Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 pm

Yeah I can imagine those feet would be a nuisance to switch. How do you find the Auxiliaries? Getting 12 for 100pts aint bad. I'd like to see what the stats differences are between 10 Kroot and 5 Kroot Hounds for 100pts vs. 12 Auxies for 100pts vs. 10 Firewarriors for 100pts. It's also somewhat dissappointing that Gue'la's don't get more access to Tau weaponry or to Imperial weaponry for that matter. lol, could you imagine a Gue'la Heavy Support team with a Railgun or an Ion Cannon? Or even a Lascannon or Autocannon for that matter. I would understand it being a 0-1 option, but it would still be cool.

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:39 pm

wow those are some nice conversions

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:38 pm

The lines are perfect. If you diddnt know anything about 40k you could never tell these guys were chopped up and reassembled, that is the sign of a great conversion.

ps if you are going to post allot of pictures i would recommend *buying* a copy of photoshop, i could show you some neat tricks in there. Even without the pictures are great, ps would just help to brighten them up a bit.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Justin Buhler wrote:Yeah I can imagine those feet would be a nuisance to switch. How do you find the Auxiliaries? Getting 12 for 100pts aint bad. I'd like to see what the stats differences are between 10 Kroot and 5 Kroot Hounds for 100pts vs. 12 Auxies for 100pts vs. 10 Firewarriors for 100pts. It's also somewhat dissappointing that Gue'la's don't get more access to Tau weaponry or to Imperial weaponry for that matter. lol, could you imagine a Gue'la Heavy Support team with a Railgun or an Ion Cannon? Or even a Lascannon or Autocannon for that matter. I would understand it being a 0-1 option, but it would still be cool.

Justin

the rules for Gue'la's can found on the GW site, in the Tau section. I personnaly don't think they are a very good deal. 6pts - 5+ save, lasgun, and guardsmen stats, with the traitors special rule ( all imperials hit them on 3's in cc) You can take 6 to 12 but with only 2 special weapons alotted being pulse rifles or carbines for 3pts each, I just dont see them being effective enough. I agree with you, an autocannon or some kind of heavy wpn would make them cooler and more viable in force. Right now these guys are just a small throw away unit, or hide in a table quarter which is a type of unit I try and fit into any army I play.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Tau Human Auxiliaries Empty i love the paintjob bud.

Post  Gulsnick Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:03 pm

some day when i grow up i want to be as good a painter as you .
great job Ryan i am jealous of your painting skills Smile
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down