Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forge World Order

+9
judchic
HiveMindRuik
littlehurc
ice
Administratum
smackman
Paz
System Commander
Guardian Angel
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forge World Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Forge World Order

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:25 am

Hmm, I wont speak for Ryan, but this is getting big really fast. I dont know what were up to yet, but with the bio-titan were over $1000 easily.

If things go smooth, it shouldn't be a problem. When I get some time later today Ill compile everything into a list for you Ryan unless youve done it already.

Thanks for the duty point Scott. The last order I got I didn't get charged duty on, but youve got way more experience in ordering than me.

How do you want to handle the duty Ryan, up front with 10% like Scott said, or wait to see what it shakes out to be? Whatever you think is best we'll go with.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am

If you avoided it Robyn then that's a first I've ever even heard of it. I pay on everything from the UK. It'd be great if they let it slide, but I would hate to see the dude buying get hosed. If he can float it then I'd do a wait and see approach.

None of you are going to be pleased anyway. GDUK is this weekend and they usually sell out of all there good stuff, and they take forever to re-stock. I'm guessing it'll be a while before some of you get your stuff.

How's that for uplifting!

Last order I got from them I got the mounted Commissar for the DKoK (Awesome!) some odds and ends as well as the Imperial pilot. All still really great stuff, but I paid about 12% duty. It seems to go up and down at the whims of who knows what.

I even got a buddy to buy stuff from the FW open house and ship it to me. He declared the full value on the package and I still paiud duty. For a while I thought it was because I was getting it shipped to my work address, and maybe they thougth I was re-selling it or something, but the last couple orders have come to the house.

With eBay stuff it seems it's about 50/50. It depends if they put scale models, game pieces, or something else whether I pay or not.

I should ask around and see what the classifications are for getting rocked on duty from UK to Canada.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:53 am

Well, you've convinced me that I may not of even know if I got charged duty.. maybe I did.. ?

Uggggh. GDUK. Great.. on top of that.. Ryan will probably be getting a shipment a wee for the next two months as they ship stuff as its restocked.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Forge World Order - Page 2 Empty order size...

Post  jhare Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:13 am

Hi,

Can forge world break the order into smaller pieces for shipping? I've found with ebay stuff that if its less then about $300 there often isn't a lot of problems. Also if he uses the regular post rather then a curior or express it doesn't seem to get dinged as often. Just my experience with camera gear from the states and EU. Given the size the order is getting to, can it be split so some stuff comes sooner then the other stuff that comes later? Thought I'd ask in any case.

Thanks

James
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:38 am

Well, they will end up braking it up into separate containers. As well, wespecially with an order this big.. they'll ship everything they have in stock first. Then, as the items are restocked, they'll fill the back orders and ship as they restock stuff. SO, you can end up getting like 8 shipments in 8 weeks.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 am

Come to think of it, most of the stuff I got charged duty on was through UPS, which is what they use for priority shipping (the free stuff you guys will be getting).

I would love to order some FW stuff, but I put the clamps on ANY new mini spending till after Christmas. I seriously have a mini buying problem, and I have to stop. Now that I don't really paint armies and just sort of do one fig of whatever at a time I paint maybe 5-6 models a month. If I didn't buy anything now I could paint for 10-15 years easy without having to pace myself at all. it's gotten retarded. Lot's of good stuff too like the 70mm Marvel stuff, Space Hulk etc.

But if I was buying I would be all over some more DKoK Commissars and some of their other smaller mini's. The work on the reg infantry stuff is just as impressive as the larger scale demons. I also have to repaint a GUO in the future as well.

Sigh... the lament of the impulse buyer...

Good luck everyone. You guys should have a forge world themed painting contest when the order lands to push everyone to paint their stuff. Pair everyone who enters up and the losers/DNF'ers have to buy the winners a beer and a plate of wings at Salonika? Best painted of the bunch get's some extra control points or something?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:18 am

This order is getting very large and there are a lot of people involved. I am going to have to cut off any more orders after tomorrow night. I will be at the Den tomorrow night (I will be there by 5pm) accepting cash (I will try to have some change on hand, but try to bring the correct amount rounded up to the next full dollar. PLEASE NOTE: If I do not get the $$$ by tomorrow night, I will not be placing your order....sorry guys, I cannot carry anyone.

For an exchange rate, please assume 1 $Cdn = 0.573 GBP. This is the current exchange rate that Google listed. Depending on how the dollar goes, this may change a bit by the time I place the order. If it flucuates a bunch, I may either request a bit more or give you back some cash at the end.

As for the duty, I should be able to "wait and see". Once we know the charge for the duty, I will divide it up based on what you ordered. I will then let everyone know what they owe once I have the items. Until I receive the $$$ to pay any duty charges, I will keep your items.

Robyn,

I was going to compile a list of everyone involved, what they want, what they owe me, and if they have paid or not. If you could compile a list as well, it would be greatly appreciated so that we can compare notes and make sure no one is missed.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Sounds good, Ill definitely do that.

I like Scott's idea as well, there's enough FW stuff floating around we could definitely have a FW paint off. I tried the counter competition again.. and only me and Tom entered it.. ugh. League points might be a good incentive.

Hey Scott, have you got any offer for painting up a Space Hulk set or have though about painting on up to sell? I can imagine there being alot of people out there who want it painted, but with it being a board game will probably put it at the back of the list so they can focus on army stuff.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:11 pm

System Commander wrote:Sounds good, Ill definitely do that.

I like Scott's idea as well, there's enough FW stuff floating around we could definitely have a FW paint off. I tried the counter competition again.. and only me and Tom entered it.. ugh. League points might be a good incentive.

Hey Scott, have you got any offer for painting up a Space Hulk set or have though about painting on up to sell? I can imagine there being alot of people out there who want it painted, but with it being a board game will probably put it at the back of the list so they can focus on army stuff.

I turned it down. TOO much work in that boxed set. About 40 figs I think? I'm able to get about 35$ a fig now on commission (if it sounds like a lot, it's not. About 10 hours a fig.) so I could never really get what I would want to paint a set like that anyway. I'm jacking my rates up soon anyway. I try to not really do too many army style projects, and I've done one or two units fo 10 each and even that gets to be a chore.

The counter idea is still a good one! Don't give up on it! I was going to enter. I had counters on 40mm bases planned that said things like "Stupid oponnent- 2 feet ahead" and stuff like that.

I'd like to participate in a FW paint challenge. I need to find an excuse to paint up one of those figs!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Well i am going to regret it if I dont pick this up now.

SHAS'O R'MYR'S BATTLESUIT
Ref: IA-TAU-D-004

21.55 gbp, about 38 canadian.
I will bring the money to the Den tomorrow

Thanks Smile
Matt
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Ryan, I've finally found what I am looking for!
IA-GUA-T-098
Malcador heavy tank.

Come out too $120Can or 68.5 GBP I'll be at the den tomorrow afternoon around 4 with your dollas.
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Well I had better get in on this as well
Word Bearer Rhino doors
IA-CSM-A-003

Ultramarine Land Raider doors
IA-ISM-A-006

19.6 gbp total, so $35 canadian i think. Ill have it for you tonight Ryan
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 am

So did the order get ordered all right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 pm

So... Is it ordered?

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

It was all ordered last week.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:37 pm

Ok good. I figured, just wanted to be sure. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Ryan hasn't been able to get on the site since the weekend.. he cant logon to it from work for some reason, and his home comp did something weird I believe.

It all got ordered fine though. and hopefully pieces of it will be trickling into the country this week. I know the one time Scott made an order he got the full things 2 days later.. !!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Well.... I got a LOT of my order two days later. Then some a week later. Then some a month later. Then I had to eYell my brains out to get the last of my order about 4 months later.

But I did get 75% of my stuff PDQ.

The timing of this order is really bad. GDUK apparently always cleans them out. Even of the mundande stuff as by the end of the day people will literally buy ANYTHING.

Apparently some dude was buying a couple titans thinking of putting them as a duel in the open category next year. Yowzers! I dunno if it was a joke or not.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2