Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

assembling the new valkyrie

3 posters

Go down

assembling the new valkyrie Empty assembling the new valkyrie

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sat May 16, 2009 12:03 am

Well guys if you are thinking of putting this together give yourself alot of time, have plenty of relaxing breaks and even a massage....

This model is much worse than putting together a chimera thats for sure. Awesome model, with forgeworld level detail, but make sure you have lots of time, and rubber bands to hold things together....
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

assembling the new valkyrie Empty Re: assembling the new valkyrie

Post  System Commander Sat May 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Eek. I went bto buy some stuff on Wed. and Darren was cleared right out. He had one Chimera left ont he shelf, no lemans, no valkyries. Even the blisters were dried right out.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sat May 16, 2009 2:41 pm

He has some stuff in now, but no blisters though.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Sun May 17, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks for the head's up on the Valkeryie.

I'm happy darren sold out of Hellhounds and LR's. I'd honestly hold off on tanks Robyn. I think August or September is IG 1.5 with the Tank's, Hounds, and Artillary coming out. I forget exactly but it's there. I should be getting my 2 Valk's and 2 battleforces to touch everything off.

I wanna get some more vehicles but for now i wait.

Thanks Tim and the other guy who's armies i bought, your 10 year forsight was absolutely AMAZING. 1 Ogryn "Nok Deddog, 1 Necromunda Heavy Bolter "Harker", 2 griffons. It all fits together love it.

I was in last saturday and even darren was amazed at IG i think he sold out all 16 Codex's which is IMHO wow.
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun May 17, 2009 12:56 pm

I dont need any Lemans or Hellhounds.. I need Chimeras and Valk's.. Smile

Well, I shouldnt lie.. Ill definitely be putting in a punisher.. but I can easily make a gatling cannon.. no problemo.

I made up a list that came out to 2020 before I added in in any Heavy support or Fast attack. Sigh, this is going to painful to pick all the stuff I want.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I hear you there Robyn. I've been mulling around some idea's. I understand the Psychers are PIMP but i'm still leaning to the 2 storm troopers + Marbo (aka: demo chucker).

I'd really be interested to see who's playing Guard now. I'm sure there's gotta be 3 -5 of you with old guard, maybe 1 or 2 that were playing 4th Guard.

It can only get better Wolves are next.
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 pm

System Commander wrote:I dont need any Lemans or Hellhounds.. I need Chimeras and Valk's.. Smile

Well, I shouldnt lie.. Ill definitely be putting in a punisher.. but I can easily make a gatling cannon.. no problemo.

I made up a list that came out to 2020 before I added in in any Heavy support or Fast attack. Sigh, this is going to painful to pick all the stuff I want.. Smile

WTF did you take???
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun May 17, 2009 7:08 pm

I took two command platoons, 2 infantry platoons, two veteran squads, two special squads, a heavy weapon squad, a conscript squad, a stormtrooper squad and a maxed out psyker squad. That with 3 cimheras brought me to 2020. I still need to fit in a hellhound, 2 lemans, 2 valkyries, and 2 penal legions. Im gonna have some trouble doing that.. Smile It can be done easily enough, I jsut dont want to drop anything Sad
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 pm

System Commander wrote:I took two command platoons, 2 infantry platoons, two veteran squads, two special squads, a heavy weapon squad, a conscript squad, a stormtrooper squad and a maxed out psyker squad. That with 3 cimheras brought me to 2020. I still need to fit in a hellhound, 2 lemans, 2 valkyries, and 2 penal legions. Im gonna have some trouble doing that.. Smile It can be done easily enough, I jsut dont want to drop anything Sad

I would take out the storm troopers and special weapon squads cause they suck. Special weapon squads are the same as command sections, or vet squads and storm troopers are over costed. You don';t necessarily need a maxed out psyker squad either. I think str 6 is enough (or -6 ld).
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Sun May 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Nothing wrong with Storm Troopers they just can't get caught alone in assaults.

Special weapons squads need eretta.

Your right about not needing a maxed psycher squad but 9 Str is alot better than 6 Str.

What are you using conscripts for? I like the idea of the special character with conscripts for holding objectives (yes it's expensive i know) It's a nice touch.

What are your command squads. It appears (guessing) your taking a straken HQ to lead from the front, and a cheapo HQ with advisors to reign down chaos. (that's a guess and was my plan too)

If your gonna dump storm troopers i'd take a small squad (or big) of rats to pin in conjuction with psycher.

I'd personally only use 1 veteran squad (Harker + 2 melta +Hvy Flamer + Vox) walking slaughter machine.....

Looks like a good list though.

What Specific tanks are u using BTW?
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah, I'll take out the stormtroopers for sure. They are really cool nmow, but yeah.. expensive. And truthfully, coming in on a Valkyrie they would just be hunting for some power armor unit. Im sure after a couple times of deep striking in and unloading some rapid fire into a space marine, Id get very disheartened when I wounded one with my awesome str 3.

That being said, I love special weapon squads. Special weapons squads coming in a valkyrie with a demo charge and a melta gun. The same thing goes the vet squads to though, one demo charge and 2 meltas and one demo and two plasmas for the other.

I have one command with straken and 3 flamers with a heavy flamer to ride in a chimera and a mixed bag for the other command platoon. I can drop the other command platoon though, I mainly took it becasue I had it.

Concripts are a cheap throwaway 80 points that can hold an objective with ALOT of wounds. There only purpose is to go sit on an objective and go to ground for the rest of the game.

I definitely want to take a maxed out psyker squad though. If the chimera blows up and I lose a ocuple guys, I still want to to be effective, so basically Im just loading it up with a few extra wounds.

My squads are mainly outfitted with what I had them with before the new book. Ive got a platoon with missile/grenades and a platoon with autocannon/plasma. With the cost of plasma guns these days, I think I',m better off outfitting the autocannons with granade launachers as well for a whopping 5 points. Heavy weapon squad has lascannons of course.

Ill have to play a few games with different formations and see what I like. Im going to field a hellhound, 2 lemans and 2 valkyries as well, so have to figure out a way to work that in.

Ive still got 5 ogryns, 10 ratlings, and 3 sentinels I can fall back on, but probably wont bring those out until I play a really high point game.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down