Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At long last: new and improved Imperial guard!

+2
Timbo
Lord_Commander_Stash
6 posters

Go down

At long last: new and improved Imperial guard! Empty At long last: new and improved Imperial guard!

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 17, 2009 3:55 am

Well it has been along time comming....

It started out with the good old plastic catachans when they first came out. Back then I couldn't paint flesh tone for the life of me, so I painted them all as blacks Razz

Slowly I have acquired the new cadians since they came out, and only painted one squad since. I had brought the air brush to all my tanks for armoured company, but I never had a whole honest guard army done.

Now I have 50 models or so freshly primed, 13 heavy weapon teams finished converting and putting on the new bases (with 2 more to come sometime) waiting for the primer, a valkyrie and hell hound to air brush, and 10 ratlings to dip, strip and repaint! Also some advisors and a psyker battle squad to buy.

Right now my room is a mess with sprues everywhere from the work I have been doing the last week or so...

Painting starts tomorrow!
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

At long last: new and improved Imperial guard! Empty Re: At long last: new and improved Imperial guard!

Post  Timbo Sun May 17, 2009 5:05 am

...also, Dude, blacks is not the preferred nomenclature. African-Americans please.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

At long last: new and improved Imperial guard! Empty Re: At long last: new and improved Imperial guard!

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Timbo wrote:...also, Dude, blacks is not the preferred nomenclature. African-Americans please.

America doesnt exist in the 41st milenium. Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri May 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Well last night I made a batch of chimera and ratling dip soup. Look forwards to giving them a good paint job this time!
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Did you buy some new Ratlings or the old ones?

How many Chims do you have now?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri May 22, 2009 5:16 pm

System Commander wrote:Did you buy some new Ratlings or the old ones?

How many Chims do you have now?

Old ratlings ive always had and painted 10000 years ago.

This chimera was a vdr conversion I did way back when to prove chimeras were overcosted. I super glued some card baord on the sides for more armour and puttyed in the recess where the heavy bolter goes. This is going to be the dirtiest restoration ever! But I look forward to it oddly enough.
it would be #5
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri May 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Ughhh I remember that ugly old thing. Good luck!
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 24, 2009 1:48 am

Well the dip went exceptionally well. Easiest dip session I ever had. Both the ratlings and the chimera scrubbed down easily primer and all. Smile
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun May 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Do you mean you stripped them, or dipped them Stash?

This is the best thread ever. I love all the pics! No wait.... they're not pics, they're retarded emoticons!

Take some pic's lad! Then I will burn through your posts with the most deflating of comments on your work!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun May 24, 2009 2:22 pm

I like the blow by blow descriptions. It's like I'm there! And Stash, none of this counts until paint actually goes on models.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 24, 2009 5:17 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Do you mean you stripped them, or dipped them Stash?

This is the best thread ever. I love all the pics! No wait.... they're not pics, they're retarded emoticons!

Take some pic's lad! Then I will burn through your posts with the most deflating of comments on your work!

COme down to the den wednesday and see it first hand Wink
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Timbo wrote:I like the blow by blow descriptions. It's like I'm there! And Stash, none of this counts until paint actually goes on models.

Oh paint is going on the models! The only hitch is that I have no boltgun metal cause Cam stole it!
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 am

Just put together a vendetta using the lascannons from the new plastic heavy weapons. Also put primer to a chimera and a bane wolf. I will have two chimeras with heavy flamers.
Air brush will be busted out by the weekend! Smile
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 am

Your supposed to include pictures when you post these threads.. pictures !!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:18 am

System Commander wrote:Your supposed to include pictures when you post these threads.. pictures !!

This is a blow by blow commentary. Just like listening to a fight or hockey game on the radio. Pictures in your mind.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 pm

System Commander wrote:Your supposed to include pictures when you post these threads.. pictures !!

Taking pictures uses up valuable time!!! Besides you can see the latest work tonight at the den Wink
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Your time is valuable?

This is my new favorite corner of the internet. I NEED to hear more updates Stash! Let us have it!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Well after playing my tourney army for PA today I realized I didn't have enough guardsmen with flamers assembled! I didn't realize I had 7 in the army! I never fielded an army with 7 flamers before....

Assembly line take 2: I rounded up all of the grenades and cantine packs on sprues and decided to paint them all up and actually put them on the models. About 70 of each!
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Well I am prepping the valkyries for painting...

Here is another warning about the valk: The canopies come convieniently seperate from the frame which surounds them (which 'bolts' them to the rest of the craft). Well sorta.....
There are 3 peices on each canopy piece which needs to be painted which is a pain in the ass to do trying to not paint the parts which are meant to stay transparent. Good job GW!!!!
So I get to do a painful job of covering 95% of the canopies in painters tape so they can be primed and airbrushed. Rolling Eyes
Here is a pic of the painted valk with the parts of the canopie frame which are actually part of the transparent plastic of the canopies themselves circled in red:
At long last: new and improved Imperial guard! Normal_valkyrie
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:19 am

Hey, finally a picture!

Stash, that's the way she goes with transparent pieces. A very useful tool is liquid masking product. You can brush it on then remoive it and it's great for stuff like this. Any places where you screw up with the tape or masking fluid just rub the paint off with a clean stiff brush and some rubbing alcohol.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:30 pm

hehe, you said stiff and rubbing in the same sentence....
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Over the last few days:
2 valkyries and 2 tanks airbrushed and completed, 2 flamer carrying guardsmen assembled and painted, officer stripped and repainted, all guardsmen given the canteen/knife/ammo packs and grenades, replaced a heavy bolter for heavy flamer on a chimera, touched up already painted figs.

Things left to do:
-eyeballs
-flocking
-Details on heavy weapons
-decals
-psyker battle squad if the minis come in...

Oh and waiting for some shotguns from Ryan!!! Wink
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 am

Stash, you had me worried there would be no emoticon in your post. But there it was, just like Gandalf at the end of "The Two Towers" riding in at the last moment to stave off certain defeat! Phew.... close one buddy!

Just to confirm.... you have no means of posting pic's? I think this thread could really benefit from some pictures. I really do think so. lol!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:16 am

ScottRadom wrote:Stash, you had me worried there would be no emoticon in your post. But there it was, just like Gandalf at the end of "The Two Towers" riding in at the last moment to stave off certain defeat! Phew.... close one buddy!

Just to confirm.... you have no means of posting pic's? I think this thread could really benefit from some pictures. I really do think so. lol!

Mostlike lazyness....I have to find where the hell my dad keeps the digital camera, then find where the hell he keeps the cord to connect to the pc, then move my models to a suitable place to take a pic other than my very messy desk, then find a suitable site to host the pics.

My answer is come to the den on wednesdays to see the work first hand Wink
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down