Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go...

+3
Selik
Commander James of the Ul
Roland
7 posters

Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go...

Post  Roland Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 pm

So me, Commander James and Dusktiger got talking tonight while I failed every roll imaginable and got rolled...

I have 10000 pts of Ultras. James has like 5000. I know there are a few more Ultra players here.

And I KNOW there are tons of Nid players.

Would anyone be interested in an Apoc game for Cold Steel Ridge? I admittedly have no idea how to set this up.

"War calls you. Will you answer?"
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty re steel

Post  Commander James of the Ul Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I am totally in but looking at calender it would have to be before may 14th or in later November sometime in order for My Mighty and Glorious Space Marine to be in. If possible I am TOTALLY IN. I LOVE KILLING NIDS

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty Re: Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go...

Post  Selik Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 pm

I would love to get into that. I have about 2000pts give or take 2oo pts of ultra marines.

I would need to know the time and place to try to clear up my schedule for the day.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty Re: Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go...

Post  Roland Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

Here's what I can bring:

Ultramarines
• Captain Sicarius
o Command Squad
• Tigurius
• Cassius
• “Pedris Kantorus”
o Honour Guard (5 men)
• “Shrikus”
• Um “Vulkanis”
• 4 Captain (1 in TDA)
o Command Squad
• 2 Librarians (1 in TDA)
• 2 Chaplains (1 in TDA)
• 10 Tactical Squads (all 10-man)
• 5 Scout Squads (all 5-man) + Telion
• 3 Rhinos
• 1 Razorback
• 2 Terminator Squad (1 6-man, 1 5-man)
• 1 Terminator Assault Squad (5-man)
• 2 Sternguard Squads (1 10-man, 1 6-man)
• 1 Venerable Dreadnaught
• 4 Dreadnaughts
• 2 Assault Squads (all 10-man)
• 2 Vanguard Squads (2 10-man)
• 4 Land Speeders (1 Tornado, 2 Typhoon)
• 1 Bike Squad (8 Bikes + Attack Bike)
• 4 Devastator Squads (3 10-man, 1 5-man)
• 1 Land Raider
• 2 Predators Destructors
• 1 Whirlwind
• 1 Vindicator
• Chronus
Grey Knights
• Brother Captain Stern
• 1 Terminator Squad (10-man)
• 3 Strike Squads (3 10-man)
• 1 Dreadnaught
• 1 Land Raider
Deathwatch
• 1 Captain
• 1 Sternguard Squad (5-man)
• 1 Vanguard Squad (5-man)

Most is built, and would be at least primed blue/steel/black by the time we do this. I get about 12500 pts before formations, etc.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 pm

i have
1 capt
1 librarian in termie armor
1 termie assault squad (7 man)
1 termie squad (6 man)
1 land raider
1 rhino
1 predator (auto cannon hvy bolter sponsons)
2 play as whilwinds(home made launchers on rhino chasis)
3 tac squads (10 men each)
1 scout (5 man close cbt)
1 dev squad (5 man)
1 assault sqaud (5 man)
1 dread
1 ironclad dread

I do have WH as well but I am not gong ot include that here
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty re steel

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 pm

And this is what I would be able to contribute if we ever find any Nid player to battle against.

1 Captain and his honor guard
1 Librarian
1 Terminator assault squad 10 men
1 Terminator squad 10 men
2 Sternguard squads 10 men and 5 men
1 Dreadnought
5 Tactical Squads with transport (4-10 men squads and 1-5 man squad)
1 Scout 5 man squad (snipers)
1 Assault squad 5 guys
3 Landspeeders, 2 assault cannons 1 typhoon missile launchers
1 Devastator squad 10 men (2 las 2 missile)
1 Landraider
1 Crusader
1 Terminus ultra Land Raider (Which always gets targeted first and is ALWAYS DESTROYED BY TURN 2........)
1 Thunderfire Cannon

I re did math on the list and this is only 45 hundred points. But they are all painted and look supper sweet. Know we just have to find some nid players crazy enough to take this on.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 pm

older Ben and randy both have sizable nid collections that i know of. havent played any other nid'ers besides them
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 pm

@ DT: I know Ben the elder's handle, what's Randy's?

@ everyone else:
This is completely off the top of my head, but I think that definately gives us (formation wise)
1 Masters of the Chapter
1 First Company (I gotta put them on a spreadsheet, but I'm pretty sure we're there)
2 Battle Companies (were 10 assault marines short from what I can see, one company has full transport)
1 Armoured Spearhead (5 LR total including a Terminus Ultra)
1 Supression Force (3 Whirlwinds)
1 Predator Assassin Squadron

if we wanted...

1 Grey Knight Redeemer Force

2 more Vindys for a line Breaker squadron
10 Drop Pods would probably let us field a Skyhammer Orbital Strike Force
1 Techmarine would make a massive Ancients Assault Force
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 pm

randy is hivemindruik

if you guys manage to setup this most epic battle, i'll ally my red scorpions with you. you guys are reasonably pure, so i think we can agree to fight with you; your not like those Astral Claws brothers, damn redheaded step-children of The Emperor.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty re battle

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:53 am

Oh I almost forgot I also got a predator auto cannon turret and Lascannon side sponsors. Mint for killen Nid MC. Oh ya.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:59 am

Im not sure if theres enough tyranids in Saskatoon to match that.

Are you hooked on the bug-blasting, or could you have as much fun fighting some of the other races?

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:42 am

@ canadin: more of a narrative thing. Sort of recreating battle of mcragge. Plus given the fact we have enough models for an entire 1st company.... might be cool to have them stuck in vs all the nids, and the remaining UM's represent the 3rd and 7th. Maybe 2 tables?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:53 pm

well i just crunched the numbers and as long as you dont care about wysisyg (one wargear option that can be easily distinguished) i can field roughly 6600 points of nids. perhaps a little more this is just with the models i know for certain i have Razz so if you can convince ben to join let me know a date so i can try and book it off
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:52 pm

so far we're at 17000 of ultras and 4500 of allied red scorpions vs about 10k of nids. any other nid players want in?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Here's what I'm thinking for the Battle.

If point values are drastically different (like they are now) we'll just have the UM side cute points. For instance, right now it'd be along the lines of we all take half.

Tables would be arranged in "I" most likely, so we'd still have room to move models etc. without knocking over any bio-titans on someone's shiny new LR Terminus. On one table we have the UM polar defense fortress. We'll work something out for this, either I can throw my Fortress of Redemption together, or if someone has some Bastions or we can take a look at the terrain at the den. I'm kinda feeling the vibe of a Apocalypse level Planetstrike game if anyone is feeling me.

Our 1st Company would HAVE to be placed. If we get any IG they would to (PDF/Auxillia). Nids would deploy as normal. The remainder of the UM forces (including any allied SM, such as the Red Scorpions) would be part of the relief forces from orbit (historically, the 3rd and 7th companies). I'll have to take a look at stratagems and what not, but I feel like they shouldn't come in "normally". Having a SM company drop in on the 2nd turn just kinda ruins the whole idea.

I'm looking at trying to run this either toward the end of this month, or the end of May (possibly the Sunday after the 1500 pt tourney?) Are there days that are particularly good/bad for ppl? James, I know you've got some deadlines for playing and I'll try to make sure we're playing on those.

Please keep in mind here, I've never played an Apoc game, much less organized one, so bear with me. Any help would be appreciated. Thx all
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:50 pm

if wee needed IG i could bring prb 4-5k as well as my marines

I in know I will prob be unavail for the weekend of the 14 of may the weekends after that would be good.

I hope that there can be more bugs to come for us to fight
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't think we're going to bring in any IG unless we get a lot more Nids. Although I'd love to get some involved.

At this point after rereading everything, I think we are looking at the following dates:

Sometime over the Good Friday weekend. I think this may be hard, because ppl are going to have family obligations.

The weekend of Apr 30/May 1st. I have to check b/c my inlaws are flying out early on the 30th, and I think my wife may cut me if I play 40K all day.

I know I'm not free after that until the weekend of May 21st or after (I have family coming in from the States). I think this pretty much means unless we can get this together for Good Friday or Great Saturday, we're playing without either myself or James, which will knock between 5-10K off.

Good Friday the Den will be open 12-5 (or should be, as it's a holiday). Are they open normal hours next Saturday, or holiday hrs? I think we can rule out Easter Sunday.

What's everyone think? We shoot for Friday/Saturday the 22nd/23rd? Past that I think we are looking at something in late May or June.

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 am

FYI.. There is a 16 Person Flames of War tourney on Saturday Apr 23. There probably wont be room for a game this size that day.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:51 am

friday works better for me as im working saturday. since its apoc, i might just have my red scorpions bring formations or just vehicles, rather than troop choices, just to help narrow down the point costs.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:33 am

I'm stopping by the Den today to make sure nothing else is scheduled for Good Friday, and that taking up the back room won't be an issue.

To anyone who has played an Apoc game: is six hrs enough time for 10K a side to play a decent game?

UM side... we need to cut some points. I'll PM you guys with something along the lines of what I'm thinking (roughly 50 Termi's and Sternguard, one battle company w/ transport, and support, most likely the armoured spearhead/ predator assassin squadron/ suppression forces.

Nid side, if you can make a list of what you're bringing so we have a better idea of how close we are on points. Right now I'm getting about 9K between the two of you?

I'll have an update posted up tonight.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:13 pm

if we all have yahoo or msn accounts so we can set this all up online roughly the same time, my address is dusktiger85@yahoo.ca or we can bbm too, my pin's 3224ff58
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Stopped by the Den. Nothing scheduled Friday except for Board Games night, so if we run long we may get kicked off some of the tables. I'm planning on starting as soon as the store opens (noon). Is this an issue for anyone?

As an aside, does anyone have the Apoc pieplates? Might need those....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I REALLY hate to burst the bubble on this one, but at that pointage, I don't think there will be enough time to play. It's good to plan the entire day around an apoc game. It will take an hour just to set up, then a good while to clean up at the end.

I would suggest playing on a day that the Den is open late. I'd hate for people only to be in the middle of the game when things are getting really epic only to have to start packing up. Also, I will still be back in PA on that day and won't be able to play with my nids Razz
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Ok not an issue. We'll just have to reschedule. When it was looking like it was going to come down to next weekend, I was really worried it was too short notice.

Anyways, the next I'd be able to do something like this would be after mid-May (Most likely the weekend after the next tourney, which is what May 27th?). I know that will pretty much take James out, which will actually even up the points quite a bit.

The main issue I think I am going to have (obviously) is scheduling. I work M-F until 4. The only time I'd be able to set aside a full day for this would be weekends and holidays. As the Den closes at 6 on weekends and holidays (although from what I was told today, they are open til midnight on Good Friday), there's no way I make it unless we were to set aside a Saturday or something. That brings up the issue of tournaments (40K and others), and the good folks who work on weekends.

I guess we'll try and reserve a date later in the summer. Maybe May long weekend?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel Ridge/Not sure where this would go... Empty RE COLD STEEL

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Wow i just got booted out wow. LOL No thats no problem. You guys have the list of what I got so If you need some specialty item I can drop them off at the den. I have to go into toon town at least once a week to pick up parts. (Or at least Seeding or i just not manage to brake things). Any how if this does go PLEASE take pics I would really like to see how this turns out.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down