Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player in Saskatoon

4 posters

Go down

New player in Saskatoon Empty New player in Saskatoon

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi everyone. I'm just getting in to 40k and am in the process of building a small Nid force... any advice or opinions would be welcome.

Back to top Go down

New player in Saskatoon Empty Re: New player in Saskatoon

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Welcome :-)

Skip playing Mike Voth, he's a cheese master! *laughs*

People generally schedule games in the "Table Booking" or "Thunderdome" threads. I might be able to play a fun game with you on Sunday, but I need to check with my wife and the campaign I'm volunteering for (silly politics Razz )

Thanks,

Mark
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Yes welcome. Tell us a little about yourself. Do you play any other games? Have any other armies? How old are you? I'm the resident old man, and I've been playing 40K for about 23 years Smile
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Welcome to da jungle.

You'll find there are lots of veterans more than willing to get you going, and more than enough newbs to play as well (such as myself).

If you are looking for a good start, the tournament in May is a good start, you'll get plenty of games in if nothing else.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 am

Welcome to the saskatoon 40k community, as mentioned above, there are specific forums for game bookings
People generally schedule games in the "Table Booking" or "Thunderdome"

As for thoughts on Tyranids.... fill you army with genestealers, more genestealers, some brood lords, maybe a tyranid prime, and a lictor or two, and some more genestealers

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 am

Heya, welcome to the club. What's your name?

As for the nids.. I would highly recommend playing some smaller points games first to get the hang of the rules and how the Nid army plays in general. From there you'll be able to better gauge if you want to go with big swams if guants, masses of giants dudes, a focus on elite units like genestealers.. or a mix of everything.

There are some good resources out there for Nid players.. I unfortuantely don't know any of them.. but a few of the nid players aorund here might be able to point you in the right direction.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:49 pm

My name is Ray. I'm 40 and I've been gaming since I was 13 or so. I've been interested in 40k for years but never had the time/cash. Right now I'm painting a 500pt force to start with: Tryant, warriors and hormagaunts just to get a feel for things. My son Alex wants to help with the modeling aspect so I doubt I'll have a force done up til after the Easter break.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 am

Hey no rush.. enjoy it! I still the remember the very first few 40k models I bought and painted... I have them sitting on the shelf and love picking them up from time to time for nostalgia sakes..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 am

LOL

"The Kid" found a 2nd edition plastic gretchin in an old desk. Brought back nightmares of painting gretchin. On a brighter note, I found a 2nd edition Ork Runtherd, which is AWESOME. I've got a new plastic arm for him and he's going to make it onto the battle field with some cover saves... errr... I mean Grots.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:LOL

"The Kid" found a 2nd edition plastic gretchin in an old desk. Brought back nightmares of painting gretchin. On a brighter note, I found a 2nd edition Ork Runtherd, which is AWESOME. I've got a new plastic arm for him and he's going to make it onto the battle field with some cover saves... errr... I mean Grots.

My kid thinks the ripper swarms are waaay cool. I'm already intimidated by the small detail level there is and I'm thinking he's gonna want a lot of rippers(and hell the Parasite is too cool to do without) so... practice, practice, practice, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum