Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay?

5 posters

Go down

Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay? Empty Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay?

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:44 am

Having had my broadsides re-hosed by S8+ AP2- shooting again...

What's the solution? I know Ian's been putting the 4++ on them, but that gets pricey quick.

Why not ally in a Dark Angels Librarian with a Powerfield with a unit of 10 schmoes? Math's out to ~290 points (scoring, and it's 11 dudes) with the Dark Vengeance loadouts.

Downside, you'd have to deploy them all together. Allies of convenience means the Libby can't prescience the Tau stuff.

But! Everything deployed within 6" of the Libby gets a 4++. A person should be able to fit 6 Broadsides in that range, and you also have a counter charge unit there (muhrines with a 4++ and a force weapon libby)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay?

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 am

isnt it friendly models? allies of convenience are considered Enemies that you arn't killing right now.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Hey Tau Players... is this Yay or Nay?

Post  GingerBalls Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 am

Just splurge on the Shield Generators. At this point I feel they're a must take.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:12 am

Rhaevyn wrote:isnt it friendly models?  allies of convenience are considered Enemies that you arn't killing right now.

Powerfield is all models, including enemy models!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 am

You're still paying more points just to give some protection to your Broadsides. You should stick stick Aun'va in there and he'd give you a 2+ save against AP2 weapons.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 pm

GingerBalls wrote:You're still paying more points just to give some protection to your Broadsides. You should stick stick Aun'va in there and he'd give you a 2+ save against AP2 weapons.

Aun'va cannot join units till his bodyguard is dead.

I dunno Mark, that is a lot of points to protect broadsides. Personally if I was running 3+ broadsides I'll go with the Skyshield. Gives them a 4++ or a 3+ cover if they are actually 25% covered. Also can be lowered late game for no scatter deepstrike.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
GingerBalls wrote:You're still paying more points just to give some protection to your Broadsides. You should stick stick Aun'va in there and he'd give you a 2+ save against AP2 weapons.

Aun'va cannot join units till his bodyguard is dead.

I dunno Mark, that is a lot of points to protect broadsides. Personally if I was running 3+ broadsides I'll go with the Skyshield. Gives them a 4++ or a 3+ cover if they are actually 25% covered. Also can be lowered late game for no scatter deepstrike.

That's one way to do it.

Are you sure about Aun'va? I thought it was a 12" bubble or something?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Aun'va has a couple of unique rules. He summons two powers instead of one. All Tau units can re-roll moral tests as long as he is alive. His unit also has the relic that allows them (his unit) a special saving throw equal to the ap of the weapon used to wound them. He comes with two bodyguards and to be honest I'm not sure if he has the independent character rule since they are always a unit of 3.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:46 am

No matter how many points you pay for protection if your opponent really guns for the Broadsides they're going to die, there are just too many ways to remove infantry models these days.  It hurts my brain to say this (because I'll be quoting/supporting a Tim Miller point of view  Shocked ) but in 6th you're almost always better off getting more Broadsides/equivalent threat rather than spending points on getting them an inv save...
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down