Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thundfire Cannon

+3
System Commander
smackman
Commander James of the Ul
7 posters

Go down

Thundfire Cannon Empty Thundfire Cannon

Post  Commander James of the Ul Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Am I the only one that thinks the look of the new thunderfire Cannon for the Space Marines look incredibly stupid. Even today the Canadian Armed Naval Forces have fitted cannons that can fire several different rounds at an incredibly rate of fire. That same cannon can also ark its fire so that it can fire 3 to 5 shot and all the shells will impact the target at the same time. And it only has ONE barrel. So why the hell does the Thunder fire cannon has four gays ass looking cannon barrels. Its looks like it belongs in the ork army. Sorry to orkys' but it does. The idea of a cannon for the space marines is something I have been thinking of for some time. And when they finally came out with one, with a heavy 4, and different amo I thought finally what does it look like. My 16 month old daughter could have thought of some thing better looking.

But I have thought of some thing different. I have begun to us a barrel of an auto cannon off a Predator. And the back end of a auto cannon off an Imperial Guard team to make something better looking. No not four Barrels. I just need to think of a chase for this. I have lots of parts off sm and ig tanks. So I'll think of something. I'll post pics when I'm done. Oh and yes I won't change the tech marine, well maybe alittle... We'll see. later

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Thundfire Cannon Empty Re: Thundfire Cannon

Post  smackman Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:50 am

well see the thunder fire cannon operates on the same principal as the Canadian forces one, except that when you're in space it's so hard to get new parts so they build the cannon with 4 barrels for redundancy.... haha took the wind right out of your inflationist barrel palooza....

I'm excited to see what you make tho as the thunderfire cannon is a terrible model.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:53 am

Conversions are always great, I also look forward to seeing it.

That being said, Ive never though the thunderfire cannon was ugly at all.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 am

I agree with Robyn. As a former owner of the new model, I think its sweet. The design is actually a throwback to the Thudd-gun of 2nd ed. I do believe. Much like all marine architecture and design, its boxy and ridiculous (the Thunderhawk is a giant brick for frakk sakes). Never try to apply real world logical military reasoning and design to 40k, the two do not mix.

That being said, a conversion is always a cool idea. As long as it doesn't look IG, it should be good.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Thundfire Cannon Empty reality

Post  Commander James of the Ul Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:24 am

Yes putting the thunderfire cannon together is interesting. This model should really be plastic. All armies always carry lots of part. Its like driving a car with out a spare tire. Even my operation keeps 50 big one worth of parts for my equipment on hand. The parts thing wouldn't stand. What I was tiring to say is it design just doesn't stand up. Even look at the track. The shocks go from the wheel (which is already attracted to the frame) up to another set or tred guides. Depending on which of the main wheels drive the thing it would de tred its self in five minutes or less. Again they should have put alittle more thought in to its design. And make the model steel was not well thought out. It would have been a fun model if it was plastic

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 am

But.. its the year 40,000.. they have invented anti-detreading treads. See, its easy to justify everything in 40K, you could even do it with a flint lock.

Ive always advocated for the dont compare 40k to real life model, if you do, things break down very fast.. especially when Great Unclean Ones are involved.. although I will say I'm positive I saw one downtown last week asking for change.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:52 am

"Do yoouuu have a cigareeetteee?" -the lady in the moo-moo who looks like a crazed beached whale. When I worked downtown, I would watch her out the Window, accosting poor families for cigs.= great unclean one.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 am

Yeah, check the reality comparisons at the door. Seriously after 40,000 years the best soldiers in the universe carry glorified chainsaws and special punching gloves. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to look cool. Which I think that cannon does.

I think an Assault Cannon would run out of Ammo in aprox. 1.2 seconds of firing. And I am still not sure how someone can miss with a laser.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Thundfire Cannon Empty Un what

Post  Commander James of the Ul Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm from a small town. What the heck is an "Great unclean one" lol ...

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Commander James of the Ul wrote:I'm from a small town. What the heck is an "Great unclean one" lol ...

Check Scott's avatar, it's an exact photo. Smile
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Thats exactly the lady I was tlaking about Paz. I saw everyday for a year, and every day for a year she asked me for a cigarette. She doesn't anymore, not becasue I did anything mean, but becasue it took a fricking year to realize I dont smoke....

... the she threw a nurgling at me.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 pm

I hate to tell you Robyn but that wasn't a nurgling....
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Thundfire Cannon Empty proto type

Post  Commander James of the Ul Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey I found a proto type cannon I made a couple years ago out of some scrap parts. and thats what I'm going to make a little better. HOW THE HELL do ya post pics

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Thundfire Cannon Empty Thunderfire Cannon ooh yaa

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 am

Well in between 12 hour work days 6 days a week and family life I have the Cannon assembled and mostly painted. Yes I put a predators auto cannon on this verus's the four barrel thing. I'm tempted to put some side Armour on the tracks but then it would just be a tank. hhmmm. I should have this at the den on Wednesday And later when it is done I'll post pic on it.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down