Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAAAHHHH THAT HURT

Go down

AAAAHHHH THAT HURT Empty AAAAHHHH THAT HURT

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 am

I remember a thread a little while ago where Paz was complaining about a simple 1 degree burn on his finger. Yesterday after working on my air drill a very small piece of metal flow into my eye as I was pounding in a big ass pin. Yes I still have my eye and ever eye doc I saw yesterday reminded me of how lucky I am. I NOW HAVE 2 STITCHES IN MY EYE... beat that Paz lol in total in my life time I now have had over 120 stitches... (121)
Good new I get a week off. Lots of I G to build
Bad new - Busy time of year lots of work to do. Looking for hired hand

Pay 13 an hour. Work sometimes easy sometime long. Sometime lots of phyical work most times sitting in an tractor. Perks 100 dollar fuel card per month. Full Cpp and EI benifits Lots and lots of beef, you want just open the freezer and take it ( Just leave the T-bone). And If you get hurt on the Job we take care of it.

But the good news about yesterday is that I finally can get started on that Leman Russ Executioner. OOO HHH YA

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

AAAAHHHH THAT HURT Empty Re: AAAAHHHH THAT HURT

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:54 am

Woah,!

Damn lucky you didn't lose an eye; (well still unlucky to have the incident altogether)

from paintballing I know a good number of guys that got unlucky and can only see out of one right now. Also, I know one guy who got a Flash Bang grenade in the face during war games and is now greyscale colour blind, and a nother guy who lost his right eye in a snowmobile accident.

--Suffice to say, Its good that you were able to have it fixes

---And about the job; right now Im totally unemployed, and 13$/hour sounds good. So Im very interested

Where exactly is the job?
What hours?
What exactly is the job?

Back to top Go down

AAAAHHHH THAT HURT Empty RE aaahhhh that hurtd

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks canadin for the interest the Job is in Humboldt, hours 8-16 a day. Ya those are the hours ( welcome to my world). And you must have experience with cattle, otherwise you'll just get hurt. And Canadin this is a Very phyically demanding job. I've seen you and you don't want this job. lol

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Ive done a lot of construction before, but never worked with animals, and would have no way of getting to Humboldt, so I guess I remain un-employed

Anyways, I hope you recover well

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm

A few months back got second degree burns on my hand because of hot tea water I spilled on it.

I was working at tim hortons at the time... but about the job.

I've tried my hand at contracting, I put up a roof on a modular home in sutherland and suffice to say, I could've done better. Razz I don't think I'd fare well with cattle either.

13 bucks an hour would be really nice though. ;( lol

Back to top Go down

AAAAHHHH THAT HURT Empty Re aaahhhhh that hurts

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 am

Well Cattle aren't that bad until they get spooked Then they turn in to 1400 pounds of pissoffteron lol As long as you are nice to them they can stay fairly comm. But they are very very stupid.
On the other note I got the tank and its in the middle of construct. This thing is bloody easy to build

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:46 am

got a question for ya, do you wear safety glasses when you use your air drill? because i believe its worth it if this happened.

Also, when we were at the ranges last, i had to be the range coach for the C6 machine gun (7,62mm size rounds) anyways i had a bunch of shells go down my neck and under my frag vest, had to get a friend to put cream on my burns for a week from the empty shells

Back to top Go down

AAAAHHHH THAT HURT Empty air drill

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Johnny 5 wrote:got a question for ya, do you wear safety glasses when you use your air drill? because i believe its worth it if this happened.

Also, when we were at the ranges last, i had to be the range coach for the C6 machine gun (7,62mm size rounds) anyways i had a bunch of shells go down my neck and under my frag vest, had to get a friend to put cream on my burns for a week from the empty shells

An Air Drill in farm terms is a cultivator that has "special" shanks that blow air down them. The air that is blowing down the shanks is also caring seeds and fert of some sorts. And when I'm in the cab of the tractor NO i don't wear safety glasses. But now when I do any bloody thing outside I will wear safety glasses.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:36 pm

just get some oakley safety ones, We are issued ballistic safety glasses but all of us are opting for the oakley ones, super comfy and they can stop the pellets from a shotgun blast.

The ones i have came with clear, smoke, yellow and i got some orange lenses. love the orange, especially when we go out on the ranges

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum