Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pt Boarding Action list

3 posters

Go down

1500 pt Boarding Action list Empty 1500 pt Boarding Action list

Post  dusktiger Wed May 18, 2011 7:51 am

ok, so for those that havent read IA vol 9 yet, there's a new mission type called Boarding action/ Blood in the Void. if you have army builder and updated to ver 1.20, you'll have the option of making a list for it in there. they just goofed on changing their min troop choice code different for the new FOC.
There's 2 sides, and both get their own FOC.

Attackers need 1-2 HQ, 1-4 Elites, 0-5 Troops, 0-2 Fast, 0-2 Heavy.

Defenders need 1-2 HQ, 0-4 Elites, 1-5 Troops, 0-1 Fast, 0-3 Heavy.

"Forces selected for fighting in a boarding action should be chosen from their codex as normal with the following exceptions:"
No dedicated transport options.
Vehicles except walkers and artillery mounted on no larger than a 60mm base are not allowed.
In a codex space marine army, assault squads without jump packs count as Troops Choices.

So with that, here's my list:

1500 Pts - Red Scorpions Roster - Boarding Mission - Attacker

HQ
Master Apothecary Harath Shen 135 pts
Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour + Storm Shield

Elite
5 Sternguard Veteran Squad + Heavy Flamer x1 + Sergeant Combi-Meltagun x1
5 Terminator Assault Squad + Thunderhammer/Storm Shield x5
5 Terminator Assault Squad + Thunderhammer/Storm Shield x3
Ironclad Dreadnought + Hurricane Bolter, Chain Fist with Meltagun.

Troops
5 Assault Squad + Flamer + Sergeant with Combat Shield

Fast
5 Vanguard Veteran Squad + Plasma Pistol x5 + Power Weapon x5

Heavy
5 Devastator Squad + Heavy Bolter x2 + Plasma Cannon x2

Composition Report:
HQ: 2 (1 - 2)
Elite: 4 (1 - 4)
Troops: 1 (0 - 5)
Fast: 1 (0 - 2)
Heavy: 1 (0 - 2)

This list is catered so i can play it for either Attacker or Defender rather than bringing 2 lists and the models to fit in them both.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1500 pt Boarding Action list Empty Re: 1500 pt Boarding Action list

Post  Roland Wed May 18, 2011 9:18 am

Looks quite nasty, especially in the confined spaces you'll be playing in. BTW, when we get to this mission, we can use my Space Hulk set for the corridors, etc.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed May 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I don't really understand how a devastator squad would be useful in a boarding action. Wait, are you attacking or defending? I guess if you're defending it makes a bit more sense, but is still crazy expensive. I get the terminators, those are solid. How many points is that vanguard veteran squad? 260? For 5 guys in power armour? Wowzers. I'll take another 6 terminators instead please.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 pm

well for one, the devs are only 170. and remember that the rules will randomly make its all weapons str and higher rend. and anything with a blast template will send you flying into space, and causes pinning if it didnt already. also, the list is meant to play either attack or defend so im not carrying 2 lists in case i roll defender instead of attacker. thirdly, the vanguard are tooled as they are because they will be with a master apothecary who gives them feel no pain. FNP + plasma = win. also, including the apothecary, thats 6 plasma shots, and 18 power weapon attacks per turn. you wont be wanting to come against them in melee. also, one of my boarding action strategems is to give them void hardened armor, so they wont be affected by rending. so really, spending 265pts on 5 vanguard who attack at Init 4, and can run, and chase your retreating units and consolidate, is wirth it over another 5 termies who cant run or consolidate, etc. its like honour guard without taking a chapter master
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu May 19, 2011 1:44 am

5 Vanguard + Master Apothecary = 400 points
10 TH/SS Termies = 400 points

Your unit will lose versus a dreadnought, a hive tyrant, or even 30 orks, and these are all far less in cost. These are things you will commonly see in boarding actions. The terminators have the utility to fight all of the above. I won't even mention how these units would fare head-to-head.

Obviously we have very different army building philosophies. You seem to favour small, elite units and I don't. That's cool. I know you have had a lot of success with your list so we can agree to disagree on the Vanguard and the value of 15 point plasma pistols Very Happy
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 19, 2011 7:16 am

this is true, but i also dont own the models to field 10 man terminators. Razz so that option is impossible. besides, this list is for the badab campaign we're starting and everyone playing is bringing space marines and so far, my opponents arent one to normally field dreads.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down