Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAWG Winners

5 posters

Go down

PAWG Winners Empty PAWG Winners

Post  System Commander Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:15 pm

I thought I'd post a quick note after Ryan mentioned it to give priase to the guys who won out in PA this past weekend.

Chris Anderson took home the sportsmanship prize. I got to play Chris during the tourney in a pretty bloody match. Moment of the game came when my rhino tank shocked a unit of Sisters off the table and out of contesting range for an objective.

Pascal won the Best army appearance award with his slick looking space marines. I believe he took the best painted single mini as well.. ? They werent even 100% finished, yet he still pulled in alot of compliments. Get them done Paz and you'll have one slick looking army there. I believe that Paz technically won the quiz award as well with a score of 9, but the prize ended up going to a PA guy. I believe Ben wanted to split up the prizes a bit. I think the winner scored an 8. Greg L also scored a 8. I believe the rest of us scored failing scores of 4's for the most part. Pascal also won second place/runner up. So good job there Paz.. I think he took home the most prizes..

PA guys took the rest of the awards. Best General went to a chaos player. It's good to see the young guys getting armies fully painted. However, he was playing with a pretty awful list. 2 Slaneesh princes with Lashes, 4 Obliterators, 8 terminators or Khorne with combi plasmas, some Noise marines, and I cant remember much else. That double prince lash oblit combo is a headache for any army, and in the end I think he took a huge hit on his comp scores which hurt him in the end. Now, I could be 100% wrong with this.. the guy playing Imperial Guard with 3 Valk's might of won Best General to, I was to busy admiring my prize to notice.

What's that you say.. you won a prize? Yes, the System Commander has retained his title first granted to him at a PAWG tourney waay back.

PAWG Winners 100_2228

I cant seem to win tourney any where else, but my dice karma flows pretty strong when I walk into that gym. I didn't get a medal this time around, but I did get a nice poster and some Stormboyz. However, I'll be wearing my medal for the next few league nights to enforce my authority. As a side note.. I beat Paz by half a point.. yes, half a point.

Good job and congrats to everyone. Like I mentioned before, we all had a great time at the event. Now, we have to find another one that will motivate me to paint up some more new stuff.

Last edited by System Commander on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

PAWG Winners Empty Re: PAWG Winners

Post  Spamus Eatus Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:49 pm

I can honestly say I didn't realize Pascal's army wasn't complete! It sure looked damn good though Very Happy In his case it was a landslide vote for best army. HOWEVER, since he also got runnerup, I had to give best army to someone else, which would have been Robyn, but he won best overall, so then I gave it to Alex's 150 ork mob of doom. I try to spread the prizes around as best as possible. I gave best single fig to Pascal though, cause he got it fair and square with a full 9 of 19 votes. The next in line for single fig would have been Robyn again, but he was best overall. Pascal also did officially win quizmeister, but because of his haul already, I gave it to the next in line, and that was John. Most intimidating army is now a player vote, and Dustin won that with a massive 7 of 19 votes.

I tells ya, trying to properly pair people up and then distributing awards at the end can be mind-destroying at times!

So I'm a little curious, what does everyone do with their pictures after they get home? Does everyone dig the pictures?

In regards to Devon, who won best general: I've been on his case for some time to try new things like taking more chaos marine squads, and dropping one of the lash princes. He did end up getting docked pretty heavilly on his army list, which also tends to spill over onto the sportsman score. I keep the army comp and sportsman score separate for that reason. You could play against a horrible, evil list, but the guy could be really nice about it(for example, Cam one year with his Siren prince from hell slaanesh army) Razz In other tournies, I've played against a awesome fluffy army with all the proper insignia and background fleshed out, but the other guy was a bit of a putz.

And a little heads up to people who might play Darren in the future, he tends to roll really quickly and behind stuff sometimes, so keep an eye on that. I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but he can get a little extra competitive at times.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 pm

No Biggie Ben. In regards to Devon: I wouldn't have cared as much about his double lash prince/oblit spam if not for the trash talk he started when i brought out my marines (one cant complain about vanilla when one plays the most well known cheesefest out there). But I really did like his"sweet skillz" obliterators. I had a lot of fun, and I think the distribution of prizes was fair.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:

So I'm a little curious, what does everyone do with their pictures after they get home? Does everyone dig the pictures?

Give me a pciture and ill tell you! Razz

Seriously though, I think they are a great touch. Much better than the gw trophies.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 am

Hey man, I love the pictures! Ive got all three up in my basement here as well as the coolest army one.. I think they are great.. you should definitely keep it up.

Theres nothing you can really do about army selection.... its going to happen to always. Its pretty funny.. because I wasnt as worried about his army as I was about John's and Dustins.. and I ended up playing Dustin in the final round anyway. Kharne's unit is immune tpsychic powers and I could my other troops in vehicles or far enough to worry about the lash.

What one person thinks is a bit on the cheese side, the person playing might not. Like you said though, he ends up taking it on the chin in the sports/comp phase. A few tournies of finishing in the middle of the pack because of your army comp and things will straighten. I think Id sooner take on a pair of lash princes rather then a unit of nob bikers though.. ugh.. and there were one of those... Smile

Prize distrubution was top notch. No complaints there! Good job again man, we all had a great time.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 pm

The tournament was a great time! The scenerios where fun. Each one had its own flavour. The PA tournaments are well run and are allways a fun day of gaming. Keep up the good work!
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum