SWEET

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SWEET

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Just heard an awesome kick ass story on the telly. The Canadian armed Forces are getting F-35 Lighting stealth fighter. And Yes the bloody Liberal are threatening to snow ball it ( like they did to the SeaKings replacement) if they get into power. But hopefully things go smoothly and the AWESOME new kick ass fighters will be delivered sometime 2016. Can't wait to see the CF-35s. Blast it to hell with my 2.5 million farm I'm going to become a fighter pilot...lol Surprised

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! YOUR FARM IS WORTH 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS! AWESOME!!!




























ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2008-03-20
Age : 40
Location : Saskatoon Represent!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:00 pm

I think that's been the plan for a couple decades, the Hornet's are getting old. Canada's been in on the development of the F-35 ("Joint Strike Fighter"), which is a stripped down version of the F-22 Raptor, because the Raptor is too awesome for the US to share with the rest of the world (and Canada's to cheap anyways). Then again, Canada's not 13 trillion in debt...


Commander James of the Ul wrote:Just heard an awesome kick ass story on the telly. The Canadian armed Forces are getting F-35 Lighting stealth fighter. And Yes the bloody Liberal are threatening to snow ball it ( like they did to the SeaKings replacement) if they get into power. But hopefully things go smoothly and the AWESOME new kick ass fighters will be delivered sometime 2016. Can't wait to see the CF-35s. Blast it to hell with my 2.5 million farm I'm going to become a fighter pilot...lol Surprised

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re sweet

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:53 pm

epengr wrote:I think that's been the plan for a couple decades, the Hornet's are getting old. Canada's been in on the development of the F-35 ("Joint Strike Fighter"), which is a stripped down version of the F-22 Raptor, because the Raptor is too awesome for the US to share with the rest of the world (and Canada's to cheap anyways). Then again, Canada's not 13 trillion in debt...


Commander James of the Ul wrote:Just heard an awesome kick ass story on the telly. The Canadian armed Forces are getting F-35 Lighting stealth fighter. And Yes the bloody Liberal are threatening to snow ball it ( like they did to the SeaKings replacement) if they get into power. But hopefully things go smoothly and the AWESOME new kick ass fighters will be delivered sometime 2016. Can't wait to see the CF-35s. Blast it to hell with my 2.5 million farm I'm going to become a fighter pilot...lol Surprised

The F-22 Raptor is an awesome Interceptor / Fighter. That is pretty much its combat role. The F-35 can hover over a target for hours and it also has a larger weapons payload and more weapons variants. And it can also be an intercepter/fighter. But its .2 mach slower then the CF-18 Blast it any way. If the Lib ever get into power and snow ball this I'm going to be pissed. Canada is the ONLY G-8 nation that has fighter aircraft OLDER then 25 years. Plus it would cost another 18 BILLION just to get them into the next 20 years. For the same amount Canada can get 65 F-35 Lighting. And they are STEALTH (radar and infa red) Plus if you now some thing the F-35 might be getting an upgrade... something you've never seen before... Oh and we already only have 75 CF-18s. And hey the CF-18s can replace the tutors for the SnowBirds.

And yes when a new tractor cost between 3 to 1 hundred grand its easy to have an operation over 2.5. Plus just between my yard dads and the feed yard there are over mill in equaty. Farming costs big bloody coin.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  smackman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I prefer chocolate coins, the bloody ones seem untrustworthy.

smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Posts : 754
Join date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Paz on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Sweet, now we can take fathers away from children and annihilate life like the other military powers, but better! Rolling Eyes

Paz
Lord of Titan

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Ummm, is that a passivist on a wargame forum?!?

No judgement. Really. Just a observation. Smile



Paz wrote:Sweet, now we can take fathers away from children and annihilate life like the other military powers, but better! Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:12 pm

By hover do you mean hover hover, or circle? Thre is a STOVL version of the F-35, but I doubt that Canada would spring for it, unless you know otherwise... I always did love the Harrier.

Horents would make SWEET snowbirds, I don't think they've made spare parts for those tutors for 30 years, and they MUST be running out of planes to canabalize.

"something you've never seen before..." ??? Like what? What've you heard? I'm outta the loop (I've never been in a loop). Or do you mean crappy sparrow missiles on sweet modern fighters?

-David




Commander James of the Ul wrote:

The F-22 Raptor is an awesome Interceptor / Fighter. That is pretty much its combat role. The F-35 can hover over a target for hours and it also has a larger weapons payload and more weapons variants. And it can also be an intercepter/fighter. But its .2 mach slower then the CF-18 Blast it any way. If the Lib ever get into power and snow ball this I'm going to be pissed. Canada is the ONLY G-8 nation that has fighter aircraft OLDER then 25 years. Plus it would cost another 18 BILLION just to get them into the next 20 years. For the same amount Canada can get 65 F-35 Lighting. And they are STEALTH (radar and infa red) Plus if you now some thing the F-35 might be getting an upgrade... something you've never seen before... Oh and we already only have 75 CF-18s. And hey the CF-18s can replace the tutors for the SnowBirds.

And yes when a new tractor cost between 3 to 1 hundred grand its easy to have an operation over 2.5. Plus just between my yard dads and the feed yard there are over mill in equaty. Farming costs big bloody coin.


Last edited by epengr on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Paz on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Sweet, now Canada can stealthily take parents away from families, end life and generally murder from the skies. I'm so excited, I almost want one, then I can kill people.



...Wait, what? Rolling Eyes

Paz
Lord of Titan

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Wow, shockingly I agree with paz. =.=;

What exactly is the point of this aircraft? War with china? War with... um... *Headscratches.*

If they're going to pour public funds down a drain into the military money hole instead of directing it towards things like education, health care and so forth, I'd rather they at least spend it on fancy things like ballistic plate for our soldiers. You know, something that will see use in the next... ever.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:25 pm

I may not be the best person to argue this point, but I'll give it a go...

The point of military aircraft is not to go to war, heck the point of Canada'a military is not to go to war - it's not big enough. Our forces are heavily involved in peace keeping and relief work around the world, which is another debate (probably several) that I'm not going to touch. Our fighters are rarely deployed even to these duties, as far as I know.

What our fighters are used for is to defend and police our airspace and coasts. A quick glance at a map should make it clear to even those with as little geographical knowledge as me that we have a LOT of airspace and coastline.

Yes, if a large nation with an agressive military decided invade us, 65 fighters scattered across our huge country would make litte difference (assuming all 65 were operational, and they never will be all operational at the same time).

BUT, if some wingnut radical gets their hands on an old russian TU-95 bear bomber or a container ship and loads it with uranium or anthrax and tried to drive it into one of our cities and blow it up, ONE F-35 will stop them.

During 9-11 most of our F-18's were in the air intercepting and escorting down airliners just in case there was one more hijacked aircraft, targeted at us.

Pirates are real. The only thing stopping them from taking vessels in our national water is the fact that we have the ability to project force and responde to such hostile acts.

I could go on, but I won't.

The final point I will make is that these new aircraft are not a luxury, the are required to replace aging aircraft that will soon cost more to maintain than to replace. Spending on large military assests like this is always a source of debate (as it should be), but not spending the money when the numbers clearly show we should only costs more in the long run (al a replacing the Sea Kings in the early 90's).



Just my $0.02. (If that).



Caros wrote:

What exactly is the point of this aircraft? War with china? War with... um... *Headscratches.*



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Canada needs a military. We've got rescources and a population worth defending if need be. That's gonna take more than a bunch of students waiving around signs at a protest.

More than that I find it staggering that you guys seem to question the need for a Canadian military presence. Most of us don't have to go very far back in our family tree to find family that had to leave someplace that got real crappy and decided to come to Canada. Our military are the good guys. We help out where something needs to be done. Sometimes that involves violence and death but the goal is to help make parts of the world safer. Calling that "murder from the skies" is insulting and ridiculous.

Cops carry guns for a reason. I don't see any real difference in arming our nation for the same reasons.

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2008-03-20
Age : 40
Location : Saskatoon Represent!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  smackman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

I hope the F-35 have a little speaker in them that goes "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" when they fire a missile.

smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Posts : 754
Join date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re Sweet

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:02 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Canada needs a military. We've got rescources and a population worth defending if need be. That's gonna take more than a bunch of students waiving around signs at a protest.

More than that I find it staggering that you guys seem to question the need for a Canadian military presence. Most of us don't have to go very far back in our family tree to find family that had to leave someplace that got real crappy and decided to come to Canada. Our military are the good guys. We help out where something needs to be done. Sometimes that involves violence and death but the goal is to help make parts of the world safer. Calling that "murder from the skies" is insulting and ridiculous.

Cops carry guns for a reason. I don't see any real difference in arming our nation for the same reasons.

Scott totally agree with ya. Do you really the Americans or the Russian would respect our northern sovereignty if we said hey you stop. No they would laugh and walk all over us. Yes sad BUT true. Then you could argue that the yank could patrol the borders, why just we all become amercano. Sorry I don't think so. If I do remember around dec 15 or something there was a couple Russian bombers that were heading towards the northern border, and the CF-18 had to race to meet them. What kinda signal would that send if we let them fly all over your country... hmmm interesting
These fighters are needed, not to go to war, but to protect and patrol the borders. To be blind to the FACT that every one in the world is sunshine and lolly pop and no one would ever do any thing stupid is ridicules. Remeber Rawanda, the west stud by and did nothing. To let that happen AGAIN would be shame full.

Yes some things are spelt wrong but I've been working 14 hr days all week end so I could get some hay up, so if you have a problem with it go F_ck yourself... lol Very Happy

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  System Commander on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Umm, geez dudes. Lets keep the real world problems away from the game forum. Sure, theres a time and a place, but theres enough crap on the news everyday that I dont want to have to read about it while patrolling the game sites.

Open discussion is just fine, but when it comes to the military and canada's involvement in conflicts, your going to find different opinions everywhere.. yeah, I know its about buying some fighters, but still, its already gone there.

Smiley face or not, you cant tell pre-emptively tell the whole board to go F themselves either.

System Commander
System Commander

Posts : 4691
Join date : 2008-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 am

Paz wrote:Sweet, now we can take fathers away from children and annihilate life like the other military powers, but better! Rolling Eyes

QFT This money could be spent on much better things.


And holy crap you have a 2.5 million dollar farm.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Terran on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:18 am

When a new combine (or tractor, or w/e) can run close to a quarter million buckarinos (or more, much more), a 2.5 million dollar farm is not that out of reach...

I don't know why we need stealth fighters to patrol our borders against smugglers and other riff-raff. In my mind, buying equipment on that level for the purpose they are intending it for is more than a little bit of over-kill.

But whatever. How the military decides to spend the money allotted to it is up to them.

And I have no idea what QFT means.

Good night.

Terran
Assassin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re Sweet

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 am

Oh come on "SC" they were smiley faces tho. Pretty yellow smiley faces... the one that show love brother... lol...
No Blast it your kinda right tho. I was just so excited about the announcement. In political circles there were mumblings about this for about 2 year almost. And when your high on coffee and pepsi and running on no sleep..... it happens SORRY battle bro's and sis's. I deeply regret some actions I have made in the past.. But you can't diss tho's happy smiley faces Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 am

Quoted for truth, as I understand it anyways. Lousy kids.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Veyure on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 pm

being in the military i see a reason for an upgrade on equipment. I've talked to many a veteran of our military this summer as i've been trucking along basic training and from what i can understand is that canada has the best fighting force of all the allied nations. sure we have much less numbers and old equipment but we are still the most successful. I see the military for what it is. i'm taking officer training, for those that didn't know, and killing people is not what we are all about. In fact many people in the military, including the vets, have a hard time even talking about the deaths they caused. The idea of new equipment, better equipment is to keep our own people safer by removing the faults of older outdated stuff. Killing others more efficiently is not the main purpose, though a side effect it may be.

Veyure
Inquisitor

Posts : 699
Join date : 2008-03-19
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Veyure on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:39 pm

I almost forgot to mention, the money you pay in taxes that is allocated to the military doesn't necessarily go to buying new equipment either, the payroll is one of the larger expenses of that budget, so promote the military budget so i can get paid more!!! cheers

Veyure
Inquisitor

Posts : 699
Join date : 2008-03-19
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re Sweet

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Veyure wrote:I almost forgot to mention, the money you pay in taxes that is allocated to the military doesn't necessarily go to buying new equipment either, the payroll is one of the larger expenses of that budget, so promote the military budget so i can get paid more!!! cheers

lol nice man. Ya just did some math to 9 billion is the price to buy, them works out to around 139 million per jet plus another 138 million to for a 20 yr maintenance contract. Yes to some that is a LOT of money. But how many know the cost of just a simple fuselage with wings and two engines. I doubt it would be under a mill. And another 138 for a 20 yr maintenance contract. Well here is a simple example of maintenance costs from high torque equipment. Every year it cost me 10 to 11 grand, A YEAR just to get my combine in the shop and fixed and ready to role for next season. Times that by 20 years and the dealer still makes coin on me.... After 200 hrs I could just imagine the job that would be on a F-35 But a jet is still faster then a boat lol

And Veyure your takeing officer training awesome good job man Very Happy And your coment about the best train often rings true, American HATE training with the Canadian Armed Forces for a reason... lol

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SWEET

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:35 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum