Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1999 point game, wed or thurs

+5
dusktiger
miv305
Rhaevyn
Planes
Lore Weaver
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

1999 point game, wed or thurs - Page 2 Empty Re: 1999 point game, wed or thurs

Post  Planes Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Back to the original intent of this post, if no one else has bitten yet, we could bump my monster hunting session up to tonight.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I could do 6 8 man squads of berserkers... 7 if i mixed in my possessed with thos squsds to fill em out.

I do have 11 squads of daemon troops though.

All being said.. Im feeling alot more optimistic about the 2k game now. Logically though.. Im still with beau though.. I dont know why they didnt just add +1 at 2000 to everything..

But damn.. We have so many choices for armies right now.. I serisouly dont know where to start. I do know that my raptors and dp were awesome in the first game i played.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I think 2000 will be a fun and interesting way to play.

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:13 am

After much putzing around on both sides, victory went to combined Chaos over Necrons. We both got to see some new stuff our armies could do, with the Blood Thirster actually not being all that scary, being gunned down by a Deathmark squad on turn 2. The Slanneshi Demon Prince tried to scream three times, with devastating effect the first time, and being denied like a Witch the second and third. Mysterious Waters actually bogged down the Scarabs for a moment as they went from the smoldering wreck of a turn 2 Dreadnaught kill to go munch a Predator for desert.

My Chariot Barge getting gunned down to hell and gone turn one really hurt, and Chaos having 4 troops one the field, one deep striking, one infiltrating, really made taking objectives difficult, having only two 10 man squads of Immortals myself.

Hammer of Wrath only got invoked once the whole game, even though there were about four times it could have happened. Wound allocation actually went way faster, though my whip coils got ripped out of the Wraith squad super quick because of it. Some question remains in my mind about shooting at a Grounded Flying Monsterous Creature, because by all logic if it is on the ground and I can assault it that turn, I should be able to fire at it at full BS with subsequent shooting.

Vector Strike is a very nice way to swat at fliers, with it's minimum of 2 hits. 4+ hyJinks is a great counter, though.

Challenges never actually came up, due to gratuitous amounts of dakka focused on my characters.

Death Ray is still amazing with it's ability to not only shoot into melee, but to snipe out targets. Dropping the start point on a Khorne Prince's head, and aiming the vector at unengaged troops was quite promising until I rolled 5 on the distance and the Prince made his Invuln. Still, great potential there.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:35 am

If your grounded.. Your not swooping anymore.. So you can fire at your full BS.

Thats what i noticed to.. Its not that hard to ground a flyer. And if i remember the rule even says if a flying suffers any hits he has to make a grounding check.. Doesnt matter if hes wounded or not. Or maybe im remembering the rule wrong.. It only came up once so i dodnt reread it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 am

Yes, if it suffers any hits I has to make a 3+ save or become 'grounded'.

What is says about being grounded:

you take a S9 no armor/cover saves hit
You no longer benefit from 'jink' saves
you can be charged in teh following assault phase.

It however doesn't say that you are no longer swooping and need to be hit on 6's.
This makes me wonder if this is a typo, or if it implies that you are falling for the duration of the shooting phase (So still ahrd to hit) , and will be on the ground soon to be assaulted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:09 am

I would assume the S9/no save hit would be your big guy smacking into the ground at slightly less than terminal velocity, hence, you're on the ground at that point, and hence aren't swooping.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am

It makes sense to me, but it doesn't say so in da rulz.

There should be a line saying grounded FMC's can be shot at normally, Sorry about that Tom.

I guess this brings new meaning to the "Bring it DOWN!!" Order.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:12 am

id be down for a game but can at lest take 4th heavy suport in exchange for only 2 fast atacks
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 am

Oh.. Those rule makers. It does say the mc becomes "grounded" .. Then goes on to describe all the negativesnfor being griunded.. Of course none of those mentioning losing swooping. They certainly intended it.. just forgot to inckude it.

Theres also some debate right now regarding the chaos marine codex daemon prince. It doesnt say he becomes a flying lonstrous ceeature.. He just gets jump to his rules.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:37 pm

I don't see the problem with grounding it multiple times.

It just keeps going, tumbling, and smashing into things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:49 am

offer still stands adem
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:00 pm

I'll play you at 2000 if you want to deploy double FoC, (4 heavy,) or 1999 if you want to do it with allies. I can do wed or thurs this week again. 6pm'ish

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm

wensday any time past noon no allies and no dubble force org unless we run out of inf modles while makeing our lists
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:28 pm

what do you mean by "unless we run out of inf modles while makeing our lists"

Also allies now is standard, Im just asking if u wanna play 1999 or 2000.

As for time, 6pm wednesday sounds good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:27 pm

oh yea 2000 and what i ment by running out of modles is well i sometimes dont have the number of modles needed to fill and the spots on my lists hence why i took my tau as constrips all my guardsmen with lasguns where alredy in my normanl inf squads. And 6 works.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Having talked with a GW rep on the phone, they said "while I cannot speak for the intent of the designers, I would rule it as the creature loosing swooping for the remainder of the phase. Hopefully this will be clarified in a coming FAQ."
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 pm

As far as the CSM DP: It was specifically played as FMC in WD390. I say screw the FAQ
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 am

ok so ive got the idea tio kick sixth off with my army defending its home world KATO (located between Baal and Sable.) The frist army is charged with defeneding kato and other plantes that the blood angals defend. The 2nd army is on its way back to kato for some r&r they have jest been relived from duty by the 3rd army in the damocloes gulf. The 4th army is also on its way homefrom cadia where the cadians had requasted masive renforcemants that only Kato's 4th army could deliver 25 infantey regamenst 25 armord regaments and 25 menchanized regaments a masive 75 regaments under one regametal standered! One of the biggest armies the empier has ever seen in the impereal guard. the 5th army is never off duty ther always being shifted around the galaxy in the masive liberation fleets. The 2nd army is 2 days out from kato, the 4th is one week out, the IMP Navy has jest arived and is alredy holding back the invadeing fleet of _insert_army _here_. The blood angals are one day out and the defenders need them dearly. Will the Katonieons hold ther groud in this frist battle or will they sanp and scater becomeing disorgenized. The Fate of kato starts at her capital building and will become messy once inside if the _army_ name_here_ gets that far.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Daemon Prince Slaan has just discovered some latent telepathic abilities.

As such he has hijacked an army of Chaos Raiders and has decided to go plundering.

Slaan communes with his new friend (a Lord of Change who is thus far reluctant to tell his name to Slaan) and decides that Kato would be a great place to try and demoralize some guardsmen into joining his ranks of mind slaves.

Glory to CHAOS!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 pm

spelling aside, I'm fairly impressed Dom Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:33 pm

spelling my be my down side but my mind is strong
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am

Good Game,

The Imperial Commander Survived by taking a tactical retreat off the board, while Slaan was Executioner by a pair of Leman Russ tanks. But in the end chaos managed to break down all the guardsmen with bolgun and flamer fire, while exploding armor with Lascannons and Melta guns.

I was rather amazed over my last 3 6th ed games how amazing Chaos Chosen are now! They infiltrate with a rhino, making them safe, and with their Icon, they can pinpoint summon Daemon allies on turn 1 (swooping Lord of Change)

@Dom: You played well, but you need to deploy with more purpose. Tanks without guardsmen to support them are easily flanked and destroyed, and command squads need to be centralized to maximize special rules like regimental standards and orders. And Heavy Weapon teams should be in the rear, or garrisoned for protection, not on the front line.

If you ever want another match, I am looking to start play testing my Orks in 6th ed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:40 am

canadin.

Unless your daemon Allies are Terminators, Obliterators or Lesser Daemons (specifically)(csm dex pg81)... i'm pretty sure they cannot use Icons to guide deepstrike. Conversly, Daemons army icons rules just say "friendly models" which would mean your CSM Battle Brothers could be guided in by them.

One hopes that a faq changes this, or it is changed in the coming CSM codex... but for now, as written...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 pm

These issues should hopefully be fixed with the new codex..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next