Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STO

4 posters

Go down

STO Empty STO

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 am

Well, I've been playing the Open Beta of Star Trek Online for the last... wow has it been that long? *heh*.. uh, lets just say few hours.

Anyways, I'm enjoying it and just thought I'd share with you, in case there's any other closet trekkies around.

The character creation is awesome (As usual for Cryptic), but not AS awesome as I was hoping (Though my sights were set pretty damn high, so that's forgivable), the space combat is pretty sweet so far, the ground combat is about average for a MMO, and the game just LOOKS good.

It genuinely gives me the star trek feel. Granted this is only after about 8 hours of play, but So Far So Good.

Back to top Go down

STO Empty Re: STO

Post  Paz Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 am

Trekkies + MMO = kids showing up dead in basements from to much trek.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:57 am

Ya....I started playing last night as well. I have only played a tiny little bit as I had to download it and about 20 minutes into playing....they killed the server for a patch. I played a bit more later on.....and I think I am done the tutorial.

Overall....I like it. As previously reported, Space combat is fun and ground is interesting. I am still figuring things out....but overall, impressed so far.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:47 pm

pfffft a post making a joke about how long you've been playing something is tarnished by the fact that it was made at midnight, even if you've been up playing it since friday we'll never know, gotta show some true dedication by posting at an unreasonable hour for people to be awake... 9am, had that post been at 9am I might have had to congradulate you in person, however, 0003 just leaves me with a salty taste in my mouth and no memory of how I got it... bottom line, man up, you're supposed to be a gamer.

Also note, GODDAMNIT I knew as soon as I quit smoking something heavily addictive would crop up to replace it... might as well go buy a pack now.... expansion pack ... haha awwwe... sad.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Paz wrote:Trekkies + MMO = kids showing up dead in basements from to much trek.
bahahaha, excellent.

WoW was my last MMO, too much of a time whore =/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Well in my defense, I was only offline long enough to post that before logging back on till 7. Only went to bed cuz my Roomie whom I was playing with (not like that you pervs!!) had to log. Though in retrospect that's a good thing, since I have a Control match in an hour. Smile

to reiterate, great game.
If anybody's online, friend me; Varboy@Jemalpriscus, captain of the USS Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Cool, I 'd give er a while but MMO's are just off my plate now. My decade of playing Ultima online then Wow was more than enough for in this lifetime..

.. until of course 40k comes out.. Im hoping it sucks bad enough to make me not want to play it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:46 pm

System Commander wrote:
.. until of course 40k comes out.. Im hoping it sucks bad enough to make me not want to play it.
If it's anything like current MMOs, that's a granted =/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum