Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~

+2
Roland
Paz
6 posters

Go down

~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~ Empty ~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~

Post  Paz Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:24 pm

So instead of confusing everyone by trying to run preheresy, I'm just gonna use the (way more points effective) space Marie codex!

+++ Alpha counts as (1500pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

Chapter Tactics * [Raven Guard]

+ HQ +

Techmarine [Servo-harness, Teeth of Terra]

+ Elites +

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought [Kheres pattern assault cannon]
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon [Graviton Gun]

Vanguard Veteran Squad [Jumppacks]
Veteran [Lightning Claw, Lightning Claw]
Veteran [Bolt Pistol, Power Sword]
Veteran [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
Veteran [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
Veteran Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Power Fist]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [Meltagun, Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak), 9x Space Marines]
Rhino [Dozer Blade]
Veteran Sergeant [Boltgun, Lightning Claw]

Rhino [Dozer Blade]
Veteran Sergeant [Boltgun, Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack +

Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Twin-linked Heavy Bolter]

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Twin-linked Heavy Bolter]

++ Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate (2014) (Allied Detachment) ++

+ Elites +

Eversor Assassin

the eversor goes in the drop pod, the tacticals combat squad with melta and vet plus tech marine cc dewd going into rhinos.

Commcomp:

Drop podx1- 1pt
Transportsx3- 1pt (small games)
Contemptor (this counts mortis, so I'm gonna lump my deredeos in here)
(Pay 1pt C1)
3 pts, 1x3c1- 6pts

8pts out of 16. Not bad?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~ Empty Re: ~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~

Post  Roland Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:29 pm

We're a medium game. No credits for your 2 rhinos.

Might want to double check univeral for AV12 walkers, AV13 vehicles. You might get some dings there.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~ Empty Re: ~"space marines" commcomp alpha legion assassin force of killing and stuff~

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:20 pm

What's the rules on the new dreads? Dunno if I have seen them before.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Roland wrote:We're a medium game. No credits for your 2 rhinos.

Might want to double check univeral for AV12 walkers, AV13 vehicles. You might get some dings there.

they're not av 12 tho (it doesnt say av12 and up), and are they technically 13 vehicles (walkers and vehicles being listed separately)? I dont mind paying the tax, just find the wording wierd, especially with the 1pt c1 cost they already have, which is steep.

Tom- Deredeos are the same as contemptors, but trade -ws for +1 bs, and have super autocannons (twin linked, s8 ap 4, psuedo-tank hunters, rng 48).

DEREDEO RULES- EXPERIMENTAL HERE-BUT NOT IN HH BOOK 4-
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm

You're right it doesn't specifically say AV12+, which makes me wonder if it's intended to 've covered by AV13. You don't have enough to trigger the walker rule anyways. (4+)

Walkers are vehicles however.... So as long as that contemptor is AV 13 its a credit. Same as what you thought it was in the first place.

That definately needs cleanup tho.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:38 pm

So it is basically a super version of the psyfilman dread Rolling Eyes
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Walkers that are av 13 count towards comp, just ask a blood angels player about his furiosos lol. And dorito dreads are friggen sick, of course they cost alot of comp points lol
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Well, with the rhinos not effecting my comp, it equals out with the extra point for 3 av13 vehicles :p

So still 8 pts!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:04 am

Did some more messing! Here's my new updated list (with reduced shit I need to buy or paint, yay saving money!)

+++ Alpha counts as (1500pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

Chapter Tactics * [Raven Guard]

+ HQ +

Captain
Chapter Master
Artificer Armour [Bolt Pistol, Digital Weapons, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Storm Shield, The Burning Blade]

+ Elites +

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought [Battle of Terra, Kheres pattern assault cannon]
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon [Graviton Gun]

Vanguard Veteran Squad [Jumppacks]
Veteran [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Sword]
Veteran Sergeant [Lightning Claw, Power Fist]

+ Troops +

Veteran Sergeant [Boltgun, Lightning Claw]

Veteran Sergeant [boltgun, Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack +

Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

Land Speeders
Land Speeder [Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missle Launcher, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter]

++ Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate (2014) (Officio Assassinorum Detachment) ++

+ Elites +

Eversor Assassin

So that's 1 for the drop pod
4 for the contemptor and deredeo.

So 5! Not bad at allllll
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:32 am

Looking good! (I also like saving money Razz )

No Shield Eternal? Would argue it is a bit better than having the Burning Blade (lots of ID out there these days).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:03 pm

It is yeah, but I dunno, it's just so often used. Also costs extra if you take a chapter master, shield and jump pack for your chapter master.

But I'll test it out again!

What I can't believe is how good and cheap vanguard vets got in this codex.

5pt power weapons? Wat?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Deadlytoaster wrote:Walkers that are av 13 count towards comp, just ask a blood angels player about his furiosos lol. And dorito dreads are friggen sick, of course they cost alot of comp points lol

I have no Idea who you're talking about <.<
>.>

Very Happy

I love my furioso's... too bad they're AV13 comcomp credit whores
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Paz wrote:It is yeah, but I dunno, it's just so often used. Also costs extra if you take a chapter master, shield and jump pack for your chapter master.

But I'll test it out again!

What I can't believe is how good and cheap vanguard vets got in this codex.

5pt power weapons? Wat?

Yea, I know, but the reason it is used so often is because it is so good! Razz

Without it there are a fair number of matchups that he can't handle. With it even if he is going to lose it takes wayyyy longer and typically smacks people about (would assume taking a Thunder Hammer to get a couple of points back). YMMV.

I have to get a look at the new marines codex. I'm behind on them. Don't even have the new Eldar codex, would upset the almost mint 6th Eldar codex and Iyanden supplement on my bookshelf. Rolling Eyes
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Played last night against Ian's dark eldar!

Take always-
1. You need rhinos, footie marines will not survive. No way around it.
2. Shield eternal is the tits. Also rolling 9 armour saves on a 3++ against incubi and only failing 1-too good.
3. That insta-gank on 6s for grotesques is... Grotesque. My poor eversor!
4. Ian is magically able to make 80% of his snapshots with dark lances. Wat.
5. Dark eldar are really pretty darn good at maelstrom.

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 am

Lol i like that game summary. Dark eldar are boss if you play them right Wink *cough cough eldar master race* but yeah you need to take your little tin cans to avoid all sorts of scenarios. The only other option is pods so its one or the other. At very least you need the option available in case they have pods or alot of dakka.

And 5 pt power weapons? That is pretty nuts. im trying to get my crimson fists playable as a little side project (one of many) so i guess i better check out the new dex!
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:26 am

It was a fun game. Incubi are SUPER good against marines, not so much against a shield eternal that won't fail a save. Sad

Really loving playing my Dark Eldar again, too bad you got all the D3 objectives and couldn't stop rolling 6's. I'd take that over the odd snap firing dark lance. Razz
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:03 pm

yeah without that objective hot hand I had going on, I would have been pooched. Cant handle dem gunboats with silly 4+ jink!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

So many boats!

PS My new list has more boats.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 pm

GingerBalls wrote:So many boats!

PS My new list has more boats.

Ian has taken notes from titanic and determined that since they needed more boats so does he.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down