Imperial Guard rumours part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imperial Guard rumours part 2

Post  System Commander on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:09 pm

And some more. There is nothing bad with any of these rumours.. everything is good! Concscripts are gone.. but who cares when you got penal legion! Scriest thing in the whole list.. Punisher Gatling Cannon for the Leman.. heavy 20.. !!!! I have to assume that's a mistake.. although who knows these days. Alot of people thought the stuff from the marine book was to good to be true. I have to start painting guardsmen!

TROOPS

Penal Battalion: 50 pts. 1 Custodian and 9 Penal troopers. Ld 8. Rifle and close combat weapons. Scouts, Stubborn, "Desperate".

Chimera: 55 pts. 12 10 10 Tank, Amphibious, Mobile Command Vehicle. Multi-laser, hull Heavy Bolter, searchlight and smoke launchers. Options: Upgrade Multi-laser to Heavy Flamer or Heavy Bolter - free; hull Heavy Bolter to Heavy Flamer - free; Storm Bolter or Heavy Stubber +10pts, Hunter-Killer Missile +10pts, Dozer Blade +10 pts, Extra Armour +15pts, Camo Netting +20pts.

FAST ATTACK

Hellhound: 12 12 10 Tank, Fast. Inferno Cannon: 12" Template, S6 AP4 Heavy 1 (like the previous version but there is no roll to hit and no partials, but reaches 12").

Devildog: 12 12 10 Tank, Fast. Fusion Cannon: 24" S8 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast, "Fusion".

Banewolf: 12 12 10 Tank, Fast. Chemical Cannon: S1 AP3 Heavy 1, Template, Poison (wounds on a 2+ to "targets with resistance").

HEAVY SUPPORT

- Leman Russ Special Rule: Can choose to move 6" and fire all weapons or fire nothing and move 6" +1D6".

LR Battle Tank: 14 13 10 Tank. Battle Cannon.

LR Exterminator: 14 13 10 Tank. Exterminator Autocannon: Heavy 4, Twin-linked.

LR Vanquisher: 14 13 10 Tank. Vanquisher Cannon: AP2 Heavy 1, +1D6 penetration.

LR Eradicator: 14 13 10 Tank. Eradicator Nova Cannon: 36" S6 AP4 Heavy 1, Large Blast, Ignores cover saves.

LR Demolisher: 14 13 11 Tank. Demolisher Siege Cannon.

LR Punisher: 14 13 11 Tank. Punisher Gatling Cannon: 24" S5 AP- Heavy 20.

LR Executioner: 14 13 11 Tank. Executioner Plasma Cannon: 36" S7 AP2 Heavy 3.

Basilisk: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^.

Medusa: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Medusa Siege Gun: 36" S10 AP2, Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast. "Fortification Buster" Ammunition: 48" S10 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast, +1D6 penetration.

Colossus: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Colossus Siege Cannon: 24-240" S6 AP3 Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast, Ignores cover saves.

Griffon: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Griffon Heavy Mortar: 12-48" S6 AP4 Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast, can choose to "repeat" (re-roll?) deviation dice roll.

Manticore: 12 10 10 Tank. Storm Eagle Missile: 4 only. 24-120" S10 AP4 Heavy Artillery 1D3, Large Blast.

Deathstrike: 12 12 10 Tank. Deathstrike Missile: 1 only. 12"-960" S10 AP1 Heavy Artillery***, Blast (radius 1D3+3").
Special Rules:
- Cannot be fired on Turn 1. Each turn roll a D6, weapon can be fired on a 6. Modifiers: +1 per turn, -1 for each crew stunned or weapon destroyed results sustained. Can always be fired on the roll of a natural 6.
- Any weapon destoyed results received are ignored, the only effect they have is to delay the launch.
- Hits on vehicles in the area of the Deathstrike Missile are not calculated at half strength but at S10.

^These four can also be enclosed.

Thats it ... I have heard on the other hand, from the same guy who took the photos, that:

Ogryns: 25 pts, S5 T5 A3 Sv4+ and have "rabid assault" (Furious Charge?).

Valkyrie: Skimmer. 24" move. Troops may disembark at any point in its movement, but more than 12" and they take a dangerous terrain check.

Conscripts: Gone.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Imperial Guard rumours part 2

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 pm

do we have any gurd players now i think with these rules we will get a lot more

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:42 pm

There are lots of Guard players around.. anyojne who's played 40K for awhile loves the guard.. they just took a huge kick with the new edition. The new book should giuve them the boost needed. I'll be playing them for awhile!

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Sounds pretty good, I haven't been excited about my guard army for awhile now. Looks like a few new things worth picking up as well. The DevilDog sounds pretty neat. I think that that crazy gattling cannon my be mixed up with the new super heavy thats coming out, I've seen a pic of it somewhere and it does have big gat cannons mounted on it. But who knows.

gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Ya....I am definatly gonna have a gatling cannon (or 2) running around....

As well, I am excited about the Orgyns......I think they will be scary as hell....no more instant kill via Fist....and Feel No Pain :-) I better get working on them....

Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 am

It is really interesting all the FURVOR this new update has gotten with the translation i think from spanish to english.

I know for people like me that found guard obtuse and hard. This codex will make alot of my stuff shine and make the codex alot more fun (at least for me).

i have: LR Vanquisher: 14 13 10 Tank. Vanquisher Cannon: AP2 Heavy 1, +1D6 penetration.
x 2 Griffon: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Griffon Heavy Mortar: 12-48" S6 AP4 Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast, can choose to "repeat" (re-roll?) deviation dice roll.

With the Penal Legion stuff i'm gonna go on a lark and say that Schaffer, Kage and the last chancers are gonna make a character apperiance (guess). I'd also think there will be a Commisiar caracter (praying it's caphias cain, although i have no clue how they will work out his melta weilding blank of a second).

I'm happy that they are reworking psychers. The sounds of a Commasair HQ and a Fleet Commander are also good news.

I wonder however if the Human tide will replace the Green tide in tournaments. I must admit that i have never seen a Green tide army in action but i do know how they work. I've read comments that with the new mission types they are almost nigh impossible to overcome. This is due to just too much to kill in too short a time.

Overall it's sounding like another huge codex following the huge Space Marine dex. With alot of dusty IG armies out there it will be a good thing to see them shining in the light of day dying so that a group of 10 SMurfs can take the glory. All and all a great thing i just feel bad for the people that are clamouring for thier armies codex ( Dark Eldar, SWurfs). However they might also be grinning with glee knowing that their time to shine is coming soon.

Aervyper
Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 am

The guard always does good my it's codexes. I'm asusming the book will be set-up lik ethe last few. Depending on which commander you buy (special characters included) you'll have access to different choices and types. The fleet commander is supposed to call in an orbital bombardment, similar to the space marine commander one.. (which is damn dangerous!). So, I would anticipate a make-up lik ethat. Looks lik ethey are going to overload us with choices like the Space marine book.. which I think is an aweosme idea. people will jsut keep buying and adding more units, trying differnet ideas, etc.

The new Ogryns sound awesome.. they've been =I=censor=I= for a long time. But like I said, Im more excited abou tthe gatling cannon.. but it stil seems to good to be true. Like Ryan said though, problably a new upgrade to a heavy. A green tide wouldn't last to long with a pair of those raining down on them.. even with the guard BS.

System Commander

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top