Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the end is near

5 posters

Go down

the end is near Empty the end is near

Post  Administratum Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:40 pm

I for one shall welcome, and bow before our machine overlords.

http://terminator-4-trailer.blogspot.com/2008/07/terminator-4-first-official-teaser.html

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

the end is near Empty Re: the end is near

Post  ScottRadom Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:18 pm

This was before the Dark Knight. I will of course go see it but it is directed by McG. Ugh..... McG. Like the Charlies Angels: Full Throttle McG. How does this guy get to still make movies? Ugh..... McG.

But I'll take a risk on a Terminator movie. Why not? I liked the third one. McG.... Ugh. How the hell do you call yourself that?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:23 pm

I'll probably end up seeing it too...
Not too high hopes on it with its director tho.. But we'll see...
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:46 am

New season of the terminator tv series on space in early september too Smile
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Stash, you made my day. I have been silently praying that they would do a second season. I think it is the best tv show i have ever seen.. tough to make a call between that and robotech though.
Have you heard anything about breaking bad?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:01 pm

Whoa man, if you liked the terminator series you really owe it to yourself to check out Battlestar Galactica. I picked up terminator and so far I'm not hating it but BSG is superior in probably every way. I can't find my first season (Or my 2.0!) to lend you, but I bet Stash has it. It's really good!

Then you shoudl check out Band of Brothers, Deadwood, 30 Rock.... There's a bunch of good stuff out there, and what I like about TV on DvD is watching it while you paint. Though I reccomend giving BSG some dedicated time to watch. It's really good!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Yeah, the Temrinator series was miles above my expectations.. which truthfully were next to nothing.

I'm pretty excited about the flick, but with Scott's concerns.. McG *sigh* Christian Bale is in it though, maybe he can help out McG.

I have heard only good things about BSG, but I have yet to watch an episode. I would love to borrow your series one as well when you can dig it up.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:32 am

System Commander wrote:Yeah, the Temrinator series was miles above my expectations.. which truthfully were next to nothing.

I'm pretty excited about the flick, but with Scott's concerns.. McG *sigh* Christian Bale is in it though, maybe he can help out McG.

I have heard only good things about BSG, but I have yet to watch an episode. I would love to borrow your series one as well when you can dig it up.

System Commander

I know I lent it to someone, I just can't remember who!

I picked up Terminator (On Blu-Ray, no big deal) and the first two episodes were a little poopy. Man did it pick up! I knew they couldn't do the whole summer action blockbuster thing due to time and budget but I really like the story now. I'm actually revved pick up wathcing it tonight with the wife. It's way smarter then I thought and I too am finding myself suprised.They absoluely must sit down in a nerdy room somewhere and decide how strong a terminator acutally is! One episode they're flipping a bus man! what's the deal?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:03 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Whoa man, if you liked the terminator series you really owe it to yourself to check out Battlestar Galactica. I picked up terminator and so far I'm not hating it but BSG is superior in probably every way. I can't find my first season (Or my 2.0!) to lend you, but I bet Stash has it. It's really good!

Then you shoudl check out Band of Brothers, Deadwood, 30 Rock.... There's a bunch of good stuff out there, and what I like about TV on DvD is watching it while you paint. Though I reccomend giving BSG some dedicated time to watch. It's really good!

Not me. I was dedicated and watch the show each friday.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 am

Yea i know that there is a ton of good tv out there. Robotech isnt necessarily that good, but when i was a kid living on the farm it we could pick it up on farmer vision. It was the only morsel of science fiction i could get my hands on, so it will always hold a special place in my shriveled black heart.
As far as the terminator shows, i just really really liked them. I think that it is more realistic than allot of other sci-fi, and i have always liked the idea of a small group of gorilla fighters working against the odds.
To be honest i am not a huge fan of space sci-fi anymore. I was never a trekie, and i cant think of any space movie that has really done it for me in a long time. Well there was space truckers, but i dont think it really applies here. However, if you guys think BSG is worth the watch then i will give er a go.
Oh and yea, band of brothers was epic.

Scott, if you are looking for some tv to watch while you paint, i would highly recommend you check out Breaking Bad. It is black humor that might appeal to you. If anyone has dexter i would really like to check it out.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:24 pm

I Really, really like BSG. I would rate it near as high as Band of Brothers (not quite) but it's a really cool take on the whole robot vs. man thingy.

I bought Dexter season two (Haven't watched it yet) but I just got the first season lent to me by the people at Rogers Video. Dexter dissapointed me with a convulted story near the end of the fdirst season but it's still goo enough to watch. Also it has the best character of all time, Sgt. Doakes. I want to be this man when I grow up. If the Sgt. Doakes character could be in every movie ever made all movies would be better. He would make everything from Star Wars to the Passion of the Christ much better by "Doakesing them up". He's the mad bomb!

Also worth watching, that I have to figure out where my copies are at.

-Rome
-Deadwood (I can get this back from the guy who has it.)
-Clerks Animated
-Aqua teen hunger force
-30 rock

I have all of these somewhere, probably mostly at my brothers place. I will have to sterilize them and then I an lend them to you.

Terminator is much better then I thought it was going to be. I just have to finish the last episode. Much smarter than I thought they could provide, and I am always happy to see the B to the A to the G in anything (Brian Austin Green for the uninitiated!).

I am very interested in checkig out Breakng bad. Any particulars? Is it popular enough for me to pick up at any store in town?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Hmm, you might be in for a let down then with Dexter season 2. I liked season 1 much better... season 2 is spent almost entirely hiding and covering stuff up from the police. Doakes turns up the bat =I=censor=I= craziness in season 2 big time... him and Dexter actually get into a fist fight twice I think.

Californication really pissed me me off if anyone else has watched it. I loved the first 4-5 episodes, and then stuff started to get a bit more serious... *sigh* I dont know if it went back to its original statius after those middle sappy shows, but the beginning ones were great.

On the HBO trail, Flight of the Conchords was probably one of the funniest things Ive seen in a long time. Hmm, except for that one damn french song.. but everything else was good. Season 2 is coming out.

Getting back on the sci-fi train, I really want ot see the whole Battlestar galactica exstravaganza. I should just go out and pick them all up, Im sure Ill like them. Ive heard good things about Stargate Atlantis as well, but Stargate for me ended after the very first movie so Ive had a hard time bringing myself to watch anything more.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum