Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games Day north America!

+2
System Commander
ice
6 posters

Go down

Games Day north America! Empty Games Day north America!

Post  ice Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Hey guys,
there's some new pictures from GD NA flying around out there. And some of the stuff looks awesome!
New I.A Book
Games Day north America! Badab-001

Blackheart
Games Day north America! Badab-002

Librarian with Honour guard
Games Day north America! Badab-006

I got these pictures from Belloflostsouls. There should be more out there!
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Games Day north America! Empty Re: Games Day north America!

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:38 pm

That is an awesome Huron mini.. I really dislike the current one.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Is that huron supposed to be before his fall to chaos?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:33 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Is that huron supposed to be before his fall to chaos?

The book is for the Badab war. So this fig is probably when Huron went renegade and left the Imperium. So, right at the beginning/before his fall. My guess.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37 pm

makes sense.. weird that they are making models for events and armies that are no longer current under the fluff... especially when taken with all the old armor varients that FW has been producing, wonder what is going on. I kind of thought that the pre-heresy craze had ended shortly after the popularity of the horus heresy books began to wane. Perhaps they have some big plans for the series coming up

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 pm

I dont think any of the old armkor style will go out of style.. I bet these new space marine go crazy. The Horus Heresy books are still going strong! There was a small dely in Horus books though since Abnett got sick and Prospero burns got delayed. THey opriginally wanted to release Thousand Sons and Prospero together... but his book is still coming out I believe in December. In the meantime, we've got an assassin book coming out rugght away if not out already, Nemisis, and then there's The First Heretic coming in Nov. I havent ready THousands sons though, but Ive heard good stuff about it.

The Badab book will have some rules for him, but for me, I know I'd love to collect say an Astral Claws army then be able to have the option of going chaos or Space marine. That mini already looks great, I cant wait to see a better close up.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Yea, im not trashing the forge world marine armor variants in any way. I love the old style armor, and would love to do an army based on all pre heresy gear. Just surprised that they are doing it. I have fallen off the 40k novel train. Too busy trying to get caught up on all the classics. Every time i finish one, someone else gives me another list of required reading. That reminds me, i need to get a copy of I am Legend... or is that movie based off of a story of a different name?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Nope, thats the name of the story, I am Legend... by Richard Matheson. Its definitely confusing though since the first movie made based on it was called Last Man On Earth and the second was Omega Man. I have a copy of it here.

It's actually a pretty short story.. I think I have it in a collection of a bunch of his short stories.

I actually just realized I completely missed the second Dark Angels book to.. so Im a few behind as well. Ever since I stopped taking the bus my reading has completely disspeared.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 pm

I would ask that you lend it to me, but im going to see if i can find it in audio format. I have really been enjoying the audio books. I find that i can do other stuff while i listen, so in the last month or so i have gone through the stand, a scanner darkly, and the first dresden files book. I think that is the last king book i will ever read. I enjoyed it, but then to follow it up with scanner made me realize that it really wasnt as good as i first gave it credit for. Dresden files was also a better book, though not as dark or mature as i might have liked. I wonder how those warhammer 40k audio books are. I have seen them at the den and been tempted.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:11 am

LexMechanic wrote: so in the last month or so i have gone through the stand, a scanner darkly, and the first dresden files book.

I must be a freak then, when I found the Dresden Files I read the first 4 in 3 days over a weekend . But good choice of authors. You do realize that you will also have to read his Codex Alera series so thats only 17 more books to catch up on. Oh yeah he also did a Spiderman book (not comic).
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:23 am

Codex alera.... 17 books?? Im going to try and forget that you told me about them Sad

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:57 am

Nah it's 12 for Dresden Files and only 6 for Codex Alera
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:44 am

... i diddnt know there were 12 of them.
Are they really that good, or is there just allot of hype because they released it as a RPG? I had heard them mentioned prior to the RPG, but that is what made me finally look them up.
Anyone have any advice on Asimov? I started to get into his collection, but the first story was pretty dated. I have read The Last Question, are there any others that are a must read?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 am

LexMechanic wrote:... i diddnt know there were 12 of them.
Are they really that good, or is there just allot of hype because they released it as a RPG? I had heard them mentioned prior to the RPG, but that is what made me finally look them up.
Anyone have any advice on Asimov? I started to get into his collection, but the first story was pretty dated. I have read The Last Question, are there any others that are a must read?

aaaaannnnnndddd THREADJACK!! Sweet news and rumours Cam! Razz Laughing
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 am

Lets continue the book discussion here.. https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com/general-discussion-f1/book-discussion-from-other-thread-t1792.htm#15712

.. and keep the Games Day discussion going here.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Finally, vindication! That small squad squad of pre-badab war astral claws gets some sweet big bro's! Thank you forgeworld, for rocking my effing socks.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down