Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sickness

4 posters

Go down

Sickness Empty Sickness

Post  System Commander Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:10 am

I have a sickness, it's called Fastasy (I edited this from just saying 40K). I can't get it out of my mind. For the past couple of weeks, it's all I've been thinking about. I played the big mega battle of Fantasy last weekend, and that hasn't helped. The new chaos mortals army is coming in November, and I can't help but think how cool it would be to have that army.. they all look like Conan the Barabrian bad guys! How can I resist that.. but I will try. Only because I have a fully assembled Beastmen army I've never played with.

However, 40K is another problem. I never bought into the new army coming fad.. at least I hadn't up until this year. Looking back, the only armies I haven't jumped into buying when the codex came out was Eldar.. and that's because they are filled with fairies. However, Chaos came out and now I'm assembling a full Worldeaters army, for the second time. Orks came out and I have 5 squads worth of stuff. Daemons.. yup, about $500 worth of product.

So, why am I starting this thread? I mean, it's a hobby, an interest, why shouldn't I tbe thinking about alot? Well, I got the new Space Marine codex yesterday .. and I'm scared. I already have a couple units of marines kicking around. I've got two landraiders painted up, it would be really easy to jump in to these guys as well. My only problem is that Ive always wanted to start an Imperial Fists army, and the colors would look funny. Plus, I love the Lysander character and his new rules are cool. Like Calgar, he has 4 wounds and eternal warrior..

That aside, I'm trying to resist... I dont know what will happen when the new Guard dex comes out though, that might crack my resilience.

Back to the Marine codex though.. wow, it's impressive as hell. It's huge.. and the options and variety are crazy. It's got everything the last dex had.. PLUS a ton of new stuff. The characters are slick as hell. I love the trend of giving characters special rules unique to themselves. Like Telion, the scout special character. He's got a souped up bolter with better range and rending shots, and the coolest thing... when he causes a wound the controlling player of Telion gets to allocate his wounds. Oh, 2 rending hits, I'll allocate those to the Lascannon and the power fist Sgt. Awesome. I think during the course of a game, he would be 100 times more effective than a Vidicare with all his special rules incorporated. He also has a BS of 6 meaning 1's don't always miss now.

Anyway, my message is now very long. The main point is the new Marine Codex is mega awesome. The Ork codex was also mega awesome. I know alot of people don't like the Daemons codex, but I also think it was mega awesome. Is it a super strong army? Maybe not, but it's sure fun and the rules make a truly unique army. I sure hope GW keeps up this trend .. if they do the same thing with the Imperial Guard codex it will be earth shattering.

What it all comes down to is I'm thinking about Warhammer alot because we're going through a GW rennaisance. With the new edition being so cool (exception here is scenarios), GW back to updating faq's, the unbelievable community support (there are at least 4 strong podcasts out there), the Black Library surge (Horus Heresy is amongst the best Sci-fi series I've ever read) and of course the strength of all the new codexes, I'll be playing 40K for many, many more years to come. I just don't know what I'm going to do with all my figures.. I'm slowly running out of room.

System Commander

Last edited by System Commander on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Sickness Empty Re: Sickness

Post  Paz Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Oh geez Robyn, I know what you mean. You hit it right on the head with 'renaissance'. Everything GW makes these days feels like pure gold, I find myself thinking about it a lot. The daemons are a ton of fun to play, and my new marines are uber cool. And, after watching greg and scott play, and seeing that mega battle, i want to get into Fantasy! Oh my poor wallet Very Happy
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:06 pm

I have always wanted to get into fantasy, i think the armies are cool, and i like the models. I have always trashed the system, especially the block units, but i dont really believe half the crap i talk. There certainly is something about seeing a solid wall of 20 models all ranked up.. pretty cool. The only reason i dont play fantasy is the time issue. I find that i am just too busy with all my other hobbies, but particularly 40k. There are only so many hours a day that i want to spend building and modeling, and i cannot justify getting into another game system when i have only ever played one army in 40k. I keep telling myself that i will consider a fantasy army once i have at least 2 40k armies. Unfortunately i cannot stick with any of the second armies i start... so far its been eldar, tyranids, space marines and now orks. I think with the challenge i will actually finish the orks this time... then perhaps i can expand my gaming interests.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:11 pm

How's this for Fantasy support.....

There are plenty of extra armies kicking around here. Next league I am back on the Orc wagon and I am happy to lend my Nurgle demon army to anyone seriously thinking about playing for the duration of the league. No strings, just if stuff is excessively damaged I will =I=censor=I= you.

New league should kick off just a bit into november.

New Chaos book comes out Nov 1st.....

Also I too am recently re-enthused on GW stuff. I've really been trying to increase my painting skills and I think I am starting to see some results. And Fantasy has been having a few problems. Power creep on army book shas become an issue, but it MOSTLY doesn't play too big a part here locally. They just appeared to not have play tested some of the more recent books very well. And I hear the Mortals book is actually a little weak. Cool models, and I will have to fight of the urge to pick them up as well. I got Dwarfs and Death Korps that need my attention.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum