Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoff Games

+2
System Commander
Timbo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Playoff Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Games

Post  Mr Anderson Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:12 am

Tyson and I will be having our playoff game this Wednesday. We were going to have it this Saturday but when we got there we found out that there was a Fantasy tournament happening and there were zero tables. We got to see Ben though, he was playing his Skaven. ^^;
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 am

Mr Anderson wrote:Tyson and I will be having our playoff game this Wednesday. We were going to have it this Saturday but when we got there we found out that there was a Fantasy tournament happening and there were zero tables. We got to see Ben though, he was playing his Skaven. ^^;

lizered men chris lizered men

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 am

Well, after a must watched battle.. (I think there was like 10 people watching at some point.. so much pressure!) Tyson came through with a strong victory.

The game started out looking pretty good for me. 5 Objectives and I had 6 troops opposed to Tysons 4. I also won first player, so got to put Tyson into a corner without any buildings and got my units sitting in 3 objectives pretty much from the start.

After the first turn started though, things started to go downhill. The Landraider took a couple Rail rifles with no cover saves (I didnt realize new marker lights could do that!). After two penetrating hits, I was able to ignore one thanks to my control point.. but still blew up with the second one. Daemon prince #1 also died to some shooting pretty quick. This was going to be way different than my dice stacked game against Stash.

After that, It was just mopping up with the big ugly unit of Crisis suits. I was able to launch a massive assault against suits and get them to break, however the .. umm, blow up crisis suit dude prevented me from from sweeping and consolidating, so after the regroup, they were able to blow the rest of the guys up that were hanging around.

There was still one pivotal moment late in the game, where those crisis suits assaulted those 4 daemons in cover and took 3 wounds. In return, I took 3 wounds. I just needed to make one 5+ save, or even better.. all three to force a leadership check onto those suits. No go though last night, and they all bit it.

Thanks for the game Tyson, it was definitely fun. I only managed to get one kill point off you, but with the deployment it was a tight game up until the 5th turn. I did manage to put a wound on every single crisis suit through before the game ended.. and I think Farsight had 3 wounds on him as well.. soooo close!

My strategy was basic with the game. I was really counting on getting my troops choices onto objectives... then using the Princes, Berserkers and Lesser Daemons for distraction.. hopefully keeping him away from my objectives. Things were going to plan, but my units weren't able to hold off long enough against the shooting last night. I really needed a few more armor saves to come through, especially for the Daemon Princes.. but Im sure I used up all my playoffs luck against Stash this time around.

Good luck in the finals kids!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 pm

It was a very fun game, and you had me sweating pretty heavily at more than one point. And to be fair, you scored 2 kill points. 1 For the firewarriors your Khorne Berserkers butchered and one for the single crisis suit squad you melta gunned in the spine while he was running from the berserkers. All in all, an excellent match though and I'm glad I finally had a chance to play you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Alrighty, the old league is now officially over. I managed to pull off one of the closest wins I've ever gotten playing 40k.

We ended up rolling a dawn of war capture and control mission with 3 objectives, with a search and seisure for a secondary objective. I ended up wining the dice roll and deciding to go first. I deployed my Farsight squad and 1 firewarrior squad deployed on the second story of a building. Joe deployed 2 transports, 1 razerback, and 1 rhino. hidden behind buildings where I couldn't shoot them. The troops from the razerback were combat squaded so that half were in the transport and half were guarding an objective.

On the first turn I did some minor repositioning but had no shooting targets. I moved my broadsides onto the board into cover and my crisis commander paired with 2 markerlight drones behind Farsight's squad. He ended up deploying 1 squad of 5 terminaters, and turboboosted a bike squad in front of them to get cover. He deployed a single melta equipped bike on the other side, and moved his other vehicles on the board including a turboboosting landspeeder, 2 vindicaters, and 1 more rhino. He fired at Farsight with the terminaters, and attempted to shoot the firewarriors in the building with the razerback but failed due to nightfighting on the first turn.

On the second turn, Farsight attacked the bikes ineffectually, wrecked the landspeeder and killed 3 terminaters. The broadsides attempted to kill the bike on the other side of the board but failed to get past it's 3+ cover save. 2 firewarrior squads entered the board, one at my far left side in order to scout out a piece of terrain for the secondary objective, which I decided to hold off on in order to prevent it from going to Joe's side. The other firewarrior moved into cover just out of range of the objective near the broadsides. Joe fired his Razerback's bolters at the firewarriors in the buidling which failed every save and began running towards the board edge. The single biker on that side moved behind that building to prevent me from firing at it next turn and fired at Farsight with its melta. On the other side of the field the second squad of terminaters landed, Farsight was fired on by both vindicaters, both squads of terminaters, the jetbikes and the bolters of one of the rhinos causing very heavy drone losses (I couldn't make that 4+ invulnerable save at all Razz ). Then he assaulted Farsight with the bikes, which resulted in a draw.

On the third turn, I managed to drop my single fusion gun equipped crisis suit in front of one of the vindicaters, and moved the last squad of firewarriors onto the obard into a building. The running firewarriors regrouped and moved to the other side of the wall of the building they were fleeing to get a firing arc on the hiding jetbike... uneffectually. The single crisis suit was unable to hit the vindicater he landed near, so the broadsides wrecked it. Farsight killed the bikes in the assault phase. On Joe's turn, he fired at my crisis commander with his single bike, killing a drone, and fired the razerback at the firewarriors near the objective killing 1 of them . He then once again fired his vindicater, the terminaters and the other rhino at Farsight. He disembarked his other rhino and had his space marines and the rhino fire on the single crisis suit, but failed to wound it. Then on the assault phase he assaulted and killed the crisis suit with the marines and assaulted Farsight with both his terminaters. Much to our surprise, his terminaters actually lost the assault, killing most of the remaining drones but failing to keep up to the the wounds inflicted back that resulted in the death of 4 of his terminaters.

Turn four the broadsides killed the hiding jetbike that had crept forward last turn just enough to be seen through a hole in the wall. then on the assault phase Farsight killed 3 more terminaters leaving only the attached HQ character in the assault. On his turn he tried moving the vindicater into the far left piece of terrain in order to check it and move the only possible terrain pieces left to his side of the board, however his vindicater failed the terrain test and became immobilized just outside the terrain. His marines finished killing the crisis suit and came out to the center to take the objective there. His razerback moved out from behind the building it was near and popped smoke. In the assault phase, Farsight killed the HQ unit and escaped the combat.

Farsight moved to attack the Vindicater and the marines contesting the middle objective on the start of turn 5, but failed to finish either one off. He instead moved to contest Joe's back objective. The broadsides attempted to kill the razerback, but with the glancing hits effect from the smoke only managed to stun it. I then moved the firewarriors hiding in the building in attempt to contest the middle objective but failed to reach it. Joe moved his Rhino still equipped with a marine squad to assault Farsight, as well as moving the 5 man squad protecting the objective in as well. He killed a couple crisis suits and the last shield drone in the shooting phase with all three marine squads firing their heavy weapons at them (the bolters were fired as well but didn't kill anything), as well as the vindicater and the rhino tossing some shots in.. In the assault phase however, Farsight managed to win the assault again, only losing 1 more crisis suit and forcing the marines to test, which they did not fail. At this point we both had 1 objective and nobody had found the secondary.

We rolled a 3 to continue the game for a 6th turn. The broadsides exploded the razerback spilling the marines inside of it into a crater. Farsight continued hacking up the space marines and won the assault again, losing another suit in the process. Joe's turn he fired his one rhino at the group of firewarriors camping my last unexplored terrain piece on my far left side, and killed one. He fired at the firewarriors in the middle with his vindicater and killed 2 of them. He then made his difficult terrain test with his forcibly ejected space marine squad, getting them out of the razerbacks crater and ran them toward my only held objective. In the assault phase Farsight finished off the marines he was fighting in assault. We rolled a 3 again to see if the game would go another turn. His marines were ONE QUARTER INCH away from my objective. We tied for objective, neither of us scored the secondary objective, and we ended up going to kill points, in which I had only lost a single crisis suit. Total kill point score: 10 to 1.

It was an exceptionally close match, and I thank Joe for being an excellent opponent, and look forward to facing his Deamons next league.

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:40 pm

It was an over all good game. The close games are always more fun, but i think Paz still the top for closest game against me.

I had a few problems with this game other then I lost. First off terminators... some one needs to remind mine that they really do have invulnerable saves, like my commander failing 3 out of 3 of them. Second I think my guys forgot they could assault as well as shoot, like a 10 man squad assaulting and getting 3 hits, like come on dumb asses.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2