Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new hobby center nearby

+4
gluvzer
Necron Camper
dusktiger
judchic
8 posters

Go down

new hobby center nearby Empty new hobby center nearby

Post  judchic Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 am

So I just got an email from games workshop notifying me of a new hobby center (aka GW store) opening near me.

Burlington, ON...

does everyone in the world think everyone in Canada lives in one spot?

on a side note, anyone want to have game there?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

new hobby center nearby Empty Re: new hobby center nearby

Post  dusktiger Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 am

i got that email too. they send it to everyone on their list that they're opening a new store somewhere. last year i got emails about stores in the UK, down in the states, even a couple further into europe.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Camper Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Hope they make one in Regina or Saskatoon soon

Necron Camper
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Necron Camper wrote:Hope they make one in Regina or Saskatoon soon

No need! We have Dragon's Den. A much better venue. There used to be one in the mall on the south end of Regina, but it failed after a few years.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Den (or any FLGS) > any GW

For teaching, playing or purchasing.

GWs failure to recognize and embrace this is one of their major blindspots IMHO.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue May 21, 2013 6:13 pm

GW stores have hardly any table space and they only stock GW stuff. it doesnt sound bad for shopping until you realize only their paints, modeling supplies, no other figs or rulebooks, etc. they are more a "here are your toys, go find somewhere to play" kind of store. the den is just a great place for gaming and they carry pretty much anything you can think of or can order it if they dont (except forgeworld Crying or Very sad )
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 pm

The Den even has a bit of FW stuff, though it is limited to books. I'm sure I saw a copy of Imperial Aeronautica down there, with stats for the Blight Drone and such.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Camper Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Ok that's good The Den is better

Necron Camper
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm

GW stores exist almost solely to bring in people who have never played before and sell them a rulebook, and a codex, and a bunch of model and paints and all the books to teach you to paint and the glue and the brushes and.....

They put them in insanely expensive mall spaces, pack them to the gills with stock (cuz how will it look if the GAMES WORKSHOP STORE is out of Sisters of Battle blisters) then pay for lighting and payroll and staffing and......

And they freaking hemorage money. That Burlington store? I bought half my Ultramarines from it. Before it closed. This is a replacement store. Because the previous one didn't make enough money.

OR

They can let Darren and Al do all that work for them. Granted they'll sell you different glue and different brushes and different glue, because they are, ya know, CHEAPER, and GW only gets the wholesale price for minis... but how the hell can you choose between making money and losing money and freaking take longer than a millisecond to think about it???

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed May 22, 2013 6:32 pm

I've tried to keep my mouth shut lately about GW, but I have grown to utterly despise them.
They have made bad choices all over the place and basically appear to have a pig up their arses when it comes to their "possible" IP infringements.

They are a company though, first and foremost, and they have CHOSEN to place money before their customer base. That's a decision we all have to live with. Or you can be like me and give it up. Tired of their BS, I hope their precious new store burns down.

But on topic, Dragons Den is by far the BEST hobby store I have ever had the privilege to buy from. No one needs to endorse GW, ever. No one should have to reverse mortgage their homes, sell their bodies for miniatures on 20th, or sell appendages just to get enough money to MAYBE afford a starter box beyond those cheap Dark Vengeance/Battle Maccrage/whatever....

Be thankful for Darren and the Dragons Den. Be very very very thankful.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

It's not *that* bad.

There are some rules issues in 6th that I would hope get cleared up in a potential 7th edition. Random Game Length, many flyer's rules, and random charge length are all bad for the game. So are mysterious objectives and terrain, but we don't seem to play with those rules anyway :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down