Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeblade

2 posters

Go down

Freeblade Empty Freeblade

Post  Planes Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 pm

So the game Freeblade is finally out for iOS. In it you get to play as a freshly minted imperial knight, and it seems fun enough (though would be a lot easier to play on an iPad than an iPhone). Here's the thing, though: right after the first "mission" you get recovered to a battle barge and get to see your glorious knight in . . . basic plastic grey? Then they give you the option to paint your knight with citadel line paints, and then apply transfers to it. I mean, how more on-brand can you get?

I'll have to play it some more to see if the game is any good, but already I can see the microtransactions lining up (namely, to get more than the 10 or so basic paints they give you at the beginning, just to start with). They did a real good job with the 40k aesthetic, though, so at least it has that going for it.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Freeblade Empty Re: Freeblade

Post  Paz Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:32 pm

I've played it a lot, its pretty darn fun. You dont have to pay, like all microtransaction games, but a bit helps. It should only be played on a tablet tho, game is gorgeous but relies on a mechanic that requires screen space.

The Gf got into it really hardcore tho, I think it's great that its a gateway game for 40k lore and shit, she's actually interested in 40k stuff! Came up to me the other day, was like "why don't you have a helldrake, they seem so good". Razz

Collecting paints and cool faceplates and shizz is fun, and the story ain't bad (tho mowing down khorne berserkers with a heavy stubber stretches the imagination a bit) but ramming your chainsword through a heldrake as it tries to drag you down is the best.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed the stubber bit!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum