Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a.....Proposition

5 posters

Go down

I have a.....Proposition  Empty I have a.....Proposition

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 am

So i was thinking of my gaming group back in Ontario and thinking about some of the events they did there. well, my question is: is there any interest in an Apocalypse game? It would have to take place over a couple days, im not sure how we could make it work, but we could figure that out later. First i want to know if there is any interest in such an event to start. It would likely be 4-8 players (though im sure we could accommodate more if necessary) with armies varying depending on how many players we end up with or based on what everyone has, Ie one player could bring more if another player doesn't have the smallest points value total (less than 3000) otherwise 3000, 5000 or 8000 is what im thinking.

I've played a couple Apocalypse games and they've been rather enjoyable. It would likely not happen for another month atleast (as planning and stuff will take some work) but we'll take it one step at a time. Lemme know what you guys think!
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

I have a.....Proposition  Empty Re: I have a.....Proposition

Post  Guest Wed May 01, 2013 1:16 am

I enjoy playing Apocalypse and would be interested.

If we plan to do it in a single day I would prefer capping the army size at 3000 per player with up to 4'ish players.

If we had a place where we could set up and leave the armies in place we can go higher, like 5000 or 8000

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 am

I would but time is precious. I doubt I could spare the time.

Do you have the space, or are you asking if someone else does?

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 am

I would, and I know Dan, drew and Robyn would be interested.
6000 pts (3000 per player, 4 player) could be done pretty easily on a Friday. Dan, Ben and I did one and finished in about 3-4 hrs. Or a Sunday.

I'd advise tweaking several rules. Flank March, defining exactly what a scoring unit is, any tweaks to reserves, or Foc restrictions. IA: Apoc and reload have several good rules/missions. I'm rather partial to the one that says if it's not a legendary unit, formation, or superheavy, it has to fit in a FOC but that's me.

The best apoc games I've played tended to be more along the format above, where everyone brings about 2000)2500 pts in a FOC, and a single formation and/or superheavy. Tends to be more manageable.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 01, 2013 9:37 am

The 2 years after apocalypse came out we probably ran 8-10 apoc events at the den. Some were like a tournie.. with a god and bad team.. painting, trivia, and bonuses .. and then some prizes for the winning side.

Some were themed events.. like.. Rolling Thunder which was all vehicles. I ve had a good in about 95% of theaoc games i.played. The only ones that got wonky was when one side ended with say 10 strategems for whatever reason.

It requires a bit more tweaking these days.. just to update to a new edition.. apoc did come out twoneditions ago and the apoc 2 book did little to help with a new edition.

Id love to.play.. Ive got an Angrath that has never seen action.. time is the only problem for.me. But if i can squeeze in the time id be there!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 am

even larger games at 10'000pts per side go faster than most realize; me, dan, randy, and devon played one where we pushed out around 10-12'000pts per side, and we finished a full 5 round game in 5 hours.

things that make apoc go faster than you'd think:
  • one or both sides use the strategy of not deploying anything on the board until turn 3. makes the first 2 rounds finish in about 20 minutes.
  • the massive amount of firepower that will be focus firing on specific clustered groups of enemies cause where you're deployed on the board causes units to drop fast. one good set of dice rolling from your opponent and that could be half your models gone from big templates of destruction.
  • agree beforehand whether or not you'll use any strategems at all, or restrict their use to only the ones gained from taking a formation.

i havent counted up my stuff in a while, but im guessing 8'000-12'000pts is what i could deploy.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum