Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its GONE GOLD people!!!

+3
Paz
System Commander
Matthew G
7 posters

Go down

Its GONE GOLD people!!! Empty Its GONE GOLD people!!!

Post  Matthew G Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Dawn of War 2 has officially gone gold!
CLICK ME!
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Its GONE GOLD people!!! Empty Re: Its GONE GOLD people!!!

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm

the game looks ok

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm

is it for mac

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:53 pm

ok.. ? OK? Man, it looks awesome!! A 40k game on a 40K forum?? You cant any better than that..

Last edited by System Commander on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm

dawn of war 1 winter asssult dark crusade and soulstorm are really fun

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes, but this is Dawn of War II.. its everything else.. but x 2 !

Last edited by System Commander on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 pm

when are they going to make dawn of war for mac i have to play it on my crap labtop that just got a trojin horse virus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Ben, I would really appreciate it if you used spell check and proper grammar, its hard to read leetspeak on a local forum, I think we all get enough of that already, thanks a bunch. Smile
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:42 pm

ok got it

Back to top Go down

Its GONE GOLD people!!! Empty Multi-player beta

Post  Veyure Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:27 am

Those of you who own the soulstorm expansion, go to steam.com and look into downloading the DoW 2 multiplayer beta files. you need to key from soulstorm to play it. it's pretty awesome
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:15 pm

My buddy Darren jsut played DOW 2 and he didn't to much good to say about it. He was a huge fan of DOW 1, but jsut didnt like that there was no building of bases, addons, etc.

I wont be able to play it either way, and Ive never been a big RTS fan so Im not to worried, but how did you guys find it?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:19 pm

i find it much more challenging and i appreciate the step away from the traditional rts. having only suads of men to deal with instead of dealing with large bases of 200 men sitting behind a wall of turrets is a nice change. the mechanic forces players to move out and engage with the enemy just like the forces would do in the fluff, except maybe the IG. i like it. can't wait to play the campaign.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Also, why the hell would space marines or nids or eldar build a military base on every single small skirmish? that is very unlikely tactically as it would be a pain in the ass to defend the builders. no i think, especially with space marines, that a rapid strike force would be deployed quickly without a slugish building regime folowing them everywhere.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Buhler Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

Yeah I always found that odd about DOW as well. I mean I could see you having to "build" a base at your HQ maybe using those per turn requisition points or something, but after that there should theoretically just be a staging (or "spawning" for the FPS fans) point where you call in reinforcements, with maybe having some upgrades that can be summoned in to assist with speeding up recruitment and reinforcements (like having a construction team temporarily "drop in" at one of your power points to construct a landing pad/summoning pit/support portal/whatev's for infantry and/or vehicles then depart. And while they can be destroyed, the point would rather be to capture whatever point the structure is built at so your team can use it. Maybe this already happens in the game, all I've seen is a short three-on-three beta multiplayer game.).

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:37 am

I dont think I cna play it, so Im to worried. LIke I said, rts games bug me anyway. I did play through DOW a few times, and while some parts were neat, in the end it was pretty much doing the exact same thing every time.

The main reason I dislike rts is it just gets to frantic when you've got like 50+ guys storming in somewhyere. And even through I do toggle them into units and give orders constantly, I find it difficult to keep on creating units at the the home base to send up to the front lines, while trying to monitor whats going on in the battle.

So, for me personally, going down to a smaller game is ideal! I really hope it does good though.. Id love nothing more then a bunch of 40k games coming out.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:11 pm

I knew they were going to a more squad based system of gameplay for DoW 2. Personally, I will likely try it out first now that I have heard some "bad" things about it, but I will see. It still could be a lot of fun.

However, I am in the same boat as Rob in the fact that my PC does not have the horsepower to play it.....but I am thinking about fixing that problem in the next few monthes.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:46 pm

System Commander wrote:My buddy Darren jsut played DOW 2 and he didn't to much good to say about it. He was a huge fan of DOW 1, but jsut didnt like that there was no building of bases, addons, etc.

I wont be able to play it either way, and Ive never been a big RTS fan so Im not to worried, but how did you guys find it?

I might like it better if you dont have to reinvent the wheel each time. it doesnt make much sense either that you start a battle with only your underwear on by having to build the troops you are going to attack with on the fly.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down