Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats your favorite changes in 6th?

+7
System Commander
Aegwymourn
Planes
Selik
Lore Weaver
Roland
dusktiger
11 posters

Go down

whats your favorite changes in 6th? Empty whats your favorite changes in 6th?

Post  dusktiger Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:15 am

so i figured enough people have had time to read the new book; darren's already sold over 50+ copies to this point, so clearly most of you have one by now.

so, here's the question for this conversation; out of the changes we've seen made to 6th, what are, currently, your favorite changes/tweaks so far?

since im asking, i'll go first; so far, one of my favorite things would be how night fighting works now; roll every top of a turn until you get a 4+, then from then on, its a 3 tiers of shooting that progressively give your target a better cover save as they're further away, with anything past 36" no longer in LOS. and far as i could tell, all 6 missions have this rule. i'd have to re-read the setup pages for each to be sure tho.

my other favorite would be that casualties come off the front of a squad, not the back. so that trick orks love to do of "oh, you killed 5 of my 30 boyz squad? ok, the back 5 drop, the other 25 assault you." doesn't happen anymore. especially since they risk rolling low on the 2D6 charge after a successful overwatch attack and now cant get into assault range. that's more 2 new rules working together than 1, so let's call that 3 new things i like in 6th.

how about you guys? whats your favorite thing(s) now?
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

whats your favorite changes in 6th? Empty Re: whats your favorite changes in 6th?

Post  Roland Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:07 am

Hull Points: The more I look at it, the more I like it.

A close second is the changes to cover/terrain: Cover makes sense, and is easy to remember. I also like the new battlefield debris rules, so your honored imperium peice actually does something.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

whats your favorite changes in 6th? Empty Re: whats your favorite changes in 6th?

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:56 am

Focus fire, snap shots, and if the heavy weapon in a squad doesn't move, he doesn't count as moving.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 am

I like the snap shot rules, and the fact that if your squad moves you can still fire your hvy wps as well.

I also like the new rules for vehicle squads and that an immobilized shot does not kill the vehicle any more. it makes vehicle squads a little tougher.

although I am still reading the book as I just got a copy a week ago.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am

Fliers, Overwatch, Wall of Death.

All the changes to Beasts.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:21 am

overwatch is probably my favorite. they made a way for a unit to shoot at incoming assaults without making it crazy. It is actually a very balanced and "cinematic" rule.

I do like most of the objectives and scenarios. No more Cleanse (3rd edition mission that was horribly unfun).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:41 am

Grenades: Ive always felt kinda sad that I couldnt hit something in the face with a krak grenade.

Psychic Powers: I love that my daemon prince can now scream people to death, much more fun then lashing

Wall of Death: I have always been a big fan of flamers, now they are cooler.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 pm

I like they brought some brand new things into the game while keeping most of the old. Things like fliers really change gge landscape a bit.

Overwatch is pretty cool .. At least giving the defenders a small chance of breaking a charge..

I like the added complexity overall.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:49 pm

the best damn thing to come out of this edition in my mind would have to be the fact that they took out the "No retreat" wounds. Worst possible rule ever considering the only people that rule screwed over at all was us horde guys. Sure it did some damage to the other races as well, but i have yet to see another race have to take 20 wounds at the end of an assult on all their other units in a combat because some termagaunts got squashed.
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:37 pm

New rapid fire rules are awesome

Snapshot and over watch
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I forgot to mention what ive been promoting all along as the best change for 40k ever.. Allies.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm

I like that they reduced close combat to being the red headed step child of options for dealing death in a world of guns, lasers and missiles.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:I like that they reduced close combat to being the red headed step child of options for dealing death in a world of guns, lasers and missiles.

That sounds like you'd like a date with my close-combat 'crons :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Allies : Especially for CSM + Chaos Daemons

No Reatreat!!! Actually this is one thing that REALLY bothered me in 5th. Maybe if you were allowed to take a Ld test no negate the wounds or something. I Lost a number of daemon princes because they assaulted with some lesser daemons that got spanked and he therefore takes 4 extra wounds.

Disgruntled Charge (cant remember what they named it): I can't count the number of times in a game where I heard someone complain that they werent allowed to charge just because they shot some1 else. Also, it makes multi-charging simpler and better I think. If you want to take on 2 units, U can now do it easily, but for a price of losing charge bonuses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:
Rhaevyn wrote:I like that they reduced close combat to being the red headed step child of options for dealing death in a world of guns, lasers and missiles.

That sounds like you'd like a date with my close-combat 'crons :-)

we should do next Wednesday/Thursday Mark. looks like i'll have a new book soon and I'll want a win ( Razz ) in before swapping to whatever crazy OP shenaningans come with the CSM book.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Wednesday? Is the Den open late enough on Wednesday for us to start at 8PM ish? I'd like to get some campaigning in :-)

Edit: We could always play @ my place.

1500 points?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 am

8 would be pushing it for the den, they close @ 9 on wed i believe.

1500 can be done, and we can sure do your place as long as Sara doesn't mind.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 am

Lets say 6:15 PM at the Den? I'm campaigning today and tomorrow so Wednesday would be a good day off for my feeties.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 am

that works. you'll need a break from people complaining about pot holes and taxes by then.
(BTW, i want no pot holes and no taxes... make it so!)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:46 pm

canadin wrote:

Disgruntled Charge (cant remember what they named it): I can't count the number of times in a game where I heard someone complain that they werent allowed to charge just because they shot some1 else. Also, it makes multi-charging simpler and better I think. If you want to take on 2 units, U can now do it easily, but for a price of losing charge bonuses.

Disorded Charge, and I think it makes it a little more difficult to set up a multi charge especially if you roll high. When multi-assaulting you can only go after a secondary charge target if you are unable to reach your primary target.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down