Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Stats

3 posters

Go down

Infinity Stats Empty Infinity Stats

Post  GingerBalls Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Interesting read about the stats from 2014 and 2015 ITS. Looks like the number of players is still growing in leaps and bounds but also looks like sectorial use is down across the board (aside from steel phalanx) which reflects my own play. Are sectorials (and link teams) on the way out in terms of competitive play?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Infinity Stats Empty Re: Infinity Stats

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I think the data is inconclusive since ITS doesn't record what missions were played (as far as I know). A number of users pointed out that this will probably have a huge impact on what types of armies people bring.

For example Biotechvore is reviled by a great many people. However it would give a huge advantage to sectorials since moving out of the deployment zone is easier with their links. By not selecting it vanilla factions might be over inflated.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Maybe but a co ordinated order is a good use of a command token on biotechvore. It may have to do more with people collecting models. (Especially if the influx of people are new players and are simply collecting models they like (i know for one i wanted to do a military orders army but after looking at it a bit i realized i could just get the models i want and put them in a generic pano list until i have more of a collection going.) Long story short, no sectorials will not disappear and if anything i think we will see a large resurgence of sectorial armies especially once human sphere N3 hits.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:38 pm

The downside to that is you are spending at least two command tokens to just move 8 guys and I'm not sure it even gets all of them out of the zone? I cannot remember if it is 4 or 6 inches? Meanwhile in a secotrial I have my five man link that takes two orders to move out. Then I have the rest of the order pool to move critical guys up and command tokens to put bunches of my models in suppression fire along with my link making your life hell trying to get out.

That is an example of just one mission. The choice of missions greatly impacts what lists are brought.

I think we'll see a huge change with how HSN3 impacts links. There are a fair number of people that are upset with how the long skill negatively impacted links. Which also might have shifted a number of people back to vanilla.

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down