Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paint Stripping

2 posters

Go down

Paint Stripping Empty Paint Stripping

Post  smackman Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:34 am

is there any way to strip acrylic paint off of plastic models without melting them?

I recently bought a Tau 2500 pts army off a guy ludicrously cheap ($130) and I'm wondering if there's any way to strip paint off them, also if anyone knows some tricks for undoing super glue that's awesome (if it's possible)

basically the guy that sold them to me painted some of them so thick there's no detail left, and alot of stuff is glued wrong and/or stupidly. (Not that I'm any good at painting at all but even by my standards these are bad and I'm just wondering if I have to live with it)
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Paint Stripping Empty Re: Paint Stripping

Post  ScottRadom Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 am

Yes! Go to a hardware store and buy a jug of "Simple Green". Drop them in there and you can start stripping after about 4-5hrs, but I would leave them a day or two because it's just that much easier. This is the number one stuff!

Just use a tooth brush to scrub them under warm (Not hot!) tap water and the world is your oyster. n SImple green is about 12$ If I recall for a 1.5 liter jug. You can use that stuff for a long, long time before you have to dump it out, and some cheap bastards just run it through a coffee filter and keep reusing it.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum