Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re hot on the heels grey knights

+5
Roland
dusktiger
Paz
System Commander
Commander James of the Ul
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re hot on the heels grey knights - Page 2 Empty Re: Re hot on the heels grey knights

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:10 pm

I know, hence the smiley face. It is hard to see your faction get the most shit everywhere on the internet all day, every day though.

No I don't think so. 135 points on an AV12/12/10 frame in a world where annihilation barges are thing. Or wave serpents. Or even Ravagers. Especially in an army with 0 other long range shooting choices. 4 str8 ap4 shots were ok at best to me. All I really expected them to do is open transports each game. Something other armies don't even generally have to think about. My Marine/IG/Eldar lists have enough serious anti-tank shooting that I don't even consider not being able to kill transports. What made them silly was the fact that dreads for the most part are garbage. Psybolts put them into the realm of actually being decent, which when you compare it to the standard dakka dread made it seem amazing, when really it was ok.

Honestly I didn't see much of a need for an update at all. I expected to lose the goofy grenades, although anyone in the imperium can still access them from inquisition. I expected to lose inquisitors and henchmen since they got their own codex. What I didn't expect was to see the basic things that made GK unique (psybolts, different special weapons, and Nemesis Force Weapons, Psychic powers) overall decrease in their effectiveness without any upsides other than some minor point adjustments.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Re hot on the heels grey knights - Page 2 Empty Re: Re hot on the heels grey knights

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 am

At the end of the day its all monetary.

Just about every rule change makes the draigo-wing style army less usefull. I doubt it was ever GW's intent to let people play thier game for the cost of one special character and 13 terminators.

On top of that, the detachment rules make them more likely to be used as an allied force. which gets more people buying more models overall.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2