Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psyboom Mk V and VI -- 1499

2 posters

Go down

Psyboom Mk V and VI -- 1499 Empty Psyboom Mk V and VI -- 1499

Post  Planes Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:20 pm

I've been muddling around with my Psyboom list extensively for the past while, both through theory craft and playtest. Mk V is the iteration that made it to the tourney.

Psyboom Mk V

HQ:
Inquisitor Coteaz. 100 pts

Troops:
Warband -- Psyker x4, Plasma Servitor, Rhino. 100 pts

Warband -- Psyker x4, Plasma Acolyte, Rhino. 94 pts

Fast Attack:
Interceptors x10, Psycannon x2, Mastercrafted Daemon Hammer, Psybolt. 315 pts

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought, TL Auto Cannon x2, Psybolt. 135 pts

Fortification:
Aegis Defense Line. 50 pts

Allied HQ:
Destroyer Lord, Semp Weave, Scarabs. 160 pts

Allied Troops:
Necron Warriors x10. 130 pts

Allied Fast Attack:
Canoptek Wraiths x6, Whip Coils x3. 240 pts

Allied Heavy Support:
Doom Scythe. 175 pts

The Interceptors feel like they have the potential to be quite useful, but when compared to the other jump infantry in the list, their usefulness rather paled. The extra shooting was nice, but it didn't feel like it accomplished much. On the flip side, even in the match where the Wraiths failed to contact the enemy army they did lots be being a big ball of "do not want", allowing me to tie up around three rounds of Tau Shooting almost entirely focused on them. The Psykers are hit and miss, having never misfired or scattered in the pre-tourney playtest, where as two out of three matches in the tourney a squad exploded turn one, yielding first blood one of those times (Plasma Servitor also overheated). That said, when they do connect they muck up marines real good.

I also feel that the Aegis Defense Line did marvelously for me at the tourney. Beyond being a 4+ cover save I can place anywhere, it gave me the capacity to manipulate the board in a way my opponents couldn't. My psyker squads need not worry about Brain Leaf Fronds if I pave paradise and put up a parking lot.

Psyboom Mk VI

HQ:
Inquisitor Coteaz. 100 pts

Troops:

Warband -- Plasma Servitor x3, Jokaero x2, Chimera, Searchlight. 186

Heavy Support:

Fortification:
Aegis Defense Line. 50 pts

Allied HQ:
Destroyer Lord, Semp Weave, Scarabs. 160 pts

Allied Troops:
Necron Warriors x10. 130 pts

Allied Fast Attack:
Canaoptek Wraiths x6, Whip Coils x3. 240 pts

Allied Heavy Support:
Doom Scythe. 175 pts

No longer being on the clock for painting, I am able to get the second Dread back into the list, I'll just have to pick up some plasticard tubing from the Den on Thursday. Also, with the sale and my winnings, I was able to snag a Chimera under the advisement of the other Grey Knight player at the tourney.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Psyboom Mk V and VI -- 1499 Empty Re: Psyboom Mk V and VI -- 1499

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 pm

I think the problem you had (with me anyways) is that you should have used the Interceptors "teleport" much sooner. If you had used it turn one or two it would have forced me to make a choice between them or the wraiths. As it was you waited just a little too long and after the wraiths were gone, you had to concede that side of the board or lose the squad to plasma/melta/railgun/kitten death. Although I will admit I was fairly lucky that you both melted the brains of one psyker squad (turn one no less) and failed enough wraith/destroyer lord saves just in time. It was a good game that with a few different dice rolls could have gone your way.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum