Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skilled Riders

3 posters

Go down

Skilled Riders Empty Skilled Riders

Post  Mr Anderson Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Now most of you know my...opinion on the lack of skilled riders for my bikes. I did however, find something interesting when I was going through the rule book looking for loopholes. Apparently the wording of the Skilled Riders entry in the universal special rules (pg 76) says that "The rider... may re-roll the dice for failed dangerous terrain tests as long as its unit type is bike or cavalry."

Now what I get from this is that as long as the unit type is a bike, all bikes get the Skilled Riders special rule automatically. Thoughts?
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Skilled Riders Empty Re: Skilled Riders

Post  Veyure Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 am

i would say no as every other unit has all special rules listed in their unit entry in each codex.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Ah, that is true but the Turbo-Boost special rule isn't listed in their unit entry either and it still applies, it even has close to the same wording as each other.
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:57 pm

I think you might be digging to hard on this one. In the book, it does every bike has the ability to turbo boost, however is does not say every bike has skilled riders.

You still have to have the actual ability listed in your codex entry to have the skill. The reason why they say bike or cavalry for dangerous tests is because all units have to make dangerous tests when they deeepstrike now, as well as jump units landing in terrain. If you have skilled riders and a jump pack, it doesnt work.

So, the basics of it is.. it has to say skilled riders in your codex entry just as it would have to say Feel no Pain, Scouts, etc.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum