Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FREAKING GW

5 posters

Go down

FREAKING GW Empty FREAKING GW

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

So thier prices are going up?
and also, i always check the news updates, wtf its all ffreaking LOTR!!! im a fan of lotr but i would rather read fantasy wh or wh40k, i dont want to read about lotr.

maybe its just me, maybe it was me playing warhammer online and every retarded kid was picking the elf archer and naming him legolas or some form of that name

Back to top Go down

FREAKING GW Empty Re: FREAKING GW

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 4:43 pm

its cuz 40k doesnt have a movie yet.

After "Ultramarine" comes out you are going to see warriors everywhere in heavy armor sporting the names outa that movie

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Well, seeing as how the new "War of the ring" supplement ( legendary formations or something, basically apoc units for wotr) JUST came out, I'm hardly surprised they are harping it all up on the site. WotR has arguably reinvigorated a stalling LOTR SBG, plus excitement for the new films in 2 years should help. I've played LOTR SBG for some time, love it, and WOTR seems super cool, and has been fairly popular apparently.

Remember, 40k players are not the only ppl GW makes money off of.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon May 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Warhammer 8th is supposed to borrow heavily from the WotR rules. I love the rules for the game but haven't played WotR. I am looking forward to Warhammer 8th though.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Tue May 11, 2010 2:03 am

well unless "borrows heavily" means "rips off completely" fantasy players are at a loss, I picked up the WOTR rule book today and... wow... 6th edition 40k better borrow some of these rules, like the turn sequence alone is just utterly amazing, completely different kind of game.

I'm definitely starting a WOTR army this summer... cool figs, cooler universe and lots of lore etc... my only complaint is that the figs can't compete with warhammer/40k figs... which is upsetting, however I'm going to build myself a 750pts army, paint it, learn to play and then make a 2000pts army based on some play time, at the moment it's purely a painting project, once my 40k orcs have a solid 2000pts painted and I get my mordheim warband painted this is my next hobby project. I'm so =I=censor=I= excited about WOTR, hopefully someone else will pick it up so I can play some games by the end of summer.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 am

count me in Tom! i have a crap ton of Urak-Hai that are just sitting around waiting to be used!
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 am

I could go for building a WotR army. Not to try and poach people... but we build a War of the Ring sub forum on the Ravening Hordes page. Hasn't seen much action in a year though!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Tue May 11, 2010 6:51 pm

haha damn you rob, I'm building Uruk-hai aswell lol. At least we got team evil covered.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 10:25 pm

if you want an opponent and know where I can get a copy of the rules, then it just so happens that I inherited a set of the fellowship of the ring to play "good guys"

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue May 11, 2010 11:37 pm

I'll have to blow off the metric tonnage of Lotr models I own, and finally start my haradrim dream army, but I'm in tom.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 pm

i kow i guy i can buy tuff off of, i will start rohan

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Tue May 11, 2010 11:58 pm

We can be Team Jade Falcaon! I have lots of the source books too, if you want to have a look at them.
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 am

Well the rules are all found in a book at dragons den.

Haha Paz yeah, I'm actually on the fence now between a extremely caster heavy Angmar Witch King army, an exclusively Uruk-hai Isenguard army or a Knights of Dol Amroth. Honestly I bought the rulebook to make an Isenguard army but with rob wanting to play Uruk-hai, I'm thinking Angmar looks extremely bad ass, plus the chance to have the witch king as a winged nazgul is awesome... however I really like the look of the Dol Amroth Knights and the Guards of the Fountain Court look like they'd be a ton of fun to paint.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed May 12, 2010 12:23 am

honestly I'm not overly interested in the skirmish game (LOTR Strategy Battle Game or whatever) War of the Ring has it all, it's the full rule book for the game, it has every armies rules included, decent modeling/painting hobby stuff in it and a TON of custom scenarios and a good number of standard scenarios and all the movie battle scenes and stuff from the hobbit too. Honestly the War of the Ring book is one of the best things I've picked up from GW, I don't think it'd be possible for warhammer/40k to include all codex's etc in the main rulebook and I'm not saying they should do that, but it is very satisfying to be able to look at the entire game all in one place.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 am

I've heard nothin' but good stuff about WotR. I've got all the fixings for a Dwarf Army, Minas Tirith army, a Mordor Army and the Isengard Uruk Hai stuff as well. I have plenty of others stuff too. If people do decide to go for it I can hook up a ton of people with stuff.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

Man, that settles it. I finished the project I was working on so I am gonna take a break from some of the other stuff I am supposed to do and paint up a WotR mini or two. I haven't painted for the tabletop in a couple years now! It's gonna feel awesome!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am

I love the haradrim sculpts, some of the best eastern non-cheesy looking figs out right now. I also want a frakkload of Morgul black numenorean knights. I'm a huge Tolkien mythos fan, and WOTR feels like a chance to re-enact all those super cool battles from the Silmarillion ( such as The siege of Gondolin and the Nírnaeth Arnoediad, or battle of unnumbered tears)
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Wed May 12, 2010 11:39 am

They actually counted the tears. There were 15. No more, no less. Wink
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down