Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quick question

4 posters

Go down

quick question Empty quick question

Post  stealth992 Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 am

can I deep strike Abaddon with a squad of terminators?
stealth992
stealth992
Sage

Back to top Go down

quick question Empty Re: quick question

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:57 am

stealth992 wrote:can I deep strike Abaddon with a squad of terminators?

he has term armor which comes with the ability to deep strike, so yes you can Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but be warned that would be a very expensive unit that might not get on the board or if placed in a bad spot get toasted. a unit like that people will focus on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 am

Yeah, at 275 points and a squad of terminators, thats alot of points your opponent won't have to worry about for awhile... if you get unlucky and dont get him in for awhile that is.

Id be more inclined to slap him in a land raider, but now your talking close to 700 points for that raider and terms alone.

Abbaddon will tear pretty much anything in the game, the only problem is trying to get him to earn his points back...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Yeah, he's pretty overkill against most things. Abaddon + Terminators really doesn't kill much more than a squad of Terminators should. Just make sure you have a chainfist or two to crack those landraiders.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:03 pm

He shines in apocalypse tho, with much more enemies to choose from and the table full of tightly packed units he'll earn his points back in a turn or two easy, still probably a bad HQ choice for a regular game.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:40 pm

In Apocalypse.. oh yeah, for sure. You can deep strike him and he'll come in on turn 2 max, maybe even turn one depending on your strategems.. but yeah for a strtegic type game, 1750-2000.. hes got alot of work to do.

I used him a few weeks ago against Stash in a 1750 game. Ive never used him before, but he finished the game without a wound. I think he killed a chimera and one guardsmen squad, and even though i won the game it really the resuklt of anything Abbadon did. A smart opponent would just run away from him or try to tie him down with something cheap like lesser daemons or something.

Anyway, good advice all around for Abbadon.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Liar! He took one wound in that game! But it wasn't from anything Stash did. Abaddon took a wound walking over the very Chimera he killed:)
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

quick question Empty hey thx

Post  stealth992 Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:22 am

yeah thx for advice. but yeah i was just looking at deep striking abaddon as an option because he is my only hq unit besides kharn and I need to field abaddon for my higher point games due to a lack of options. a land raider might be something i'll consider sometime in the future. but for now i've got everything in rhinos moving at 12 inches so abaddon ends up getting left behind. right now my army isn't very competitive so i'll probably just try deep striking him. either way he's fun to field.
stealth992
stealth992
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum