Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Pool to some random event sometime?

+6
Rhaevyn
Spamus Eatus
Aegwymourn
System Commander
Roland
Lore Weaver
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Car Pool to some random event sometime? - Page 2 Empty Re: Car Pool to some random event sometime?

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 am

We'll have to keep an eye on this site. 
http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2013/06/17/network-news-blood-kittens-presents/

We should submit our events here too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Car Pool to some random event sometime? - Page 2 Empty Re: Car Pool to some random event sometime?

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 am

That looks pertty sweet, also super useful. What a Face
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 am

Vancouver is almost driveable.

If we leave at 6-7AM on the Friday, drive in shifts (~17ish hour drive, depending on speed and rest-stops), then drive back on the Monday (or Sunday Evening if we have night-drivers).
(Aug 16th Driving, Event 17th-18th, Driving 19th)

Gage Tower is $47 a night, so $150 per-person for accommodations.

1500 points, 6 rounds, $35 entry.

I think we'd need at least 4 people to make this a thing that's possible.  That drive is cray-cray though.
http://www.astronomi-con.com/

We could aim for the Winnipeg event (in February)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 am

17 hours well that's a walk in the park lol well a long walk but this year I can't do it sadly,
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:15 pm

if we get this pinned down in the next week or two, i'll schedule it and make it happen.

anything is drivable with 3-4 drivers! Wish i still had the passat though, cuz my current beater sucks fuel.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:06 pm

I will have to check since my wife is either just leaving, just coming back, or on vacation at roughly the same time. I would love to go though!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Im down, just give me some more specifics and im all for this. Also where on that site do i find the details for army size, scenarios and such?

EDIT: found the details top of the page (stupid place for a drop down bar)

EDIT EDIT: Yeah im definitely down for this if we can get a few guys going. (getting excited if we go)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I am definatly down. Cheryl is back from vacation the week beforehand so I'm gtg. Just looking at some of the composition scores though Neutral going to lose some points there for sure....
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:I am definatly down. Cheryl is back from vacation the week beforehand so I'm gtg. Just looking at some of the composition scores though Neutral going to lose some points there for sure....

Who isn't, their composition rules are arcane and retarded. If I take Kairos, I'm penalized for taking heralds. I don't understand what they're trying to stop.

I would happily build a Tzeentch Daemons list that'd smash face there though.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Well I looked at and unless you literally just take one of everything you are going to be penalized. I just don't understand composition scores. If something is broken to the extent that it is going to mess up the game just ban it. Don't pussy-foot around and say "oh its only bad if you take 2-3 of them". If I wanted to run a Farsight Crisis Enclave I'd be penalized for taking more than one unit of crisis suits. Like wtf? 

Oh well thankfully it is not that many points, and like you said most people will be in the same boat.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 pm

The dedicated transports is what got me....Eldar's cheapest transport is 115 then you give it an upgrade or two. So best case you take 3 of them you only lose 2 points (one for more than 150pts of DT and one more for 150 pts over 150 pts....) but eh... also im gunna ask them if the Iyanden supplement rules are allowed since they're just an addition to the Eldar book.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:27 am

on the flip side, who's willing to do this for sure? i have to find out about getting the monday off (or atleast let them know ill be late) incase we end up back late, but otherwise its good for me
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 am

I'd peg my commitment level at about 70% or so.  Sara's got some camping trip planned for either the weekend before, or that weekend.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 am

If we can confirm enough people to go in the next while I am 100% interested. I just want to make sure before I book holiday time at work.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 pm

i have permission from the wife. work leave will be easier than that, so I'm probably at a good 80% committed.

i'm a little leery of any accommodation that is $49 a night though :)you wont have us staying at a hostel in the hood will ya?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am

Lol in the hood.... so when would we be leaving for this event? Its a sat/sun thing right? So we leave friday morning kind of thing? and when would we be back? again Sunday night late or monday sometime?
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

would drive Friday and Monday.  no way we could drive back Sunday night and make it Smile

and after reading the accommodations thing, its being held in a sort of dorm building, so you sleep upstairs and there is a hall downstairs where they hold the event, pretty neat and tidy actually. no travel on the day, except perhaps for some improved beverages in the evening.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:27 am

Rhaevyn wrote:would drive Friday and Monday.  no way we could drive back Sunday night and make it Smile

and after reading the accommodations thing, its being held in a sort of dorm building, so you sleep upstairs and there is a hall downstairs where they hold the event, pretty neat and tidy actually. no travel on the day, except perhaps for some improved beverages in the evening.

There's a number of drinking establishments near UBC.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Well all of this is sounding good to me, ill just run it by the boss at work and if its good there, then im good to go....now to get out those paint brushes and come up with a list that isnt minus 20 points on their composition thing lol
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2