Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Game - How'd it go?

4 posters

Go down

Apocalypse Game - How'd it go? Empty Apocalypse Game - How'd it go?

Post  System Commander Fri May 08, 2009 1:50 pm

So like the subject says, how did the Apocalypse game go last weekend? I saw Paz developing a cunning plan of sorts when I stopped by, but I wanted to hear how things played out.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Game - How'd it go? Empty Re: Apocalypse Game - How'd it go?

Post  Paz Fri May 08, 2009 4:17 pm

It worked out pretty good, a rollercoaster game there for a bit. Both sides kept a lot in reserve, but evil (using kunnin planz) used thier strategic assets and legendary formations to get thier entire army in first turn (except for a couple slow guard). The eldar suffered quite a bit of losses in the beginning, as the warhound titan and sisters forces came in 2nd and 3rd turns, leaving the space elves to take the brunt of evil.
In the end, the sheer number of daemons swung the game, after we found out it was victory points that decided contested objectives (of which there was many). i do believe it was 3 to one for objectives= Evil Win.

Highlights

Matt= used the lords of the black crusade (all the CSM special characters in a squad!), which churned through the allied good lines, even hurting the warhound titan! After the titan ended up stomping them to death, matt revealed that he had taken the Strategic asset that brought the entire unit back to life! the groans from the good team grew ten times that day..... Mad

Pascal= I used a formation called the tetragon of darkness, a square that allowed the considerable # of daemons within it to have nightfight and reroll all failed inv saves!!! Because it counted as one formations, (and cost 2000 pts) it allowed me to bring all my daemons on first turn! much fun for the daemonic hordes that day.

Robert= his tanks killed lotsa stuff! also, when Chris brought a LR terminus ultra (the lascannon beast thinger) on right behind his larggest baneblade superheavy, I popped my tzeentch Strategic Asset for the game, allowing me to take over the terminus, turning its considerable firepower on chris's own troops, and saving the baneblade from back armour lascannon death!! oh the groans... Laughing

Ben= After walking through some tanks, my GD of slaanesh killed the warhound, only to be ripped apart by dark reapers!! oh the agony... Ben took the brunt of our first assaults, and actually almost contested an objective (until matt despoiled it Twisted Evil )

Chris= ah poor chris, all our powers messed up his sweet tank attack. He did manage to almost win the game, with all his sisters and tanks rushing in at the end to contest our objectives. Once again, Chris wins army most bullied by evil strategic assets award Razz

Stash= oh that griffon!! most invulnerable tank of the ages! I swear we filled that thing with a ton of lead and daemon plasma... Also, that eversor was the ballerzz! It single handedly killed a 10 daemon squad of bloodletters without taking a wound, and went on to contest an objective with my horrors (oh the horror...)

Good game, lots of sneakiness, but the Evil side wins again (strange, that never happens Rolling Eyes )
I had tons of fun, and I'm glad we could organize this on such short notice and after so many cancellations,

GOOD GAME GUYS!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Sat May 09, 2009 12:39 am

Bah, we have too many evil players with too much experience in apocalypse and access to souped up models. :p

Though for my second game of apocalypse and Ben's first, I think we did rather well. Just you wait you evil guys, we're learning. We'll put up even more of a fight next time. Very Happy
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 am

The titan walked all over the squad of chaos lords Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down