Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanilla marine set

3 posters

Go down

Vanilla marine set Empty Vanilla marine set

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 pm

So, i'm using the following...

2 x 10 Tactical squads with flamers and missile launchers, 1 sergeants w/ power weapon, 1 without
5 terminators w/out heavy weapons
1 Jump Pack Chaplin /w bolt pistol, crozius arcanum
5 Assault Marines w/ 1 power fist
1 Chapter Master w/power weapon & bolt pistol
1 Thunderfire Cannon & Techmarine /w servo harness (standard armament for the kit)
5 devastator squad with 2x lascannon and 2x plasma cannon
1 rhino and 1 razorback for the tacticals
1 Venerable dreadnought stormbolter/ccw/multimelta

That seems to be vanilla, but respectable 1500 pts.

After seeing the devs die a wonderful flanking death, i'm thinking of rearranging slightly... Take the plasmas from the devs to the tacticals, put the missiles from the tacticals to the devs, save myself 10 points, and plasmas less susceptible to focused fire. Then i'll have some around for later if there's late arriving heavy infantry.

I do have a land raider and normal dreadnought to swap with the venerable and terminators for something with a little more back bone to it.

And the terminators almost don't seem worth it without a heavy weapon.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Vanilla marine set Empty Re: Vanilla marine set

Post  Timbo Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 am

Only two troop choices might be a bit light for a few of the scenarios. I like your idea of putting the plasmas in the tactical squads instead. Plasma cannon is more of an anti-infantry weapon, while lascannons and missile launchers are better anti-armour. I was looking in the codex and I guess you can buy a razorback for a squad even thought they can't fit in it. Weird. You could give it to the dev squad instead. I like using them as mobile screens to protect those very expensive infantry from enemy fire.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 am

I would actually move the lascannon's to the tac's and mlers to the devs, saves you 20 pnts and in non kp missions you could combat squad one of them and leave it on the objective in your area. I find plasma/mlers compliment each other better than ml/lc. I would also drop the venerable on the dread, i just dont find its worth the points anymore. I think i would stick with only 1 hq as well. Either drop the chappy and use it towards squeezing that raider in with your termy's and put the master in there(or even just a captain). Or drop the captain and use the points to fill out the assault squad to 10 bodies to run your chappy with. If my math is right dropping the chappy, venerable status, downgrade cm to captain, lc's to tacs you should only need 25 points to get your raider into that list
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Just a note to point out, you guys are responding to a post that's 3 1/2 months old. Not a big deal, the advice is still valid and you might of even noticed it, but I just wanted to give it a quick mention anyway.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 pm

yay for threadmancy
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down