Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plasticard

3 posters

Go down

plasticard Empty plasticard

Post  judchic Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

where can you get it in saskatoon?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

plasticard Empty Re: plasticard

Post  Guardian Angel Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Hobbyworld....sheets and tubes and other goodies.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Dragon's Den also sells it, it's on the X (or plus sign) shaped rotational thing near the front counter where some basing materials and templates are located. It's by Gale Force Nine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm

=And is super overpriced by gale force nine. Buying it uncut and unpackaged from hobbyworld will save you quite a bit (not saying don't buy from Darren, but that its crazy to buy plasticard anywhere else).
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Paz wrote:And is super overpriced by gale force nine. Buying it uncut and unpackaged from hobbyworld will save you quite a bit (not saying don't buy from Darren, but that its crazy to buy plasticard anywhere else).
I figured as such, similarily buying tools from DD is a bad idea... I agree it's not his fault, just the whole brand name stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah. i buy almost everything from the den, except for brushes and plasticard. Those two you can't shirk on, you need good brushes, and I don't plan on spending a lot for plastic tubing. But paint, models, knives, clippers, books etc, are all well priced at the den.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Knives aren't, or at least the knife I bought wasn't =/

Hobbyworld is also great for blades, you get like 5-6 per package for $1.95. I've yet to see cheaper blades anywhere (even on the 'net)

Where do you get brushes? I'm having a hard time deciding what kind of brushes I like - I have Vallejo, Games Workshop, those pink/dark red ones at the den on top of the Citadel paints, and some generic dollarstore brand nylon ones (for really rough and quick work)

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

I find the hobbyworld ones blunt faster, and are less sharp. Brushes are all about quality. I'm a fine arts major, so I get all my brushes from colours on 2nd ave. i usually get cheaper white bristle synthetic brushes, windsor and newton the best.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Paz wrote:I find the hobbyworld ones blunt faster, and are less sharp.
I find they're really sharp, and as for dulling... they've dulled as fast as any other blade I've had before.

Brushes are all about quality. I'm a fine arts major
That would contribute to why your painting is so damn good. Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Well HC, I guess we are gunna hafta agree to disagree on the Knife question, yes/no?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum