Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~

3 posters

Go down

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ Empty ~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~

Post  Paz Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 am

Well! Finally, some infinity.

me and Ian have been working on getting infinity started up in saskatoon for quite some time, and recently we placed our first order! We've played a couple tester games, at lower points, but last night, we decided to jumpin both feet first, and do a 300 pt (large for infinity) game.

Battlefield:

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 089_zps0317233f

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 090_zpsf2b69886

The armies!!

I am playing the Combined, an army of multiple races, bent to the will of the mighty EI overlord.
EI (evolved intelligence) aspects are walking war platforms, and have a pile of cool gribbly abilities. Created by the ur rationalists, these guys are packing heat. I choose the assassin variant for this battle, the Anathematic!! This massive beast has Thermo-optic camo, monofilament blades (think force weapon for 40k, insta-gib guys) and a plasma rifel in his wrists!

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 091_zps46951b3a

I also took some othere ur tech, such as a batroid and an imetron (an ei "comstation" basically)

Ian took his nasty nasty ALEPH, let by the horrendously terrifying T.A.G. (a mech), the Marut. this chick is gross. A multispectral visor to see through smoke, a multi-hmg, a huge friggin sword, oh yeah, and she's a huge mech!

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 092_zpsc16a806f

He also was using eudoros (a tubby myrmidon officer), a hacker, a couple of mainline aleph troopers (thorakitai) and a gross agema marksman.

WARNING; being our first big game, we made a lot of mistakes, so please, bare with us. First big mistake? The Agema was supposed to have a missile launcher, not a heavy rocket launcher, which ended up being a pretty major game changer as you will soon see Razz

Onwards!

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 093_zps25f58bbf

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 094_zpsf5640079

Ian sets up his troops in cover, and begins moving down the field! Nothing really happens first turn, except the marut gets a bead on one of my gwailo troopers (he decides discretion is the better part of valor and rolls for cover, and the heavy calibur shots harmlessly ricochet by).

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 095_zps04395bd0

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 096_zpsa648c344

my batroid books it up my left flank, looking to cause some problems. He ends up causing little to nothing sadly Sad

My malignos hacker, in full TO:camo, speeds up a side alley, looking to place some mines, making sure I dont get flanked in return! Another gwailo looks on.

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 097_zpse5e33103

My anathematic in TO:camo, and my Aswuang in camo, roll up the middle...

NOW... This is where having played 40k for the last 9 years, is detrimental to good tactics. This was a silly idea. I should have been sneaky with these units, but, thanks to "new fig syndrome" i wanted my shiny new big boy to run up the center and murder everything! silly me...

turn ends with me sniping a thorakitai off a rooftop with my Sogorat with HMG (this guy is a tank, but a big fire magnet!)

THEN... IAN REVEALS HIS NEW TACTIC..

SMMMMOOKKKEEEEEE and MSV2!!!

This is gross. Basically, thanks to it's multi-spectral visor (and my severe lack of any visors) the Marut can run down the field while smoke is chucked at her feet, hiding in the no-visibility zones of the smoke, and having full Line of Fire to all my guys, while the combined sit there staring at the huge walls of smoke and the huge bullets flying out accurately directly at their faces...

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 099_zpsc5388848

As my boys batten down the hatches and try and stay away from the "mecha in the mist" my anathematic sees pray by the stairs at the foot of the huge stacks.

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 100_zps4b6a1e82

My malignos drops off a antipersonnel at the end of the back alley, and swings around to harass the back of the aleph lines.

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 101_zps7b93a736

Funny Aleph turn begins.

The myrmidon hacker and eurodos start tossing mad grenades, and it must have been windy that day, as you can see, nothing was hitting anywhere near the marut...

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 102_zps65c50670

The naughty agema marksmen realizes that the top of the stairs to the large stacks are smoked, runs up, shimmies to the edge for a perfect shot on my TO:camo boys... (the agema has msv l3 as well!)

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 103_zpsb8879466

What happens next is a bloodbath...

The agema, being in smoke, and being able to see the TO:camo units clear as day, lines a heavy rocket at the aswuang(remember, we thought this was the right weapon at the time, a missile would have a totally different effect), the shot scatters and hits both markers with fire damage! Fire damage destroys camo, revealing both my assassins!
The blast nukes the aswuang, but just manages to piss off the Anathematic. In its ARO (automatic-reaction-order) the anath plasma blasts the now-revealed agema right in his stupid face!

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 104_zpsec98074d

Aaannnnd then things went seriously south for the combined...

I stupidly decided to try a To:camo combat hack on the myrmidon, if I could just kill her, nomore smoke! Now, any sane person would have popped out of camo, blasted her with a multi-rifle, and peaced before the marut could turn around! But no, I had to get close and try and hack her.

So...

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 105_zps7bc85c6e

Dead malignos....

At this point I needed to kill something bad. The anathematic was my favorite weapon of choice this game (much to my chagrin later) so I sent it and its huge claws after a lonely thorakitai trooper defending Ian's left flank by the stairs.

2 orders and 4 CC combats later...

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 106_zps7101a911

pretty messy stuff, this mono-filament blade tech.

I then lost all sanity and ramboed my anathematic back around the corner, and through a thin strip of un-smoked air, and assaulted the Marut. While in theory a good idea (monofilament can autokill the marut, ignoring armor, wounds, special rules etc, TAG killer for sure) i spent every single remaining order that turn doing absolutely ...nothing

and then:

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 107_zpsd78c3e17

by by anathematic. The marut gets pissed at the pony-tailed robot chicken, and slices it to bits with her AP weapon.

At this point I knew I was in trouble, and then the marut blew away my Sogorat, and I was done.

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ 108_zps78b7fae5

Really fun game! We spent a lot of time looking up rules, and arguing interpretations, but it was very intense and tactical.

We played 2 other games after, at 150 pts.

smarting from aleph's smoke shenanigans, I whipped out the Combined trump card: The Sepsitor attack.

The Septsitor is a weaponized techno-virus, I can release it within my Aspect platform's ZoC (zone of control, an 8 inch area around the fig) and take over any model that has a cube (a memory recording device, used by pretty much everyone) and gain full control of that model, FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.

Needless to say, I took over a lot of models, and Ian wont let his nice fancy myrmidons close to my EI aspects pretty much ever again on my active turn Razz

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ Empty Re: ~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~

Post  dusktiger Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 am

that looks pretty sweet man; the added "cgi" was awesome too. did you use a stylus pad to do that? looked a little too clean to be by mouse.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~ Empty Re: ~Battle for the stacks! 1st Infinity Batrep!!~

Post  Paz Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

I do a fair bit of digital art, so I have a intuos Wacom tablet. And a little photoshop experience and voila!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I don't know terribly much about this game, but I very much enjoyed the enhanced graphics and the stylized labeling text. If I'm not mistaken, is this the same scale as 40k at 28mm?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:18 pm

yea tom, the models are in 28mm as well (those are 25mm bases, and the TAG robot uses a 40? mm base i believe. only difference is unlike 40k, everything is true-scale on the model, not hero-scale, so arms, heads, etc are scaled like real life.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down